Pokémon Emerald: Moemon + Nuzlocke Challenge :D

Zenophilious

On day two, I got to training Linova the Nincada, which was quite a time-consuming process, even with the help of the almighty spacebar. See, Nincada's levelling is erratic, meaning that it needs the least exp for lvl 100 (only 600000), but its early levelling is excruciatingly slow... when I was done training him, on level 20 where she evolved, she had far more exp than the rest of the party combined... :michiru:

This presented me with something new to worry about: Shedinja. The run has been going well so far, but if I end up using Shedinja, every battle is perilous, and it likely wouldn't last long, so I think I'll refrain, lest I start taking losses.

Speaking of losses, Brawly got destroyed by Getsuya, the Beautifly... Gust is strong. So all in all, so far so good! Everyone's lvl 20 now, so I think I'm good level-wise, too. I've missed two opportunities for catching mons, though... but my current party looks solid.

Gdi. So I restarted my game on VBA.

Fuck you so hard, No$GBA.

Screw you screw you screw you----

Anyway, I restarted with, of course, Tammy again.

Just beat the first gym a while ago. 

For some reason, Nay the Nincada takes a lot of time to level up. W-What. I didn't know things like that happened.

So, here's my new party after beating Roxanne:

Tammy the Treecko, level 21

Kiriririri the Marill, level 12

Nay the Nincada, level 10

Sherry the Shroomish, level 14

Funya the Taillow, level 18

Sally the Beautifly, level 12

zxiUPzz.png lZMCZDa.png

Day 9

We left north, towards the Lavaridge Town since I heard the next gym was there. We had to change our plans rather quickly, because some thugs were blocking the rail car to Mt. Chimney and thus the passage to Lavaridge. I didn't feel like bothering them, so we continue towards Fallabor Town using the passage that runs under the Mountain. Now looking back, I'm not sure if it was that good of an idea. Our good luck ended abruptly and we were reminded of the constant dangers that lurk around us. No matter how well you are doing, misfortune awaits everywhere and can strike whenever, no matter what. 

Raika got hurt really bad in an ambush just as we exited the tunnel and died to poisoning shortly afterwards. Luckily we didn't have to travel that long to find some shelter, a nice old granny gave us a place to rest. She even let us bury Raika near her garden. I'd have felt bad bothering the lady even more, so we hit the road pretty soon after resting a bit.

Rest of the journey to Fallabor went without a hitch. The ashen fields were really beautiful, we even had some fun playing on the ash. I think everybody tried to extra cheerful to hide the sadness. A wild Spinda joined us during our play time and became our new companion. I sincerely hope she doesn't have to go through the same horrible experiences we others have.

Tomorrow we will explore the Meteor Falls. I heard someone interesting is doing research there and I decided it might be worth checking out. We need to wait for the situation at Mt. Chimney to blow over anyways.

Woah. That's scary.

Just when you got your Raika killed, I captured an Electrike and named it Raika.

Take note that I did not see this post before doing that.

...Raika's still with us.

It's fate! Let's hope your Raika will have better future than mine.

How did you end up on the name Raika? I name my pokemons by looking up kanjis that fit them, and then choose from Japanese names that contain said kanji. Or in case of Ryouken, play around with pronunciations. 

Just started the victory road and Im scared as crap that something will happen while im not near a pokemon center some imma stack up on full restores and max potions + a few dozen full heals
Its pretty annoying that i have to teach one of my mains flash but i guess i can use heart scales to get the old moves back
Current team

UURvq.jpg

Also, is it just me or is absol seriously cute?

0HYHZ.jpg

Edit: 
Btw, my team (in the order of that pic above) is 
Gyarados,Exploud,Camerupt, Flygon,Lairon,Sceptile

Edit #2 : Due to the extreme nature of this challenge, my Exploud has decided to quit, she wants to cheer me on from the sidelines and take a bit of a break, for this reason she will be replaced by Yuuki the Snorunt (whos lv 30) ...

Edited by AmamiRiku

How did you end up on the name Raika? I name my pokemons by looking up kanjis that fit them, and then choose from Japanese names that contain said kanji. Or in case of Ryouken, play around with pronunciations. 

Raika? I just remembered that 'rai' is something related to thunder/lightning, so I used that as my basis. I was supposed to go 'Raiga', but I settled with 'Raika' instead, because it's cuter. It's pure coincidence. She's coming back to haunt you.

Anyway, I actually forgot about the Nuzlocke challenge because I was too busy grinding for dear life. But I assure you, none have died since Maya's demise.

Day 10

I feel so guilty. I promised to protect Tsugumi from all the suffering we went though, but instead I got her killed. I'm the worst. And if that wasn't enough our other newcomer, Chiruchiru the Swablu also passed away soon after joining us. In days like these I really question myself and the reason of this journey. The burials still hurt as much as ever, but afterwards I didn't feel that sad today. Instead I felt terribly empty, almost scarily so.

With the veterans only remaining we traveled through Meteor Falls easily. We even met some Team Aqua and Magma thugs, but I didn't really care about, or rather I didn't really care about anything. I don't think we have ever traveled in such silence. The professor we initially went looking for, told about some meteorite and some other useless stuff. So much for a profitable side trip.

By the evening we arrived at cable car by the Mt. Chimney again. This time it was in use, but the there was some sort of gang war going on. I couldn't care less, but apparently someone was going to blow up the volcano, so I had no choice but to intervene. I went and thrashed the mob boss responsible and vented some frustration in the progress.

On my way down the rugged pass to Lavaridge town we met a Spoink I decided to take with us. Finding a new friend was surprisingly therapeutic, I'm feeling much better already. Tonight we are going to hit the famous hot springs together. I need to take of my pokemons after all, I didn't even consider their feelings when I wallowed in my depression.

I had awful start today, I lost my swablu and spinda while training them. And Altaria is my favorite pokemon of all... 

Such is life.

Deceased:

- Lvl. 16 Swablu - Chiruchiru

- Lvl. 16 Spinda - Tsugumi

My Team:

- Lvl. 26 Sableye - Anju
- Lvl. 29 Combusken - Chiaki
- Lvl. 24 Tentacool - Mizuki
- Lvl. 27 Mightyena - Ryouken
- Lvl. 22 Spoink - Tama

Day 11

WHY? WHYYYYY? I thought I was prepared.

We trained so hard with Mizuki and yet, yet...

That damn Torkoal, that...

Why Chiaki had to defend against it? Why Chiaki... 

And then Mizuki even...

*rest is unreadable, the text is soaked in tears* 

Losing a starter hurts so much. Flannery's Torkoal got a critical hit and one-shotted Chiki. Then it survived with 1 hp or something and killed my tentacool.

I think I'm taking a little break, it felt worse than I imagined.

Deceased:

- Lvl. 29 Combusken - Chiaki

- Lvl. 27 Tentacool - Mizuki
My Team:

- Lvl. 28 Sableye - Anju

- Lvl. 29 Mightyena - Ryouken
- Lvl. 22 Spoink - Tama

I have finally tasted defeat... in the battle against Wattson, I was reminded how Wonder Guard doesn't block any form of self-imposed damage, such as confusion... Up until now, I've felt almost invincible, since I've been grinding training a lot more than I'd usually do, out of fear and reassurance. But alas, I was reminded of the cruel fate that is inflicted on all those who are beaten... you don't just faint, no, you pass away, you perish, you die. And I don't mean just the nameless Shedinja I'd been travelling with, but I mean all the many moemon that have been... ended through my actions. It's really an ugly mess of a world; one can only progress by climbing on the corpses of your rivals and opponents... It's like king of the hill, and on top of the biggest hill resides the champion. Up there is where my party belongs, I know it. I won't settle for anything less... we must keep our heads up, we can't afford to look down... even though it hurts.

Putting that aside, though, it honestly surprised me when I actually lost a party member. I had expected one to fall to a random crit or some other unlucky event, like having no antidotes and not making it back to the pokemon center. But no, it was all over in one turn, and though it was certainly a stroke of bad luck (Magneton using Supersonic, and Shedinja hitting itself immediately after), it felt... fair. The rest of the battle was a mess; I had to rely on Linova to seal the deal. Honestly, the battle was a mess from the beginning, since my plan was to bet on Thidas and Zeno to be overlevelled enough to be able to take Wattson on. I have to say though, Thidas is really tanky...

On a final note, I've found a new member for the team: Kosaki the Koffig! Don't ask me why, I just thought being a Koffig suited you, Kosaki... and hey, she's a female, so there's that. I like Weezing a lot, but I never actually had one in my party before, so this is a nice occasion.

JpyUlWZ.png

...You better live up to the name rater's expectations, you hear? :D

Current party:

Linova the Ninjask, level 26

Getsuya the Beautifly, level 28

Zeno the Grovyle, level 30

Thidas the Azumarill, level 28

Kosaki the Koffig, level 15

It is too late or I can participate too?

Yeah, if you have a computer that can run an emulator, enough drive space to store said emulator and an Emerald ROM, and the willingness to emotionally cripple yourself :mare:

I gotta go back through all 8 pages and update the list of dead Moemon.  Gotta say, I'm not looking forward to that.

Yeah, if you have a computer that can run an emulator, enough drive space to store said emulator and an Emerald ROM, and the willingness to emotionally cripple yourself :mare:

I gotta go back through all 8 pages and update the list of dead Moemon.  Gotta say, I'm not looking forward to that.

I bet you didn't think this was going to get so popular, did you? Or that we would so eagerly slaughter our pokemon?

Have fun recording everyone's misery!  :sachi:

Honestly, the battle was a mess from the beginning, since my plan was to bet on Thidas and Zeno to be overlevelled enough to be able to take Wattson on. I have to say though, Thidas is really tanky...

Thidas the Azumarill, level 28

Yay I evolved and grew to level 28 ^.^, and im a tank to top it off XD

Poor Lino, she just lost one of her two lives (one as shedinja and the other as ninjask) 

Btw i stopped playing for a while, im not gonna play again till at least one person gets to Mossdeep, then ill start grinding a bit

On a final note, I've found a new member for the team: Kosaki the Koffig! Don't ask me why, I just thought being a Koffig suited you, Kosaki... and hey, she's a female, so there's that. I like Weezing a lot, but I never actually had one in my party before, so this is a nice occasion.

W-What tough luck. I actually dislike Wheezing's sprite in Moemon. Good thing they're reworking it. But for now, I'll be stuck as 'that guy'. Is it me or did you make me a Poison type because I'm toxic? 

*cue Britney Spears*

Anyway, I've quit the challenge, but I still haven't allowed anyone to die in my team. I guess it's fate. If anyone's curious, I'm at Mossdeep. :D