School Days HQ Installation Help + Extra

To start off this is my first time buying from JAST and along with my other purchases I am having a lot of issues. As I am trying to play School Days right now this is the first topic I am posting, hopefully JAST messages me back to resolve the other ones. 

I have looked up guides on the google but they are either 1) yohoho version or 2) not my issue.

Below I will post the steps taken in installing and the fucking ridiculous head ache it is giving me.

First I downloaded the data 1-6 from "my games" on the JAST website. I also downloaded the setup and manual. 

Awn06v8.jpg

a0EBnhF.jpg

sBm1MLZ.png

Anything out of the ordinary in this step?

Next up is the process of installing. 

Zui3jul.jpg

vCPM7HJ.jpg

cf7h8GZ.jpg

b75aZFs.jpg

lS4UF0k.jpg

FbYYegb.jpg

At this point I am pretty optimistic (not anymore I have tried a few times) but then shit gets real.

This is when the shit becomes real and walks off.

8ykrA3F.jpg

HwlezSV.jpg

VUtzdcJ.jpg

KNMMzGi.jpg

feroes2.jpg

ccf381c33a42eed8c68e1f61afd30f60-d4ofss2

So where in that did I go wrong? Cuz' I have no clue. 

I would also like to mention I attempted to torrent the game first to see if I wanted to buy it. Not the same steps but when I tried mounting the ISO's or whatever and it told me to insert disc 2 it wouldn't work. When I went into task manager to close the program it also said "uninstall" instead of "install". I know however that I clicked the install on both the bought and torrented versions.

One last thing regarding this issue. I checked my internet security in this case, Webroot, and it wasn't being blocked or quarantined to my knowledge. 

To add insult to injury I tried to download "My Girlfriend is the President" which I also purchased but the "My Girlfriend is the President - Patch for Win8.1" download link didn't work. When I tried to start up the game I was left with this:

eL4QgUy.jpg

I'm assuming that is because I do not have the patch installed. I submitted a support ticket to JAST but we will have to wait and see.

Thanks to who ever is willing to offer help in my time of technical needs.

For the problem with My Girlfriend is the President, download and extract this. Then simple copy version.dll into the game folder and you should be set.

EDIT: Also regarding the school days torrent, what happens when you mount disc 2? When it prompts for disc 2, you simply have to mount disc2.iso and the installation should continue by itself. 

For the problem with My Girlfriend is the President, download and extract this. Then simple copy version.dll into the game folder and you should be set.

EDIT: Also regarding the school days torrent, what happens when you mount disc 2? When it prompts for disc 2, you simply have to mount disc2.iso and the installation should continue by itself. 

It freezes once it asks for disc 2 and when I open task manager to close it it says uninstall instead of install, similar to paid version in that regard. 

I will try to get a screenshot later will have to redownload it though. 

When I redownload the torrented version will I have to delete the paid version? Is it possible for the save files to mess up each other?

Edit: The link for My Girlfriend is the President leads me back to this topic. Link broken??

About the JAST version, I heard that you need to change your system locale to English (US) for it to work. Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a shot. 

When I redownload the torrented version will I have to delete the paid version? Is it possible for the save files to mess up each other?

I'm not sure about that, but better be safe than sorry I guess. If the installer still freezes, you can try out the method from someone in the hongfire forums.

It freezes once it asks for disc 2 and when I open task manager to close it it says uninstall instead of install, similar to paid version in that regard. 

I will try to get a screenshot later will have to redownload it though. 

Edit: The link for My Girlfriend is the President leads me back to this topic. Link broken??

Whoops, my bad. Here's the correct link.

Either I did something wrong or I am missing something... 

This is for MGFP 

9vVbpZJ.png

CyuV3VG.png

I am still downloading School Days and I already tried the local thing but not with the torrented ver. Since the birds are singing it means I have been up all night. Will update my status regarding School Days/My GF is the President when I wake up, the battle is not yet over.

You're only supposed to place version.dll inside the folder, not everything. That might be the cause? The error also has lots of question marks, which I assume is because you're not in Japanese locale? Maybe try changing it to see if it helps?  :huh:

You need Japanese locale if you torrent School Days, btw.

You're only supposed to place version.dll inside the folder, not everything. That might be the cause? The error also has lots of question marks, which I assume is because you're not in Japanese locale? Maybe try changing it to see if it helps?  :huh:

You need Japanese locale if you torrent School Days, btw.

I changed over to US locale for JAST School days :/ The version I am torrenting also says it is JAST.

Edit: Seems like My Girlfriend is the President is working now. I was able to start it up, hopefully no crasherino.

JAST has a support section in its official forums, you know.  And staff actually monitor it daily too.

The install problem with School Days HQ is a common issue.  I remember having it.  The easiest workaround is simply to manually move files to the installation folder (and reinstall on top of this directory as necessary).  The directory structure should end up looking like this (keep in mind this is after applying the latest patch, 1.02 in this case).

RcATCJS.pngg7mIgym.png

This is what I have: 

bhT8Wcz.png

d0BnlZf.png

In order to get all those files in the "Packs" folder would I just move the data 1 - 6 inside it?

I opened the "School Days HQ" application in the Overflow folder and it said I had ver 1.00. It was also just a black screen since I don't have anything else installed, would I the patch online or will it update with the data packs?  

Also I submitted a support ticket to JAST before I resolved the My Girlfriend is the President issue. I haven't gotten a reply back even now so I didn't bother with the forums on JAST. I will try that next time, though I wish to solve this problem with out making another thread on the JAST forums. 

This is what I have: 

In order to get all those files in the "Packs" folder would I just move the data 1 - 6 inside it?

I opened the "School Days HQ" application in the Overflow folder and it said I had ver 1.00. It was also just a black screen since I don't have anything else installed, would I the patch online or will it update with the data packs?  

Also I submitted a support ticket to JAST before I resolved the My Girlfriend is the President issue. I haven't gotten a reply back even now so I didn't bother with the forums on JAST. I will try that next time, though I wish to solve this problem with out making another thread on the JAST forums. 

The patch goes on after the game is installed successfully.

I have the DVD version.  Copying files manually from the DVD fixed my problem.  I'm not sure about the digital download.  Those BIN files are compressed archives; you can't simply copy them over.  They have to be extracted, presumably by the installer.

Try this solution:

Recently got a pm about a fix that someone found in case anyone has this problem and finds this thread:What i did in my case was extract the setup.zip and put it in a folder in my desktop, then put all the 6 bin files in the same folder, worked as a charm.

The key thing to try here is make sure the BIN files and setup.exe are in a folder (named using the English alphabet) on your desktop.  See if that works.

Sorry about the late response, finals. I am redownloading the BIN files into a folder on my desktop and the extracted setup.exe. Hopefully this works since neither steins;gate nor MGFP Fandisc seem to want to install... 

Edit: The solution worked for School Days HQ, but I am still on ver 1.0. I'm not going to care about that because it is actually fucking working. Will try it for the others tomorrow as well. Can't believe it was that easy..

Please patch the game.  School Days HQ is quite buggy and you'll need all the relief you can get.  The crashes are aggravating because they erase your read scenes history since your last save.

You shouldn't have to redownload the files, but whatever makes you happy.

Also, helping you successfully fix a technical problem is one of those instances where I think a "like" on the useful post is warranted. ;-)

Please patch the game.  School Days HQ is quite buggy and you'll need all the relief you can get.  The crashes are aggravating because they erase your read scenes history since your last save.

You shouldn't have to redownload the files, but whatever makes you happy.

Also, helping you successfully fix a technical problem is one of those instances where I think a "like" on the useful post is warranted. ;-)

You can get another like if you tell me how to patch it :')

Try reading through the comments on this page: http://blog.jastusa.com/blog/2012/08/06/school-days-hq-patch/comment-page-1/#comments

One comment in particular seems to match your issue:

may i ask how to install this HQ patch? sorry, i’m not into tech. everytime i try to install the patch, it asks for a folder, so i always direct it to the folder of my installed schooldays game, but the “next” will not light up even though i tried every folder in that installed game. how is this, makoto?

http://blog.jastusa.com/blog/2012/08/06/school-days-hq-patch/comment-page-1/#comment-1914

@kristoff: The path should look like “C:\SCHOOLDAYS HQ” or “C:\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ”, depending on where you installed it. If there’s anything after the “SCHOOLDAYS HQ” part, delete it.

In my case it is C:/Overflow/SCHOOLDAYS HQ but it doesn't allow me to click next. No matter where I set it I can't continue. Does it matter where I put the "sdhq_patch_102" download?

Edit: I submitted a support ticket, hopefully they will have a solution. Either way I will update this thread to let everyone know if I was able to get it resolved or not.

Edited by LiquidShu

• 2 weeks later...

THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN FIXED. It was a pain the ass and I don't believe should have been a problem in the first place but it was. Once the jlist support actually got back to me communications went smoothly. The rep didn't quite understand my problem but wit his help we both got it fixed and a new solution to School Days HQ problems. In my case I HAD to download the setup and data 1 - 6 in a folder on my desktop. After that the installation proceeded smoothly with out issue. Then when the patch would not install, for v1.02, I had to change the directory it was installing it into. Normally it would be something like this: C:\Program Files\Overflow\School Days. However, what it was doing for me was creating an extension to the above "\New Folder" or something of the like. This is what caused the patch to be unable to continue. All you have to do to fix the patch not allowing you to click "next" is to remove the added folder and just install it on top of "\School Days". 

Thanks to anyone who posted here to help me and the people at jlist. If you have a similar issue try what I did and they should have added a new solution to School Days as well :)

Finals were keeping me quite busy so sorry for not updating sooner!