Anime genre preference poll

GLM4475

Choose your favourite anime genre  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite anime genre? (you can choose more than one)

• Action/Adventure
    • School
    • Military/Survival
    • Slice of Life
    • Comedy
    • Romance
    • Sci-Fi
    • Mecha/Robot
    • Fantasy/Supernatural
    • Card game/Toy Game
    • Mystery
    • Thriller/Psychological
    • Music
    • Sports
    • Harem
    • Same gender/incest love
    • Murder/Horror
    • Drama/Tragedy
    • Ecchi
    • Hentai

This poll is closed to new votes

Shoujo/Shounen/Seinen are not genres, they're demographics.

And if you want to include all demographics, don't forget Josei.

Ecchi and Hentai lumped together is a bit like lumping together apples and oranges.

And you also missed some important ones like: Music, Yaoi, Yuri and Sports

Shoujo/Shounen/Seinen are not genres, they're demographics.

And if you want to include all demographics, don't forget Josei.

Ecchi and Hentai lumped together is a bit like lumping together apples and oranges.

And you also missed some important ones like: Music, Yaoi, Yuri and Sports

You have romance in there twice.

As per your requests, I've edited the list.

I wouldn't really class Psychological with horror... It's more commonly used with thrillers... And I love Psychological thrillers but not horror to be fair...

I know it. Aside from that, I alos wanted to separate between Action/Adventure and Fantasy/Supernatural, but this polling choices is limited to only 20 choices, so it's ok to joined up something close/similar, right?

I basically like anything that'll make me weep, like Angel Beats or Clannad: After Story.

Comedy on it's own is not interesting to me but a serious anime that has some good comedy in it is always good. Like Feelmetal alchemist.

Psychological/horror (although very different) are both two of my favorites so that choice is a definite. I :heart: yuri so there's that. Supernatural shit is fun too :D

I was going to choose music as well but I've never really watched or read anything primarily focused upon music, I just love music in general

I feel like utsuge and yandere (and chuunnibyou too but its bases were essentially covered) should have been included in this list but w/e

Also the question seems as though it should've been more specific. Our favorite genre of *what* exactly? I understand this was placed in anime/manga though so I'll limit it to that I suppose.

Psychological/horror (although very different) are both two of my favorites so that choice is a definite. I :heart: yuri so there's that. Supernatural shit is fun too :D

I was going to choose music as well but I've never really watched or read anything primarily focused upon music, I just love music in general

I feel like utsuge and yandere (and chuunnibyou too but its bases were essentially covered) should have been included in this list but w/e

Also the question seems as though it should've been more specific. Our favorite genre of *what* exactly? I understand this was placed in anime/manga though so I'll limit it to that I suppose.

As per your request, I've edited the list. I think yandere is included in murder category;while utsuge is basically a tearjerking drama. And sorry, no more space to add chuunibyou and it's not similar/close to any of the others.

Like Feelmetal alchemist.

Did you call the name wrong on purpose? (maybe you called it so because you got the feel from the anime?)

As per your request, I've edited the list. I think yandere is included in murder category;while utsuge is basically a tearjerking drama. And sorry, no more space to add chuunibyou and it's not similar/close to any of the others.

Did you call the name wrong on purpose? (maybe you called it so because you got the feel from the anime?)

Utsuge isn't just a tearjerking drama. It is basically the equivalent of tragedy. Nakige is a tearjerker too but it has a happy ending.

These terms only apply to visual novels though, notice the -ge suffixes.

Utsuge isn't just a tearjerking drama. It is basically the equivalent of tragedy. Nakige is a tearjerker too but it has a happy ending.

These terms only apply to visual novels though, notice the -ge suffixes.

Really, I can do nothing about this 20 choices limitation. So, would please accept them (Drama/Tragedy) to be joined up?

Action/Adventure with some romance aspects is generally what I lean towards. Sometimes I'll be inclined to add "harem" to that if the MC isn't stupid as balls (which is rare for harem MC's), but generally that's what I'll go for. There are some times I'm in the mood for strictly comedy/SoL anime, but yeah.

It's still strike me as an odd thing that no one has chosen card/toy game. I mean some card games anime like Yu-Gi-Oh!, Cardfight Vanguard and some others are quite popular, aren't they? And maybe some anime like Digimon/Pokemon could be included in this genre too? Maybe it's just because of the lacking number of people polled. And this result will surely varies with different places, ages, and occupation of the pollers.

Same gender and incest shouldn't be the same since there's a difference between yuri/yaoi love and incest love, and apparently I'm the only one that voted for it since I like both (/・ω・)/

Finally someone honestly choose this.

Yeah... not sure why those two are combined.

The reason is simple, the polling choices are limited to only 20, with both of them being different with the others and have the similarity of being thought as "forbidden love" by most people.

There just too much to talk about anime genre, because there are soo many type of show out there and each of them is good for something.

Welp, to be more specific though my favorite is a mix between action and harem. why? because they satisfied everything that I ever ask for in an anime (girls and amazing fight)

C'mon which guy doesn't enjoy a good old fashion fight? and of course who can say no to all type of girls in harem.

sure sure, it may be stereotypical but it's still something I like for a show.