Monthly Donation Badge Decision Thread

Disregarding all the Fuwadrama that may commence from such an inquiry, I would like to ask about the technical feasibility of using Ren's Award system for other-usergroup backers to be able to still display that fabulous, fabulous badge via using it as an award, since naturally it ain't possible to have two badges due to usergroups blah blah blah.

Ren's award system previously intended to be able to display up to 6 award icons on one's sidebar as they roamed the forums, but somehow the idea was never implemented.

For starters, award icons will be split into 2 separate categories. In order to receive awards you must have at least 10 posts or more on the forums. Please note the difference between the words contribution and participation:

• Relevant and/or important awards showcasing contribution on/or around the website - As stated, these awards will be showcased on the sidebar and on your profile page, where like the old system, you will be allowed to pick and choose from 6 of these icons (as you earn more) to showcase around the site. Everyone will be able to publicly view these awards.
  • Fun game and activity awards showcasing participation on/or around the website - These awards will not be featured on the sidebar, however you will be able to view them on your profile page. The purpose of this category is to award members of Fuwanovel who participate in fun activities. Since they aren't "needed" and don't promote any sort of contribution to the site, they are just for aesthetic purposes only

I didn't intend to come across as snarky, it's just how it is: If it's a small change that offers little value and will have me searching through tons of files to find the line(s) in question, I'd rather not do it.

Especially now that IPB4 has finally been released and I might either do the changes unnecessarily or twice after we've updated to the new version.

I already said this before but I still have the PSD file for my badge and can do any alternations you want, just tell me what to do.

I didn't go with a stroke around the text because it looked ugly and made it pop out in a not so nice way and look out of place with the rest of the badge.

Because at this time not even their stupid database converter is working properly.

... So what you're saying is that we should delete all backups and run auto-update without a preliminary test, right? Because that's what I'm hearing.

*prepares to click The Red Button*