VN reading club - June 2015 (Yume Miru Kusuri)

Kurisu-Chan

So, is this thread open for discussion now? I've read YMK all the way to the end.

Yes, it is open. But please keep in mind not everyone has read it before (some may not be very far in or may not have even started) so if you are going to post something please use the Spoiler tag 

Then, I'll just tell the impression I got from this VN, I really couldn't put a  right word for this VN, Aeka's route is so unbelievable, thank God it's only a story, Mizuki's route is *#(@&%&$%@, thank God I'm not the protagonist, and Nekoko's route the one I like most. And Nekoko is actually her? A nice twist.

One thing I didn't like about Aeka's route was that it was too unrealistic.

No reasonable teacher would actually let that happen in school grounds every single day, it was a bit farfetched for me seeing all that crazy stuff unfold in the classroom or on the rooftop without any consequences.

But disregarding context, I still liked the way they portrayed bullying as a theme and it was nice seeing Aeka and the protag getting together and help one another.

I rather enjoyed YMK it was the first vn I played after Ever 17 and Dragonia and (possibly lightning warrior raidy?) and is probably the visual novel that convinced me to stick with the medium. I enjoyed the stories even if re-reading it I see a ton of flaws but the character and overall themes of each route were great back when I first read it (when it first released?) and while it has aged quite a bit and I've read better vns since it I have to say it still manages to hold up well enough. 

Nosebleed,sorry,but if you say that her route not realistic you may lived a pretty decent school life)I just can say,that in my old class there's similiar situation with one of the girls,and i have seeing forward in aeka route with anticipation-did the things really got turned out like i foreseen in reality?Or guys who make this game is still air-headed and just try to make some money out of theme of bulliyng.Maybe thats why this route left a strong emotions in me,just for reference-game is turned out EXACTLY like reality,with some details attached or miising.Of course,you can simply not believe any of my words,well,its dosnt chage the fact that only Aeka route have any impact for me.\

P.S.WTF,Its really hard hard to believe as I readed my message,but what can I say about this?*AEKA ROUTE SPOILERS AHEAD*

Girl what I know isnt bullied with electroshockers like Aeka did,simply because its unavaliable in our country as legal asset of protection,and of course pranks were not that heavy like you seen in VN,BUT preservation from most brutal jokes is  not connected with teachers,its just we ourselves as schoolers dont let some of them happened(teachers of that sort is really existing,they gonna play dumb till the end)

This is why I hate vns that are not linear, you help a girl but what about the others... :(

btw bullying is real(just as the novel puts it or even more)

the Aeka's ending was a bit over the top but still, but some teachers are worst than the one in the vn, I experience many of them in my life

Nosebleed,sorry,but if you say that her route not realistic you may lived a pretty decent school life)I just can say,that in my old class there's similiar situation with one of the girls,and i have seeing forward in aeka route with anticipation-did the things really got turned out like i foreseen in reality?Or guys who make this game is still air-headed and just try to make some money out of theme of bulliyng.Maybe thats why this route left a strong emotions in me,just for reference-game is turned out EXACTLY like reality,with some details attached or miising.Of course,you can simply not believe any of my words,well,its dosnt chage the fact that only Aeka route have any impact for me.\

P.S.WTF,Its really hard hard to believe as I readed my message,but what can I say about this?*AEKA ROUTE SPOILERS AHEAD*

Girl what I know isnt bullied with electroshockers like Aeka did,simply because its unavaliable in our country as legal asset of protection,and of course pranks were not that heavy like you seen in VN,BUT preservation from most brutal jokes is  not connected with teachers,its just we ourselves as schoolers dont let some of them happened(teachers of that sort is really existing,they gonna play dumb till the end)

As uncomfortable as those scenes with his sister can be, they are significant. During that time when Kouhei is subconsciously expressing interest in incest, it is due to a confusion of identity on his part. Every culture has incest taboos, (although incest is defined slightly differently from culture to culture). The reason for this is because incest taboos make it very clear that family relationships are different from any other type of relationship. You're blood related family is culturally defined as those who you deeply love but don't have sex with. The problem is that for the longest time in the story, Kouhei doesn't feel like he is part of the family emotionally, and he knows he isn't part of the family by blood. Furthermore, he craves for something to destroy his monotonous life style. During those awkward scenes with Aya, he is subconsciously screaming that he feels alienated and frustrated at not being able to express himself due to his identity as an upstanding 'honor student'. You will also notice that as you get more involved with one of the heroines, those weird scenes with Aya stop. This is because Kouhei has found a different way to break his boring everyday cycle.

yeah I understand that, everything you described is the "train" he is imagining, but my complain was that they show her naked a lot of time without any reason (just for the sake of showing an underage girl naked without saying she is, for example when she is with her friends they dont show them, why? because you can figure it out her age that way (if your friends look like her then she is underage and not just a girl that looks really really young), in fact she doesnt go to the same school as you for no real reason either.... and they dont say her age not once on purpose, so you can't figure out anything about her except for the joke that she is "20"

Edit: some awful orthographic errors

Edited by Deep Blue