Fallout 4 Announced

Thomas

Well, Bethesda's version of Fallout is kinda lame. If this isn't Obsidian developed, I'll probably end up cynical on it up to its release. Either way, we live in a post-Witcher 3 world now, I'm not even sure Obsidian could produce something that would terribly excite me.

Where's Cyberpunk 2077? :P (In 2017)

Unfortunately that's usually the problem with Obsidian games. They have great ideas and a great story but are always rushed and are never able to complete them they way they were intended.

Except for Pillars of Eternity, which is a very substantial game that was also pretty dang polished and didn't feel rushed at all. It's what they can do without a publisher breathing down their neck.

To be honest I don't feel that exited at all. I mean I liked the fallout games, but at the same time I got bored really quickly.

It's the kind of problem that happens in western RPGs in which you can create your own character. Everything you can create must fit the game world, which means that the actual impact your character has in the story is not very substantial. Sure you can make decisions and all that, but it lacks something that really ties you to the story.

And if the story doesn't wrap you in, the gameplay must. But the current style fallout gameplay is kind of wonky mix of shooter and RPG and it doesn't do that well in either. It's kinda fun, but it get boring and annoying in the long run, when the stats start to decide everything. 

Still if this is Fallout 4 that's coming, I hope they do some improvements. I want to play fallout game I could fully enjoy.

hype expands exponentially

I wonder if there are any subliminal hints to be found within the video. That said E3 looks to be an interesting event to say the least as I am looking forward to some kind of gameplay demonstration ;D (there have also been rumors of a Dark Souls 3 E3 announcement!)

Looks like a Unity game... 

Yeah the game looks like complete shit right now. However

A. They are going to make it better and that's just how it looks right now

or

B. We are going to have to wait for modders to give us HQ mods

Better be the first one, or salt will intensify. Not that I can complain, a new Fallout is a grace from the heavens.

Yeah the game looks like complete shit right now. However

A. They are going to make it better and that's just how it looks right now

or

B. We are going to have to wait for modders to give us HQ mods

Better be the first one, or salt will intensify. Not that I can complain, a new Fallout is a grace from the heavens.

Must be great being Bethesda. So guys, we just need to release a rough skeleton of a game and let our loyal mod makers improve the game. Best of all, we don't pay them, so we save SOOO much Money!

Yeap, it's finally announced. Now just wait 6 months (?) or a year (?) for the game and 1-2 more years until modders make it good rather than just ok. I really don't see Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and now probably Fallout 4 as something else than engine for mods :P