Looking for good Mystery VN

Kurokusari

Well I say mystery but I have some more specific preferences;

>Preferably has crime as the main mystery

It's commonly murder, I think, so feel free to throw in stuff full of gore

>Not Umineko or Higurashi 

I don't hate it but I already have it planned. If I can't find anything else then I'll get to those two. 

>Fully translated to English

I'm one of those English-only plebs

>It's compatible with Windows 

I know there are emulators but I prefer it in PC as the original platform

>Preferably a long one 

If it's good then the longer the better, yes?

TL;DR: Give me something like Kara no Shoujo and Cartagra

These are only preferences so feel free to suggest that doesn't fit in an item or two in the list. As long as it's good mystery then I'm all good. The current ones I plan to read next are Danganronpa 2 (sadly, I already watched the anime of the first one) and Umineko. 

Come to think of it Umineko fits the bill perfectly

Edit:

>Don't give me a wimpy MC. Forgot this important part.

Edit 2:

Here's my VNDB list: https://vndb.org/u54140/list

Don't mind my ratings. I have a weird way of rating stuff in my head (although mostly intuitive)

You've read the only good translated mystery VN- Kara no Shoujo.

Cartagra is acceptable, I guess.

Nothing left that can be called ok. 

Some people may try to convince you to play dangan ronpa and others- not worth it. Trust me. 

I'd take a look into other genres. 

If you're into Sci-fi + Mystery as well as not minding any Japanese voices (the texts are in English), I would recommend YU-NO: The girl that chants love at the edge of the world . I can PM it to you if you want to give it a go.

It involves multi-verses and it's a classic gem from the 1996 (the art-style is classic anime) with chip-tune like songs (probably not chip-tune but rather similar) which sound very good. It's a must play, actually more of a gift of a lifetime for those who love the concept of time travel or notions about scientific theories and other similar concepts. It's that kind of fictional work that got me into creating an account on here.

The game is very well longer than 80+ Hours too, so it's considered longer than the average VN's and it has a good balance of humour (sometimes exaggerated and includes sexual innuendos) and seriousness. The voice acting is very good to the point where it doesn't feel scripted at all (the protagonist is also voiced by the same person who voiced Adult Link in Ocarina of Time). The game-play style (aside the game's prologue where it's a kinetic story that doesn't involve any gameplay) is a point and click adventure.

The general outline of the story is about Takuya, an overactive student whose father disappeared a month ago. Takuya soon discovers the possibilities of parallel universes and it's up to the player to take his role to travel between the different parallel worlds and hopefully find his father alive. The plot raises a lot of questions that do eventually get answered, which is where the Mystery genre comes into play. That Visual Novel is definitely a maximum recommendation of mine, but I can't promise you'll like it if you're not into anything I've just mentioned above such as scientific aspects in games.

If you're into Sci-fi + Mystery as well as not minding any Japanese voices (the texts are in English), I would recommend YU-NO: The girl that chants love at the edge of the world . I can PM it to you if you want to give it a go.

It involves multi-verses and it's a classic gem from the 1996 (the art-style is classic anime) with chip-tune like songs (probably not chip-tune but rather similar) music which sound very good. It's a must play, actually more of a gift of a lifetime for those who love the concept of time travel or notions about scientific theories and other similar concepts. It's that kind of fictional work that got me into creating an account on here.

The game is very well longer than 80+ Hours too, so it's considered longer than the average VN's and it has a good balance of humour (sometimes exaggerated and includes sexual innuendos) and seriousness. The voice acting is very good to the point where it doesn't feel scripted at all (the protagonist is also voiced by the same person who voiced Adult Link in Ocarina of Time). The game-play style (aside the game's prologue where it's a kinetic story that doesn't involve any gameplay) is a point and click adventure.

The general outline of the story is about Takuya, an overactive student whose father disappeared a month ago. Takuya soon discovers the possibilities of parallel universes and it's up to the player to take his role to travel between the different parallel worlds and hopefully find his father alive. The plot raises a lot of questions that do eventually get answered, which is where the Mystery genre comes into play. That Visual Novel is definitely a maximum recommendation of mine, but I can't promise you'll like it if you're not into anything I've just mentioned above such as scientific aspects in games.

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about this VN but I also heard there was some sort of strange difficulty in the game. I don't hate sci-fi (woot Steins;Gate) so I'll probably give this one a go. That said, I'm not really a fan of sci-fi so I might get lost in the concepts. Nevertheless, I'll still go for this. I've heard too much good things about this game so I guess this'll be the final push.

Although I might not be able to burn my time on this for now. 80+ hours is a really good amount of time so I'll think about when I'll be able to read this one. Thank you very much for this one! I have high expectations on this due to the massive amount of praise it has so I hope I won't be disappointed on this.

On another note, I heard there'll be a remake on it that'll be released this year. It says that they will have some similar staff involved. 

Chain: The Lost Footprints fits pretty well into your request. There isn't much else other than this.

Uhh is it any good? A 6.57 score on VNDB should mean something pretty bad. 

yea yuno is a must play, use the walkthrough

The game is not hard enough to seek a walkthrough in my opinion, the map system is a useful guiding tool for that. I admit I did look at it once when I had a bit of difficulty knowing how to get into one of the routes though.