Fallout 4 Announced

Thomas

I don't want to sound like a hater, but why is my post apocalyptic world looking like a high fantasy one? The colours feel too vibrant for a nuclear wasteland... I'm not much of a post apocalyptic games player, but here's how I imagine one should be (again I love Fallout, so I'm just worried about it):

Nevertheless, it's still too early to tell.

So freaking pumped for it, now that witcher 3 is out, beth is the only gaming company I can look forward to for games, every other gaming company has fallen to the grab money corruption.....and this fallout looks like it will be a bigger size than NV,and because fallout 4 is announced, we can expect TES 6 after this. 

So freaking pumped for it, now that witcher 3 is out, beth is the only gaming company I can look forward to for games, every other gaming company has fallen to the grab money corruption.....and this fallout looks like it will be a bigger size than NV,and because fallout 4 is announced, we can expect TES 6 after this. 

Who knows, would be nice to have a gargantuan map.

Just remember it's beth and that means bugs..... lots of them dastardly creepy crawlers.

lol at the art. Yeah, it legitimately looks like an XBox 360 game. Well, that's not all there is to a game. I was cynical last page about FO4 but I failed to actually convey my reasons. I DO have my reasons, I'm not just some mindless hater. I decided to elaborate on them, but I was getting so incredibly long winded, I decided to spin off my monstrosity of a post into a blog article: Fallout 4 Is Not Very Exciting to Me, and Here's Why.

TL;DR:

I'm kind of getting sick of being disappointed. I'm getting sick of being a no-personality mute who is little more than an errand boy. I'm sick of the samey dungeons in every single game. I'm sick of the quest design that feels like you're going down a straight predetermined line instead of doing things your way. I'm sick of the shoddy writing, the shallow characters with crystal clear motivations, the stale and generic dialog, and the simple boilerplate storylines. Yes, Bethesda makes some great worlds to explore, but you know, I've played every single Bethesda game. I've played plenty of other compelling open world games. I've kind of had my fill. I watch the Fallout 4 trailer and am filled with apathy. I'm not saying Bethesda should ditch the open world, not at all, but I need something more. I'm looking forward to E3 this year. I'm a long-time fan of Bethesda's games, and I desperately want them to prove me wrong. But I won't hold my breath for it.

Although I do hope you read the whole article. I spent a decent amount of time on it.

That god-awful Gamebryo/Creation Engine has to go. Assuming the engine hasn't been heavily modified, it's safe to say that there will be just as many loading times in FO4 as there's been in Bethesda games since Oblivion. It will likely have the same modding limitations as previous games. Not to mention that they're obviously bringing back a more "refined" version of monetized modding.

As far as the game go, it's hard to say. They've already messed up the lore by introducing Vertibirds during the war itself. Only prototypes existed, and none were put into use until the events of FO2, where the Enclave had gotten its hands on them.

But...muh console commands  D:  How will I make my favorite NPCs invincible if they switch engines?

Have to say, after watching the trailer I'm not too impressed by the visuals.  I hope that's really early stuff, because, really, that looks like a trailer for a game that's a quite a few years old.  Really liking the brighter scenery, though.  Seeing the same colors in FO3 really just started to bore me, and I love that game to pieces.

anyone saw this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

looks like it is all true, it was posted 11 month ago and "she" nailed the date perfectly! I don't think it is coincidence, and everything "she" said it was also true.

RELEASE DATE: BGS has a "Roadmap" already planned out for Fallout 4 and a spinoff. I already was informed about it from the studio when I worked there, and I read it. Basically, the roadmap is this:

June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only <----
July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
August 2015 - More information
October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
November 2015 - First DLC
December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
January 2016 - Third DLC
March 2016 - Forth DLC
April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

anyone saw this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

looks like it is all true, it was posted 11 month ago and "she" nailed the date perfectly! I don't think it is coincidence, and everything "she" said it was also true.

RELEASE DATE: BGS has a "Roadmap" already planned out for Fallout 4 and a spinoff. I already was informed about it from the studio when I worked there, and I read it. Basically, the roadmap is this:

June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only <----

July 2015 - First gameplay trailers

August 2015 - More information

October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release

November 2015 - First DLC

December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release

January 2016 - Third DLC

March 2016 - Forth DLC

April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC

June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.

October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

I'm still skeptical. They say that it's not the creation engine, but it sure looks like it is. Rumors about Boston were around before that post was made. After FO4 was a no-show at E3 last year, it was an extremely safe bet that it would debut in June of this year. The two things that point to it maybe being real is that 1) the protagonist had voiced lines in the trailer, and 2) the institute stuff which wasn't part of any rumor (iirc) until they launched the hype site for the game. I dunno, some really safe guesses came true and a couple less-safe guesses did as well, doesn't mean I'll immediately buy into it.

It's them, who don't know how modern gamedev works. Studios often have massive roadmaps planned way ahead of whatever they plan to release. DLC's, spin-offs and other extensions are often prepared along with the main game. Everything is thoroughly calculated, there's no "risk" factor involved. If something doesn't work, won't work, or involves way too much issues and/or financial risk, ends up canceled. It's a business and the main point of having a huge franchise, is to milk as much money with as little effort and work as possible.

Well i take story and game-play before super graphics a 100 times of 100

and I'm not worried, there are gonna be a shit ton of mods which will make the game look better

It's Bethesda, you really expect good story and good gameplay? 

Well, if it doesn't have good graphics, gameplay, OR story, what's left? I guess you mean the combat. I guess bethesda games always did have weak combat. I thought the combat in New Vegas was almost acceptable. Maybe they can make this feel more like a proper shooter. I wonder if they'll keep VATs, it always felt a little out of place, like some cheap way to appease fans of 1 and 2. It never really fit in well, took you out of the action or was counter-productive to your immersion, and allowed you to cheese a lot of fights. Maybe now that there have been two first-person fallout games, they can just embrace that fully instead of clinging to the past. And I say that as a fan of the first two games.

Well, if it doesn't have good graphics, gameplay, OR story, what's left? I guess you mean the combat. I guess bethesda games always did have weak combat. I thought the combat in New Vegas was almost acceptable. Maybe they can make this feel more like a proper shooter. I wonder if they'll keep VATs, it always felt a little out of place, like some cheap way to appease fans of 1 and 2. It never really fit in well, took you out of the action or was counter-productive to your immersion, and allowed you to cheese a lot of fights. Maybe now that there have been two first-person fallout games, they can just embrace that fully instead of clinging to the past. And I say that as a fan of the first two games.

New vegas was made by Obsidian, not Bethesda, thus, you get the strong characters.

Bethesda games have a strong modding community, and a "feel good" feeling when playing them, they aren't that good, but just because they are Fallout, it's good. 

Regardless of who does or doesn't know how modern game development works, it's a false rumor. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057304

Basically, all of the leaks this reddit poster was correct on came from Kotaku first. And she claimed responsibility for leaking it to kotaku, which they've denied completely. 

I'm not sure what you're implying. I tend to think that Kotaku is a pretty terrible site, but they did nothing wrong here. The false leak is the reddit one, not the kotaku one.

I mean if they did get the info from that "woman" they are not gonna say that, of course they are going to denied it and yeah kotaku is terrible.

They would have actually said nothing at all if she was the source of the leak, instead of denying everything. Denials can backfire, especially if what they're denying is the truth.

Anyways, this is relevant:

edit: for real, this video is a pro fucking click.

They would have actually said nothing at all if she was the source of the leak, instead of denying everything. Denials can backfire, especially if what they're denying is the truth.

Anyways, this is relevant:

edit: for real, this video is a pro fucking click.

I love the McElroy brothers! Their podcasts are the best!

For some strange reason, I feel that FO4 shall be released October 23, 2015.

I thought the combat in New Vegas was almost acceptable. Maybe they can make this feel more like a proper shooter.

You can't turn Fallout into a "proper shooter", when melee is supposed to be a viable option to play. In average shooters, a guy running into bullets drops dead in a matter of mere seconds.

I never use the VATS, but it really doesn't hurt anyone. Just don't use it if you dislike it, it's not like you're being forced to beyond the tutorial.

Man, those out-of-game visuals are disgusting. The Skyrim trailer looked much better, so why did they take a step down? Bethesda should really hire some people to do cutscenes for them.

It isn't that they took a step down, it's that they took a visual style that is reminiscent of Fallout and Fallout 2. The lighting in the trailer is phenomenal and we already know that Bethesda is able to impress us with graphics.

I haven't even a computer working playing any modern games, so I order a new gaming computer that will works.

I don't know what I feel about Fallout 4, will it worth to get it or not? 

I probably will be more stuck on playing The Witcher 3 when my PC is coming or some other MMOs.

I checked trailer on Fallout 4 it didn't catch my interesting.