Special Mentions That Would Be On This List If 1-10 Had More Numbers:

Girls Bravo!

Shadow Skill

The Mars Daybreak

Working!!

Maria Holic

Alternatively, The Worst Anime Ever (imo):

Akikan

It's an anime about drink cans that turn into girls that fight each other to prove which kind of can is the greatest. the animation is terrible, the voice acting is terrible, the character roles feel forced, the list of issues i have with it go on and on. I've watched bad anime before just for the luls. i can't even watch this one for the purpose of making fun of it.

my list has changed. Maou-san has replaced Desert Punk, which thinking back really shouldn't have been on that list in the first place...

my list has changed. Maou-san has replaced Desert Punk, which thinking back really shouldn't have been on that list in the first place...

wow really?? Would love to see your MAL I'm curious what anime you have and haven't seen.

Edit: in other words, Make one!!!!!

Had to think about this for a bit...so...in no particular order:

Chihayafuru

Taishou Yakyuu Musume

Hachimitsu to Clover

Usagi Drop

Planetes

Mimi wo Sumaseba

Nodame Cantabile

Kimi to Boku

Ookami to Koushinryou

AnoHana

Honorable Mention:

Sukitte Ii na yo

Beck

Hanasaku Iroha

Mushishi

Trigun

10. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

9. Hataraku Maou-sama!

8. Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon

7. Hanasaku Iroha

6. Ookami to Koushinryou

5. Seitokai Yakuindomo

4. Bakemonogatari

3. Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

2. Gosick

1. Toradora!

Now, if Shaft ever decides to finally release the Kizumonogatari movie, then that would probably in well within my top 10.

• 1 month later...

Story-wise, yes?

Also, my top ten list is very much affected by my bias and weird sense so I'm warning you... here ya go

1. Lupin The Third: Mine Fujiko to iu Onna

2. Kono Danshi, Ningyo Hiroimashita.

3. Kuuchuu Buranko

4. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

5. Zettai Karen Children THE UNLIMITED: Hyoubu Kyousuke

6. Tari Tari

7. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

8. Ao no Exorcist

9. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

10. To Aru Majutsu no Index

• 4 weeks later...

Might as well revive this topic

In no particular order

1. Angel Beats!

2. Toradora!

3. OreImo

4. Last Exile

5. Girls und Panzer

6. Clannad

7. Baka to Test

8. Elfen Lied

9. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

10. Spice and Wolf

Angel Beats and OreImo!? We need to have a long talk about your tastes sir. That shocks me. I thought those two were two of the most overrated shows I've seen to date :P

Angel Beats and OreImo!? We need to have a long talk about your tastes sir. That shocks me. I thought those two were two of the most overrated shows I've seen to date :P/>

Angel Beats stays on the list. OreImo though, that was something along the lines of, it was one of the first anime I had seen so it has high sentimental value and it was never compared to other anime

• 4 weeks later...

1) Zero no Tsukaima

2) Steins;Gate

3) Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

4) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

5) K-on!!

6) To LOVE-Ru Darkness

7) Yuru Yuri♪♪

8) Danshi Koukosai no Nichijou

9) Elfen Lied

10) Shinsekai Yori

Worst anime ever in my opinion:

Mars of Destruction

Warning: I take no responsibility for any harm you may cause to yourself wether it be mentally or physically after watching this. Proceed at your own risk. I do not advice anyone to watch it if they wish to keep their integrity as a human being. This 19 minute long OVA can be one's demise and should not be watched by the weak of heart or stomach as the gruesome art, story, characters, plot, setting, voice acting, etc. can cause you to have symptoms like: Facepalming, Facedesking, Wrist cutting, Suicide, Eyeball Stabbing, among others.

You have been warned.

1) Zero no Tsukaima

2) Steins;Gate

3) Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

4) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

5) K-on!!

6) To LOVE-Ru Darkness

7) Yuru Yuri♪♪

8) Danshi Koukosai no Nichijou

9) Elfen Lied

10) Shinsekai Yori

Worst anime ever in my opinion:

Mars of Destruction

Warning: I take no responsibility for any harm you may cause to yourself wether it be mentally or physically after watching this. Proceed at your own risk. I do not advice anyone to watch it if they wish to keep their integrity as a human being. This 19 minute long OVA can be one's demise and should not be watched by the weak of heart or stomach as the gruesome art, story, characters, plot, setting, voice acting, etc. can cause you to have symptoms like: Facepalming, Facedesking, Wrist cutting, Suicide, Eyeball Stabbing, among others.

You have been warned.

I see a ton of love for Shinsekai yori, and yet I seem unable to ever get more than 6 or 7 episodes into it, despite loving the world and characters. Elfen Lied was kind of "meh" in my opinion. Too many unanswered questions. 

I see a ton of love for Shinsekai yori, and yet I seem unable to ever get more than 6 or 7 episodes into it, despite loving the world and characters. Elfen Lied was kind of "meh" in my opinion. Too many unanswered questions. 

Honestly my first impression of Shinsekai Yori was "boring" and "too slow paced" , the first 6 episodes or so don't have much going on and some people get tired of it, I'll admit i wasn't too into it either. But after a while things started plummething and it gets really dark. You'll only fully understand the anime after it's all over, and i mean the very last episode. The show deals with a lot of subjects but the one that's most present through out is the dark side of society, there's many questions that the main characters are trying to find answers to and the society they live in (which is 1000 years from now in the show) is pretty much a vault that's keeping everyone from the truth. Through out the show you'll start finding out all the secrets and what's happened in the past and what lead the world to be the way it is and what i found most interesting was how well you could relate to it, after I watched that show i felt all philosophicaland thought the "what if" scenario was pretty realistic and dark and i think that if by any chance it happened today there's almost no doubt the world would be as dark as shinsekai yori's world. 

In the end it's a show that you have to pay attention to and give it its time and it will eventually show it's dark and interesting side. But one thing is for sure, nothing is left unanswered and i think that was one of the most positive aspects of it.

Elfen Lied the manga has more answers but overall the anime just made me feel so emotional that i'd never forget it.

• 3 weeks later...

1 - Gintama

2 - Steins;Gate

3 - Durarara!!

4 - Nichijou

5 - To Aru Majutsu no Index

6 - Toradora

7 - Black Rock Shooter (TV)

8 - Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The World God Only Knows)

9 - Sket Dance

10 - Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

P.S: Toaru was my first anime -_-

1. Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa
  2. Monster
  3. Hotaru no Haka
  4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
  5. Cowboy Bebop
  6. Sakurasou no Pet Kanojo
  7. Kanon (2006)
  8. Byousoku 5 Centimeter
  9. Azumanga Daioh
  10. Golden Boy

I have a pretty soft spot for Makoto Shinkai and Miyazaki movies. If I took out the movies, I'd probably slide Wolf's Rain, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai in at 8, 9, and 10.

1.   God!please save our king
2.   Toradora
3.   Big Windup!
4.   Sankarea
5.   Baka to test
6.   Hanasaku Iroha

7.   Sket Dance
8.   Tonari no Kaibutsukun

9.   B Gata H Kei

10. Acchi Kocchi

*bump in*
Prety much the old animes,I haven't have time to watch new ones.Tho I'm planning to watch many more after I graduate.

1.   God!please save our king

2.   Toradora

3.   Big Windup!

4.   Sankarea

5.   Baka to test

6.   Hanasaku Iroha

7.   Sket Dance

8.   Tonari no Kaibutsukun

9.   B Gata H Kei

10. Acchi Kocchi

*bump in*

Prety much the old animes,I haven't have time to watch new ones.Tho I'm planning to watch many more after I graduate.

Prety much the old animes,I haven't have time to watch new ones.Tho I'm planning to watch many more after I graduate

old animes

why is it that I can't put the words "old" and "anime" in the same sentence without lighting the ryoji signal, but everyone else can ~_~

I'll try lighting the Ryoji signal:

Mobile Suit Gundam 

Zeta Gundam.

Rose of Versailles

Cowboy bebop

Rurouni Kenshin

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Gundam 0080

Lupin III

Mazinger Z

Space Battleship Yamato

If this doesn't light the Ryoji signal, I don't know what will, really.

I'll try lighting the Ryoji signal:

Mobile Suit Gundam 

Zeta Gundam.

Rose of Versailles

Cowboy bebop

Rurouni Kenshin

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Gundam 0080

Lupin III

Mazinger Z

Space Battleship Yamato

If this doesn't light the Ryoji signal, I don't know what will, really.

Eh, those are kind of well known though. Besides, I saw on twitter that Ryoji might be ill again. Not entirely sure though.