Wow, this site has changed...

DatYandereGirl

Man, I really love/hate the new changes to this site. I never really was on the forums because I got creepers adding me on Skype from here until I removed it entirely. Alas, that is not my complaint or feedback!

But beyond that, I'm sorta sad to see the "borrowing" has stopped, and this has just became a 'fan translation project' community. I'm not gonna complain, because it is Tay's choice to do whatever he/she wants. I will respect the change and get used to it. I was just taken back seeing no downloads.

Anyway, my issues are..

- It's hard to trust any other VN sites for "borrowing" purposes. Fuwanovel when it had the borrowing option was my first go to site a year or so ago. :( Same as with borrowing sites that won't be named for reasons due to the rule change.

- I noticed the malware/virus post, and agree with you. I think Fuwanovel should make accounts on all 'borrowing' sites and list it in a FAQ so we know who to trust....IF whoever uploads anything to those sites. ;-;

Guess this is it!

Oh gawd, a '13er. *Bows down gracefully*

Yeah, the removal of torrents was a miiiighty big change for Fuwa indeed. Tay's got a whole list of things he plans to do / is doing right now though as compensation~

~~

Interestingly enough, one of new rules for the forums is 'no linking or mentioning sites that provide torrents / illegal downloads' soo idk if we can create such a blacklist of sites, but in general we've been telling people to avoid ALL downloads that include the [Fuwanovel] and pre-patch :nervous:

Tay's a he btw :D.

How are you getting creeper skype invites? I've had my skype info out since I made my account Jan 2014, and I never got a single random add.

Lemme guess... it's that gender....

you should go switch that to Male or Not Telling, if you don't want to get harassed.

How? I had it added back then on my profile. xD It's changed a lot since I removed it. I think I only have one or two people from here... I think. I just did the switcharoo!

Oh gawd, a '13er. *Bows down gracefully*

Yeah, the removal of torrents was a miiiighty big change for Fuwa indeed. Tay's got a whole list of things he plans to do / is doing right now though as compensation~

~~

Interestingly enough, one of new rules for the forums is 'no linking or mentioning sites that provide torrents / illegal downloads' soo idk if we can create such a blacklist of sites, but in general we've been telling people to avoid all downloads that include the [Fuwanovel] and pre-patch :nervous:

Tay's a he btw :D.

I'd rather not assume people's gender as I believe 'Tay' could also be a girl nickname/name. xD Anyway, yeah, it was a big change. I'm not gonna vent and complain, though. I can find what I need with a search online to 'borrow' VNs.  I actually still would not mind a proper change to just say 'hey, here's our borrowing site names!' even if it doesn't upload borrowing content.

I read that rule, and I will refrain from mentioning any direct names, but everyone knows the top sites for it anyway! :P

Also, thanks for the responses.

All torrents from Fuwanovel were effectively removed and any torrents with the word Fuwanovel on them indexed on any websites are not endorsed by us.

This is basically the rule of thumb you should follow from now on.

Ah, okay. I actually DID not know that. I...happened to find one but my PC didn't ring any alarm bells. I guess I'll know to borrow responsibly from now on. :)

Edited by DatYandereGirl

How? I had it added back then on my profile. xD It's changed a lot since I removed it. I think I only have one or two people from here... I think. I just did the switcharoo!

I'd rather not assume people's gender as I believe 'Tay' could also be a girl nickname/name. xD Anyway, yeah, it was a big change. I'm not gonna vent and complain, though. I can find what I need with a search online to 'borrow' VNs.  I actually still would not mind a proper change to just say 'hey, here's our borrowing site names!' even if it doesn't upload borrowing content.

I read that rule, and I will refrain from mentioning any direct names, but everyone knows the top sites for it anyway! :P

Also, thanks for the responses.

Tay is a girl. Can confirm. I have pics

"How?" as in, how did you even get one or two. It's in relation to what I said about not having anyone add me even when I have it showing on my profile too. So I was a bit mind-boggled

Then I answered myself afterwards lol. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason you got them :P

"How?" as in, how did you even get one or two. It's in relation to what I said about not having anyone add me even when I have it showing on my profile too. So I was a bit mind-boggled

Then I answered myself afterwards lol. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason you got them :P

At one point I had my Skype username added here a year or so ago. 

Well, as we're no doubt aware the internet is comprised entirely of romantically inept beings - if it goes to creeper status they've probably gone too far or have no idea what they're doing.  Usually both.

Anyway, welcome back!  We hope you enjoy your stay.

Old fuwa was a dangerous place of spam and madness. I am surprise to hear that your skype get creeper problem at one point from this site. Strange I had my gender set to female(IS a male) and no random add expect for people from fsg. Yeah sadly the internet have creepers problem sometimes

It was basically the same as it is now.  Except the resident celebrity in charge was Aaeru rather than Tay, piracy flourished, and Fuwanovel was regarded as the worst place on Earth (by outsiders).  Also it didn't have community blogs, which made it objectively inferior.

Yeeeah, it was kind of meh back then. I disregarded the forum entirely back then due to the creepers adding me to Skype. I thought they were legit people who wanted to be friends. ;-;

I actually think the issue was some of the mods and users too as well.

There was also more chatter, less discussion (less people,) and there was that thread in GD which housed paragraphs of anti-copyright material Aaeru found on the internet. More lolis. More moe. No OELVNs. No development going on on the forums. No Ren and his entertaining games and podcasts.

It was pretty boring imo.

Hoh.. I used to say 'I wish I was around during the Aaeru era' but I guess it's better that I wasn't? :P

Naah, you really didn't miss much since it drove me away and prolly others who didn't speak up either.

There was also more chatter, less discussion (less people,) and there was that thread in GD which housed paragraphs of anti-copyright material Aaeru found on the internet. More lolis. More moe. No OELVNs. No development going on on the forums. No Ren and his entertaining games and podcasts.

It was pretty boring imo.

I must have ignored or not remember that thread then. Holy balls, time flew by. Hah.

Hoh.. I used to say 'I wish I was around during the Aaeru era' but I guess it's better that I wasn't? :P

It had its ups and downs (as it does now), so don't be persuaded too much by the doom and gloom you're hearing.

Aaeru was/is an exceptionally nice person and she was pretty remarkable in her own right. Even though we don't see eye to eye on piracy, for example, I admired her vision of a friendly VN community built on respect. Back in those days it was (rightly) called "revolutionary", as it stood in pretty stark contrast to the other VN communities.

Most of my memories of her are very positive. Piracy and her departure were very difficult and taken as a whole, bad for the site, but don't confuse that with Aaeru herself. There's a lot to respect, there. : )

It had its ups and downs (as it does now), so don't be persuaded too much by the doom and gloom you're hearing.

Aaeru was/is an exceptionally nice person and she was pretty remarkable in her own right. Even though we don't see eye to eye on piracy, for example, I admired her vision of a friendly VN community built on respect. Back in those days it was (rightly) called "revolutionary", as it stood in pretty stark contrast to the other VN communities.

Most of my memories of her are very positive. Piracy and her departure were very difficult and taken as a whole, bad for the site, but don't confuse that with Aaeru herself. There's a lot to respect, there. : )

Aaeru was a very sincere person who believed passionately in her ideals.  Too passionately, I think, and she ended up alienating a lot of people because of it.  In the end she fell victim to paranoia as she was so used to being used as a pincushion that she couldn't trust anymore.  I enjoyed my arguments with her until the paranoia set in and soured our relations.