Why is Muv-Luv Alternative rated higher than original?

Kendjin

So I have yet to finish MLA and it has been quite some years since I played the others in the series. But I have to wonder why this is rated higher, it seems to feature less routes.

Is it because the story is really good and relates back to other games, is it rated higher on story and less "choices"?

A mix of both I guess.

By the way, have you gotten to chomp (to quote the Muv-Luv wiki, that page is spoiler free) yet? You might be able to see why when you get to that point.

Alternative interacts with Unlimited and Extra in very interesting ways, it could be seen as the accumulation of the previous 2

The feeling of finishing Alternative is kinda like watching the last episode of the last season of a long running anime.

But hey, there is always Altered Fable.

A mix of both I guess.

By the way, have you gotten to chomp (to quote the Muv-Luv wiki, that page is spoiler free) yet? You might be able to see why when you get to that point.

Alternative interacts with Unlimited and Extra in very interesting ways, it could be seen as the accumulation of the previous 2

The feeling of finishing Alternative is kinda like watching the last episode of the last season of a long running anime.

But hey, there is always Altered Fable.

I have not I don't think.. think I am in about chapter 5 or so. I do feel like this is as you say the final episode in a running series. Its definately not a happy happy game. I think Extra and Unlimited are sort of dating orientated, this is much more of a serious VN.

I had intended on trying to get through it in one playthrough, but having already clocked about 6-7 hours, I can't see that happening when I am potientially only 50% through.

I have to admit though, I wasn't expecting H-scenes or anything, but nothing about it feels like any happiness, I get why, Its all just a bit dark.

Without spoiling, is the tag of romance really valid on fuwanovel for this game?

MLE/MLU for me are just "back story" of MLA, they introduce characters and setting, and create some interesting stuff to be explored in MLA, but on their own they are mediocre games. Its the whole trio together which makes the series shine, and everything in MLA (story, graphics, char development) is MUCH better than in first two parts.

I have not I don't think.. think I am in about chapter 5 or so. I do feel like this is as you say the final episode in a running series. Its definately not a happy happy game. I think Extra and Unlimited are sort of dating orientated, this is much more of a serious VN.

I had intended on trying to get through it in one playthrough, but having already clocked about 6-7 hours, I can't see that happening when I am potientially only 50% through.

I have to admit though, I wasn't expecting H-scenes or anything, but nothing about it feels like any happiness, I get why, Its all just a bit dark.

Without spoiling, is the tag of romance really valid on fuwanovel for this game?

Alternative is around 50 hours.

Yes, romance is a valid tag. :(

Alternative is around 50 hours.

Yes, romance is a valid tag. :(/>

Heh yeah coming to see that its quite long, which I'm really glad of, enjoying it. After thinking about it, I guess the story does have points of romance, even it isn't the main focus, so I'd like to retract the statement about the romance tag. (Yes, I am aware of what his current end goal is, which you could say have romantic focus)

Decided to go and replay Extra and Ultimate again, then continue with Alternative.

Heh yeah coming to see that its quite long, which I'm really glad of, enjoying it. After thinking about it, I guess the story does have points of romance, even it isn't the main focus, so I'd like to retract the statement about the romance tag. (Yes, I am aware of what his current end goal is, which you could say have romantic focus)

Decided to go and replay Extra and Ultimate again, then continue with Alternative.

Minor spoiler:

It will become the main focus.

I finished MLA a couple weeks ago, and I understand how you feel.

I'm definitely sure that MLA is better than the other two games. Regardless of which one I prefer, MLA is clearly awesome, the plot is amazing, though I had a hard time finishing it, it looks like it took me several months to finish it xD

I personally don't think the mecha has anything to do with it (at least that's not why I like it so much).

The story is more interesting, the stakes are higher, the cast is better. It has some really nice themes (Which i thought Muv-Luv missed). It has a great soundtrack and production values.

I personally don't think the mecha has anything to do with it (at least that's not why I like it so much).

The story is more interesting, the stakes are higher, the cast is better. It has some really nice themes (Which i thought Muv-Luv missed). It has a great soundtrack and production values.

Guys like mecha, at least most or many of the guys. I myself is not a fan of mecha which is actually the reason I can't start on this -.-

You should try anyway. I had never liked something with mecha before Alternative but I ended up absolutely loving it (and also enjoying the mecha quite a bit which I didn't expect to do, mainly because they're presented as war machines and not super robots, making them feel pretty realistic).

You should try anyway. I had never liked something with mecha before Alternative but I ended up absolutely loving it (and also enjoying the mecha quite a bit which I didn't expect to do, mainly because they're presented as war machines and not super robots, making them feel pretty realistic).

I'm at about Chapter 5. I have to say, there's been about 2 mins of mecha so far and those were flashbacks.

Yes ma'am :D

I'll do it after Dra+koi, since Dra+koi is shorter.