Top Ten Favorite anime

Clephas

I was bored, so I decided to bring up one of the most cliched forum topics for anime fans everywhere... what is your top ten list of anime?

1. Kara no Kyoukai

2. Code Geass (whole series)

3. Legend of the Galactic Heroes

4. Legend of the Legendary Heroes

5. Claymore

6. Shakugan no Shana (all three seasons)

7. Fate/Zero

8. Noir

9. Juuni Kokki

10. Ai Yori Aoshi

I was bored, so I decided to bring up one of the most cliched forum topics for anime fans everywhere... what is your top ten list of anime?

1. Kara no Kyoukai

2. Code Geass (whole series)

3. Legend of the Galactic Heroes

4. Legend of the Legendary Heroes

5. Claymore

6. Shakugan no Shana (all three seasons)

7. Fate/Zero

8. Noir

9. Juuni Kokki

10. Ai Yori Aoshi

1. Clannad

2-10. (Not yet decided) T_T

Lol personal opinion personal opinion. I liked Shana 4 years ago but I suppose standards change, I watched the 3rd season this year and honestly it was just ok.. too much kiddy drama. XD Seemed like a very typical shounen anime.

Can't really say I have a top 10, so I'll just put 10 anime I liked most from what I can remember. (Assuming I'd still like them even now if I were to watch them again)

Angel Beats!

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Clannad

Code Geass

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Death Note

Full Metal Panic!

Ga-Rei: Zero

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (Only watched first season)

Mobile Suit Gundam 00

uhm.. uwaaa I feel bad for not including some others! Ah well here it goes then.. ww

Kanon

Rozen Maiden

Steins;Gate

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

Macross Frontier

Hmm.. this should do, I suppose, now what if I still tried to put them into a top 10?

... I CAN'T DO IT. They all are "good" in some way because of different reasons lol.

Okey, my list is of epic animes. I highly reccommend them, that being said. Many of them start of slow^^ Haven't you watched many of these, you haven't watched much (good) anime.

Code geass

Full metal alchemist: brotherhood.

Angel beats

Death note

Hellsing

Cowboy Bebop

Gungrave

Darker than black

Berserk

Mirai nikki

Some other fun ones.

Gosick (Yes I find it fun...)

KO-N

Lucky star

Daily Lives of High School Boys

Mostly older things that most newer fans don't even know about :( with some newer stuff mixed in.

1. Urusei Yatsura (Rumiko Takahashi's best work)

2. Mobile Police Patlabor (Robot pilot police department)

3. Space Adventure Cobra (A more badass James Bond in space)

4. Genshiken

5. Otaku no Video

6. Hidamari Sketch

7. Nanoha A's

8. Working!

9. Detroit Metal City

10. Seitokai Yakuindomo

11. The Dirty Pair

Out of the 200 anime I've watched, only 4 have made it to where I can say that they're anime I really like, interest me, or make me really think. My list/profile on MAL reflects this. Two of which were aired pretty recently... Most of my anime do not come from beyond 2006 unfortunately. I'm still a fairly young watcher.

Here they are (not in any particular order):

1. Clannad: The standard dem feels/I cried to this anime. The theme of family is too strong in this one. Not to mention the "hoops" (haha) Tomoya had to go through to get to where he is...

2. Haruhi Series (Especially the movie): While not particularly deep, I find the characters and their interactions fairly interesting. Kyon's monologues are always a delight to hear. The music, art, and animation are great as usual. It's odd to say that Haruhi was the anime that made me realize that I am but 1 out of billions of people. This would be my second Kyoto Animation anime, after Lucky Star. Needless to say, the movie only enhances my feelings about the series as a whole.

3. Hyouka: Typical Kyoto Animation. Good art, good animation, good music, good adaptation of a written work (as far as I can tell). It fully explains a mystery quite well and the presentation is wonderful(great work by a director who doesn't have any prior experience from looking at his list). Not only that, the character interaction and the motivation behind each mystery/"crime" committed is always interesting to see and discover. The characters, Oreki, Chitanda, Mayaka, and Satoshi are always going someplace in their development due to the mysteries that makes it really interesting. It's a darn shame that it ended.

4. Kokoro Connect: I don't care if the drama is forced or not, but it absolutely meshes well with the characters. The characters may have some extreme personality/personal issues, but not to the point where they can be considered unrealistic. The dialogue, interaction, comedy, psychology and philosophy of some of the characters, and even some of the camera work manage to make each episode interesting.

I also really really like these anime:

Time of Eve(Movie), Steins;Gate, and Mawaru Penguindrum.

Gee, like 3 of them have been animated by Kyoto Animation and the 4th was worked on by a few Kyoto Animation staff.

1. Air

I adore the anime adaptation of Air. The animation is beautiful, the music is lovely, and of course the story is a real heartstring-puller.

2-10 in no particular order:

Highschool of the Dead

Chobits

Death Note

Welcome to the NHK!

School Days

Digimon Tamers (shut up!!)

Angel Beats!

Kanon

Ouran High School Host Club

It's a bit of a mix of genres, but in general I tend towards darker series, or those with strong, emotional drama (not annoying highschool drama).

1. Air

I adore the anime adaptation of Air. The animation is beautiful, the music is lovely, and of course the story is a real heartstring-puller.

Angel Beats! << not by KyoAni :(

Kanon

TheWingless screams like the Kyoto Animation/Key/Jun Maeda fanboy he is.

I mean, it's expected. the only problem I have with it is that the blu rays aren't really 720p.

Have you not watched Clannad or do you not feel it's up to par with Angel Beats! and Air?

TheWingless screams like the Kyoto Animation/Key/Jun Maeda fanboy he is.

I mean, it's expected. the only problem I have with it is that the blu rays aren't really 720p.

Have you not watched Clannad or do you not feel it's up to par with Angel Beats! and Air?

^___^

I actually gave up on Clannad half-way through, for some reason it just didn't grab me like the others. But I'm thinking I should definitely give it another go, maybe I was just in a bad mood or something..

Hmm... I don't have a top 10, but I do have a top n that I add to sometimes. It's n because the number of ranks in it is variable, and some of them are shared by more than one anime in particular.

Anyway, let's see.

1 Steins;Gate

2 Bakemonogatari

2 Nisemonogatari

4 Puella Magi Madoka Magica

5 Fate/zero

5 Ben-To

7 Nichijou

8 Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

9 Usagi Drop

That's pretty much it. Honorable mention goes to Angel Beats, Baccano and Haruhi.

This is going to be difficult to decide and my list will most likely change over the coming months and years but here it goes.

1. FMA: Brotherhood

2. FLCL

3. Neon Genesis Evangelion

4. Baccano

5. K-ON

6. Ergo Proxy

7. Bakemonogatari

8. Panty And Stocking With Garterbelt

9. Hellsing Ultimate

10. Higurashi/Umineko series.

• 3 weeks later...

My list would be:

1. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (I can strongly recommend this anime)

2. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R1

3. Steins gate

4. Clannad after story

5. Angel beats

5. Air

6. Nichijou

7. Clannad

8. Kanon

9. Infinite stratos

10. Haruhi suzumiya series/movie

Here is my anime list account if you wanted to see, http://myanimelist.net/profile/holken

this is really hard, so I will give this out. This is not necessarily the top 10, more like the 10 anime I like pretty much equally...

Fate/Zero

Code Geass (both seasons and the new movie)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Kara no Kyoukai(all the movies)

Hyouka

Gundam (pretty much all of them)

Full Metal Panic!

Angel Beats!

Macross series (again I love all of them~)

Nichijou

In the end, if you put all the gundam and macross, it passed way more than 10 I think...

• 3 weeks later...

Man, Ive been an Anime fan for 20 years. Top 10? hmm

This is just a few I like, if its the top 10 well thats argueable.

1. Clannad

2. Lucky Star

3. Cowboy Bebop

4. Berserk

5. Hellsing

6. Elfin Lied

7. Death Note'

8. Kanon/Air

9. Black Lagoon

10. Mushi-shi

Some more anime Ive enjoyed:

1. Toradora!

2. Azumanga Daioh

3. AKB0048. Sanota is the the Cutetst!!!

4. Bamboo Blade

5. Persona 4

6. Dance in The Vampire Bund

7. Da Capo ( All anime)

8. Dog Days

I could go on for a couple hours im sure. This season is really good as well. Ill stop here.

Anime rules!!!

I need an anime counselor/advisor. I've watched, like, 3 shows and know not where to go. Here's the complete list:

Top 10:

1. Fate Zero
  2. Sword Art Online
  3. Kokoro Connect
  4. Myself;Yourself
  5. Another
  6. Pokemon!!
  7. ...
  8. ...
  9. ...
  10. ...

Oh Tay, I can recommend soooo many great anime.

You want recommendations? Ive been gripped by the "dark side" (aka anime) for probably longer then youve been alive.

You want recommendations? Ive been gripped by the "dark side" (aka anime) for probably longer then youve been alive.

I'll take that bet ; ). But yes! I need suggestions. As you can see from my list, I'm a big fan of slice-of-life sorts of anime. I'm willing to try anything, tho : ).

Edit: I have a crunchyroll subscription, if it helps, but have also learned a few other places to find anime. Suggestions of this nature are still welcome, tho, since people have different preferences on where to obtain "the goods"

Haha ! You made me laugh because it might be true (at least compared to me).

Your knowledge is absolute :lol: !