Top Ten Favorite anime

Clephas

Oh, boy. I don’t really watch anime so my unrefined taste and uncultured palate will be showing here. :lol:

1. Cowboy Bebop – I love everything about this show. I could dote on every episode. One of the few anime I can rewatch. My favorite anime and one I don’t see ever be usurped.
  2. Baccano – Lots of style, lots of fun.
  3. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex – Beautiful looking and interesting. Love cyberpunk settings.
  4. FLCL – Simply saw this at the right time. Something about it just clicks with an adolescent mind. It’s all about growing up.
  5. Akira – Not only is it a good movie, but the entire technical process behind it is so interesting.
  6. Planetes – Really cool premise. Enjoyed it a lot.
  7. Spice and Wolf – Just recently actually watched the whole series. As a business student it really tickled my fancy.
  8. Fate/Zero – I’ve only played the VN and watched Fate/Zero, but just between the those two I feel comfortable in saying that it has some of the most tremendous world building I’ve seen. Plus, the whole concept is just cool.
  9. Neon Genesis Evangelion – Another one that clicked with me when I was younger.
  10. Read or Die: the series – I honestly don’t know why this came to mind. I guess murdering people with paper just captures my attention

Oh, boy. I don’t really watch anime so my unrefined taste and uncultured palate will be showing here. :lol:

I wish more people would have unrefined tastes and uncultured palate then. Your list has some masterpieces in it, and there's not a single anime I dislike in it (though I haven't watched ROD).

I wish more people would have unrefined tastes and uncultured palate then. Your list has some masterpieces in it, and there's not a single anime I dislike in it (though I haven't watched ROD).

I didn't mean to downplay the quality of any of the series I listed, just wanted to highlight that I haven't seen much beyond what you might consider staples and the big-name series of the medium.

I didn't mean to downplay the quality of any of the series I listed, just wanted to highlight that I haven't seen much beyond what you might consider staples and the big-name series of the medium.

The anime you listed was filled with great stuff. The only one I might disagree with you on is Fate/Zero, but hey, life would be boring if everyone had the same opinions. Anyway, I know what your saying. While an impressive list for a self proclaimed newbie, I know there are plenty of anime that could conceivably get you to challenge your list when you finally watch them. 

1. Anohana - Nothing tops this for me. and i think everyone knows why.
  2. Another - I am not a fan of the horror genre but somehow ended watching this. never knew it was this good. And since i'm not used to horror, some episodes literally shocked the heck out of me.. and some silent parts made me wanna pause the video cause i think something creepy is gonna pop out sooner
  3. Toradora - a classic one but its nevertheless one of the greatest.
  4. Kokoro Connect – The drama, betrayals and friendship is all about this one.

Although i wish it ended with Iori from the bottom of my heart. She deserves Taichi more

5. Hyouka – ooooh yeah a mystery anime! Since i'm a fan of Detective Conan, this easily became one of my favourites. Hoping for a season 2 since i want some romance for it 
  6. Love Lab – at first i was just gonna check this out because i have nothing to do... never knew i would like it this much. Every episode made me laugh. You will not regret watching this.
  7. Chuunibyou – at times i think i was once thinking like Rikka.... only with a wooden twig tho
  8. Sakurasou – made me teary on the last parts. was fun to watch
  9. Kamisama no Memochou – oh oh ohhhhh i want more. The ending makes me want more!! ...and some romance please.
  10. K-on! – as a guitar player myself i was sometimes imitating the guitar riffs when they play songs lol. 

I do believe it is time to revise the list that I made when I first stated posting here.

1. Angel Beats! - Staying despite batman's protest the first time around
2. Toradora!
3. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
4. Mirai Nikki
5. Girls und Panzer
6. Clannad
7. Mayo Chiki!
8. Elfen Lied
9. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
10. Spice and Wolf 

Again, this is in no particular order.

1. Madoka Magica

2. Madoka Magica (it's seriously that important to me)

3. Monster

4. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

5. Katanagatari

6. Haibane Renmei

7. Tari Tari

8. GaoGaiGar

9. Death Note

10. Neon Genesis Evangelion

I do like Kanon 2006 a lot but it just didn't capture my adoration like the VN did.

1. Madoka Magica

2. Madoka Magica (it's seriously that important to me)

3. Monster

4. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

5. Katanagatari

6. Haibane Renmei

7. Tari Tari

8. GaoGaiGar

9. Death Note

10. Neon Genesis Evangelion

I do like Kanon 2006 a lot but it just didn't capture my adoration like the VN did.

Needs moar Shaft

Well I thought I would post my Top 10 in my opinion.

1: Eureka 7

2:Eureka 7 Ao

3: Gundam seed/destiny

4: Kakumeiki Valvrave

5: Genshiken Series

6: Code Geass R1/R2

7: GoSick

8: SwordArt Online

9: Fate Series

10: Stein's;Gate.

Well I just skimmed through my list and that's what I thought was my top 10.

1. Azumanga Daioh

2. Mobile Suit Gundam

3. Akira

4. Voices of a Distant Star

5. Elfen Lied

6. Baccano!

7. Neon Genesis Evangelion

8. Perfect Blue

9. FLCL

10. Aku No Hana

I'm not terribly up to date with Anime to be honest, I'm very bad a sitting down and watching a long series, I usually get bored before I can finish them.

i having a hard time making a list (i have forgotten most good animes) so i won't make one but anything makoto shinkai is super good

I should seriously sort out my MAL and actually make a top 10, because I can't even remember a few from a few years ago.

i am having a hard time remebering animes from some months ago...

I got so many favorites that I'm having a hard time choosing ten. But if I had to say 10 titles, they'd have to be:

Bakemonogatari

Black Lagoon

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Hataraku Maou-sama!

Kokoro Connect

Mawaru Penguindrum

Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Phantom ~ Requiem for the Phantom ~

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

lol dat barrage of newer shows. 

I got so many favorites that I'm having a hard time choosing ten. But if I had to say 10 titles, they'd have to be:

Bakemonogatari

Black Lagoon

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Hataraku Maou-sama!

Kokoro Connect

Mawaru Penguindrum

Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Phantom ~ Requiem for the Phantom ~

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

lol dat barrage of newer shows. 

I like you.

I watched a lot of anime in the past year, so I think my top 10 has changed enough to warrant a new one.

1. Monster

2. Nichijou

3. Clannad (including After Story)

4. Chihayafuru

5. Hanasaku Iroha

6. K-On!
7. Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S
8. Kanon (2006)
9. Monogatari Series : Season 2
10. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Honorable mention to Steins;Gate, which was on the list before and I still wanted to include, but couldn't decide what to bump.

Edited by Forythos

• 4 weeks later...

1. Sailor Moon (mainly for nostalgia's sake; it was my favourite show as a kid and my first anime)

2. Shingeki no Kyojin 

3. Code Geass

4. Death Note

5. Hanasakeru Seishounen

6. Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi

7. Junjou Romantica

8. Sword Art Online

9. Kaichou wa Maid Sama

10. Ouran High School Host Club 

Yeah.. I stopped watching anime for like 2 years, and then shingeki no kyojin brought me back LOL But I absolutely love it and it brought me back to anime again :D

Ugh. Top 10s are hard for me; so many greats get excluded no matter what the theme is. But here are mine, in no particular order:

Sword Art Online

Angel Beats

Clannad

Stein's;Gate

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

Baccano

Black Lagoon

Code Geass

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Zetsuen no Tempest

Over 200 favs left out... *sob*

1. Kokoro Connect

2. Sword Art Online

3. The World God Only Knows

4. Angel Beats!

5. Canaan

6. Toradora!

7. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

8. Servant X Service

9. School Rumble

10. Full Metal Panic! (The entire series, including Fumouffu!)

Another, Infinite Stratos, and Elfen Lied were all very close to making the cut to my list.

Since a lot of great series have already been brought up, i'll list some that haven't been brought up as much.

My list in no order at all:

1. sayonara zetsubou sensei

2. nodame cantabile

3. great teacher onizuka

4. excel saga

5. kino's journey

6. his and her circumstances

7. gankutsuou the count of monte cristo

8. irresponsible captain tylor

9. last exile

10. paranoia agent

Can't really decide on order so I'll just put my list here

• HunterXHunter(2011)
  • Code Geass
  • Detective Conan
  • Ghost Fighter
  • Inu Yasha
  • Kino no Tabi
  • Full Metal Alchemist
  • Break Blade
  • Toradora
  • Darker than Black

with that said... there's still have other I would like to include if only its a top 25 list...

1. Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood

2. Steins;Gate

3. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shirana (Anohana for short lol)

4. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru (Yahari for short lol)

5. Toradora

6. Hyouka

7. Kokoro Connect

8. Yuru Yuri (both seasons)

9. Mawaru Penguindrum

10. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou