Fallout 4 Announced

Thomas

I wasn't all that impressed with the Fallout 4 showing. It looked less like Fallout and more like a mod of some sort. New Vegas was a true fallout game in terms of choices mattering and the world and felt like the proper Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was devoid of choices having and meaning in the grand scope of things as you really had one choice at the end of it all and nothing you do before hand will change the outcome save maybe a companion.

Its clear to me Todd Howard makes good games. But he does not make a good Fallout. The game will be tons of fun and I'll sink many hours into it, but I can't help but wonder how different things would be if Obsidian was given another crack at it. Because New Vegas was Fallout. 3 was lacking the Fallout feel.

you do realize that is all subjective.

To me fallout 3 was the game with the better world and story.

It also felt like my choices mattered more than in new vegas.

And fallout new vegas was the one with the better gameplay, interface and mechanics.

but on the other hand the world wass empty and boring and the story never really got me.

you do realize that is all subjective.

To me fallout 3 was the game with the better world and story.

It also felt like my choices mattered more than in new vegas.

And fallout new vegas was the one with the better gameplay, interface and mechanics.

but on the other hand the world wass empty and boring and the story never really got me.

Thats Fallout. A dead empty world with spotty remnants. Fallout 3 was black and white in its choices. You either were an ass to everyone or a saint. Really no in between. NV was much deeper than that. Ceaser, for all of his brutality still raises some very thought provoking points. He's an ass, and short sighted ass, but a smart ass too.

The older fallouts were similar to New Vegas in that aspect. 3 cut a lot of that out and was a very enjoyable game still, but lacked much of what made Fallout 2 good. Todd Howard is very very good at making games. Maybe just not Fallout games.

That being said, 4 could prove me very very wrong. 3 was his first attempt after all and Obsidian built on it.

yeah.... screw them.

You do realize why do keep using that engine do you?

Just in case you dont get it here a nice little spoiler.

The engine is really easy to mod and allows for a god awfull amount of mods to be installed and used at the same time without causing game breaking bugs.

I dont deny that the engine has short comings but seeing as what modders managed to do with the engine i dont see why it would be a bad engine.

And bugs and bad animation has nothing to do with the engine but more with bethesda being bethesda.

Take a good look at wither 3, came across more bugs there than i ever did in new vegas or skyrim.

Also what with all the hate against peordering all off a sudden?

Yeah i also agree with the thought that it is often a bad idea.

And i generally dont preorder my games for that reason and wait for the first reviews.

But there is the odd exception to that rule and that is the fallout series.

Because no matter how bad bethesda screws up we always have the modders to fix everything bad.

Digital pre-ordering is a bit silly, but I certainly do psychical pre-orders quite often. Can get some neat goodies that you'd normally miss out on or have to pay extra for later.

Gamers are just a negative bunch :P

yeah.... screw them.

You do realize why do keep using that engine do you?

Just in case you dont get it here a nice little spoiler.

The engine is really easy to mod and allows for a god awfull amount of mods to be installed and used at the same time without causing game breaking bugs.

I dont deny that the engine has short comings but seeing as what modders managed to do with the engine i dont see why it would be a bad engine.

And bugs and bad animation has nothing to do with the engine but more with bethesda being bethesda.

Take a good look at wither 3, came across more bugs there than i ever did in new vegas or skyrim.

Also what with all the hate against peordering all off a sudden?

Yeah i also agree with the thought that it is often a bad idea.

And i generally dont preorder my games for that reason and wait for the first reviews.

But there is the odd exception to that rule and that is the fallout series.

Because no matter how bad bethesda screws up we always have the modders to fix everything bad.

Gamebryo has derived from an engine that is over 15 years old. 15 YEARS!!! And please, dont even try to compare W3 to skyrim. That would be like comparing steak to burnt beef. Even if witcher had more bugs than oblivion, F3 and skyrim combined, it still destroys them all in gameplay department.

Bethesda needs to step up ther game. If this is how next-gen is supposed to look like, then I will silently cheering EA/Dice, because they at least try to push the boundaries with frostbyte.

Modding support is not excuse for using such godawful engine as Gamebryo in a game of 2015. Hell it was not even excuse with the case of Skyrim. Skyrim is crystal clear proof that the engine is simply outdated as hell. I mean try to fight something in dark souls 2, then start up skyrim and try to fight something there. It perfectly goes to show that Bethesda is stuck in stone age of gaming.

What??? I hope you are being sarcastic, because if not, YOU ARE PRACTICALLY BEGGING THEM TO STICK A **** IN YOUR MOUTH AND THEN USE THE *** STAINED UNMENTIONABLE TO STICK IT IN CERTAIN SPOT IN BETWEEN THE BUTTOCKS OF THE GAMING COMMNITY!!!

So what, they can be lazy and mess up because modders will fix it?

Gamebryo has derived from an engine that is over 15 years old. 15 YEARS!!! And please, dont even try to compare W3 to skyrim. That would be like comparing steak to burnt beef. Even if witcher had more bugs than oblivion, F3 and skyrim combined, it still destroys them all in gameplay department.

Bethesda needs to step up ther game. If this is how next-gen is supposed to look like, then I will silently cheering EA/Dice, because they at least try to push the boundaries with frostbyte.

Modding support is not excuse for using such godawful engine as Gamebryo in a game of 2015. Hell it was not even excuse with the case of Skyrim. Skyrim is crystal clear proof that the engine is simply outdated as hell. I mean try to fight something in dark souls 2, then start up skyrim and try to fight something there. It perfectly goes to show that Bethesda is stuck in stone age of gaming.

What??? I hope you are being sarcastic, because if not, YOU ARE PRACTICALLY BEGGING THEM TO STICK A **** IN YOUR MOUTH AND THEN USE THE *** STAINED UNMENTIONABLE TO STICK IT IN CERTAIN SPOT IN BETWEEN THE BUTTOCKS OF THE GAMING COMMNITY!!!

So what, they can be lazy and mess up because modders will fix it?

IF I USE CAPS LOCK AND I TRULY BELIEVE IN MY SELF, THEN WHATEVER I SAY HAS TO BE TRUE!

Please calm down, it's just a video game. Even I, a devoted Fallout fan, can see that. Also, if the people at Bethesda were as lazy as you say they are, then Fallout 4 would have been released two years after Fallout 3

IF I USE CAPS LOCK AND I TRULY BELIEVE IN MY SELF, THEN WHATEVER I SAY HAS TO BE TRUE!

Please calm down, it's just a video game. Even I, a devoted Fallout fan, can see that. Also, if the people at Bethesda were as lazy as you say they are, then Fallout 4 would have been released two years after Fallout 3

i believe people had them, but i doubt everyone had em.

when the game was released it was a massive chaos, you don't have to believe me but it was, just like when Rage was released for example it had all kinds of bugs, those are the 2 games I remember being full of bugs and the community went nuts because of it, something like the witcher 3 or dark souls 2 and the downgrade thing but way worst.