Best Wishes for Krill

Tay

Hi Everyone! Stopping in to give y'all an update on Krill ..He is doing pretty well this week he has his good days and bad. He has had therapy and they are helping so much.They gave him a list of about 50 words to work on at home with me and he can say almost all of them missing only maybe 5 to 10 depending on how his days been.He went to a therapy session by himself with medical transport.He also stayed home a few hours yesterday as i had a Dr appointment and our son was at his grandparents house.When i got home he had cleaned up our sons toys in the livingroom for me :-) He has been able to make his own bowl of cereal for breakfast without making a mess.He has been online and trying to type to friends.He can say "ok" which is better than it was.Tomorrow he is going with his father to sign paper work at the lawyers. Im not sure if i told you about the lawsuit against the first hospital i sent him to the day he had the strokes.They said the catscans showed nothing and his symptoms were a chronic issue from his schizophrenia and sent him home with a blood pressure super high 168/109 and him at that point unable to speak. I sent him to another hospital with a stroke unit later that day and they told me they could see the strokes on those exact same scans and they knew he was having the strokes immediately.So the first hospital missed the 2 hour window to give him a clot busting drug and prevent anymore strokes and cause all this damage he is now dealing with.So we are suing them for malpractice.Please if you have any questions or advise dont hesitate to reply with questions or comments.

Glad to hear Krill's recovery is going well. If there's anything we here on Fuwanovel can do feel free to let us know. We're all here for the both of you.

I'm not sure if this would help with recovery from a stroke but I've heard some people say that meditation can be pretty helpful when recovering from illness and injury. Again, I'm not 100% sure about it but it might be worth looking into. 

Hi all i wish i was bringing you good news today but i have to take Krill back to the hospital tonight he may have had another mini stroke I will let you know more when they do a MRI and find out whats going on Hes having significant weakness and numbness on his right side some headaches and his balance is a bit off His blood pressures been good and his blood sugar so it could only be caused by his bleeding still in his brain

This might be interesting for you guys:

http://www.penfriend.biz/word-prediction.html

If I understand correctly Krill has trouble typing but is fine with reading, and this program can suggest words for him to use. It's pretty expensive, but there's a free demo you can try to see if it works.

http://www.penfriend.biz/download-demos.html

You might want to look into word prediction software more to see if there's something a bit cheaper, though.

Hope this helps. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! Sorry i havent posted any new updates its been a busy time for us Our son turned 3 on Friday the 10th and todays Krills Dads Birthday and on the 24th is Krills Birthday ( he will be 35 for those who will ask lol ) There really havent been any changes other than the new medication from the Neurologist is helping a bit and he now needs to go for Physical therapy along with the Speech therapy 3 times a week For those who have Skype you may private message me and we can set up some times and days for Krill to Skype with you on my account because i have a cam and he doesnt on his pc He needs all the speech and interaction he can get right now with his friends Hope you are all doing well!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone hoping your all well Not to much to report on Krills progress Hes doing better all the time but he has his bad days were he just cant say or do anything I found him trying to cut a brick of cheese yesterday with a fork Just an example of the craziness that is going on at times He has a lot of therapy physical and speech weekly 2 to 3 days a week Plus we do his speech at home also every day Some days he cant our sons name or his own which are the same but our sons is a nickname shortened I go for surgery on the 12th so im not sure if i will be updating in the next 2 weeks