Pokémon Emerald: Moemon + Nuzlocke Challenge :D

Zenophilious

I kept running around tall grass for like an hour in the route before Rustboro City to get a Taillow, just to discover that they're abundant in the route just beyond Rustboro City. Talk about wasted time. 

The only reason I beat Brawly without losing anyone is because Funya (Taillow) could easily one-hit the fighting types with Wing Attack. Well, at least most of them. I was just lucky enough for Funya to score an unlikely crit when Brawly called out Makuhita. Maybe it's because Funya has the 'Naughty' nature. His attack stat has a very fast growth.

Anyway, I recommend naming your Moemons 'Funya'. It'll surely lead you to victory. :sachi:

I caught an Oddish...

However...

Hana the Oddish has fallen in battle against the Shell Shock himself, Wattson.

It was close. Tamotsu (Hariyama) disposed of pretty much everyone extremely quickly (feeding experience through the Exp Share to Mizuko, my Magikarp), however when Manectric came out he ended up getting paralyzed. That is where things started going down hill.

My best bet was Vital Throw, as the damage output that does coming from a Lvl 30 Hariyama is pretty nice. However, Tamotsu couldn't shake off the paralysis as much as he needed to. With the clock ticking on whether or not I was going to make it out of there alive, I recalled Tamotsu and sent out Kotone (Loudred). Immediately dropped to critical health... and it was then I was presented with a choice.

Begin Dramatization

I knew that any of the other Moemon I sent out would be destroyed in an instant, but if there was any that stood a chance at lasting more than a turn... it was Hana.

Making this cruel decision, desperately clinging to the small hope of survival, I sent Hana out. 

Quick Attack

It had to be a miracle.

I quickly nursed Tamotsu back to health with a Soda Pop, hoping against hope that Hana would be able to avoid the next attack... but to no avail.

Hana was cut down mercilessly by Wattson.

I sent out Tamotsu in a rage and practically screamed for a Vital Throw.

Manectric answered with a Shock Wave that critical hit... launching Tamotsu at the wall, only to then fall to the ground in a state of near death.

Silence hung in the air like that of a deadened battlefield.

Tamotsu slowly stood, battle-torn, and my heart sank into my stomach.

(POV change)

However, he too had seen far too much.

He had heard of the tragedy that had befallen the team before his arrival. Sora (Wingull) had told him all of it; all about that one sided massacre.

He had taken part in the slaughter of countless other Moemon, never thinking of the consequences.

Tomotsu realized that weight of his actions, however his heart did not waver in despair.

For it was then a spark lit in Tamotsu's heart.

Never again would he see a friend lose a life in this fucked up world where Moemon are made to kill one another like this.

Hana had been a good friend, even if he had joined only recently. They laughed together, played together, and fought together, and an unbreakable bond had been formed.

So never again. Upon his heart he vowed to never let it happen again.

He would take the lives of others in order to protect the dear bonds he had created with others.

Tamotsu would become... the sword and shield of his companions.

(POV change)

It was over in an instant.

Before I could even call out to Tamotsu, he disappeared from my vision.

I quickly switched my eyes to my opponent.

Tamotsu was holding the Manectric over his head, already prepared to slam it down.

However I could tell, even from here.

Tamotsu's face...

... was covered in tears.

Manectric was crushed against the ground, and the sickening crunch made me avert my eyes.

There was no need to ascertain the state of the corpse.

The battle... was over.

I wasn't planning on dramatizing that... but it just kind of... happened. xD

Current Party:

ea6e6324c8.jpg

It's only going to get better worse as we progress farther in the game.

Day 5

During our training for the gym we found a new member, Whismur called Hibiki. She's kind of reckless, but I feel like she's going to be a valuable member of the team. The training was definitely worth it, we cleared the gym easily, Chiaki even finished the final Nosepass with a lucky crit. 

After the gym I helped the jackass who got assaulted earlier and saved some old man's bird. But that rescue mission went almost awry, Ryouken managed to only survive with a sliver of health. Afterwards I received a free phone from the company president, so I guess it was worth it. They also asked me to deliver some package to Slateport, so tomorrow I'm of to find a boat. 

Day 6
Something really horrible happened. I saw May as I was leaving Rustboro and she challenged me to friendly match. It was a mistake. Wata couldn't handle the Torkoal that buffed himself constantly and even though he managed to defeat it, he was weakened in the process. When May's Mudkip started using bide after Wata absorbed energy from him, I knew we had to rush. It was either Wata finishing off the Mudkip or taking fatal damage. And Wata wasn't strong enough...  

Ryouken tried to save the day, but one missed tackle turned the tables around again. I couldn't break the stalemate with potions. In the end Hibiki sacrificed herself for the others. She dived in and took a fatal hit for Ryouken, which created a much needed opening. I still can't believe our newest member did such thing. Wata and Hibiki both died to their wounds shortly after the battle and we buried them in to the nearby woods. Ryoken took the incident especially badly, Wata was his best friend and I think he feels responsible for Hibiki's death. Even Chiaki was surprisingly tame this evening. I think I learnt my lesson today.

Even though it hurts, we need to continue travelling tomorrow, we do have that package to deliver after all. But right now, all I want is to sleep in the warm embrace of my pokemons.

RIP Sumika the Shroomish, she die while helping me catch a pokemon, she shall be missed.

As tribute to her death she will be replaced by the pokemon whose capture she assisted in, Mamoru the Aron

Also, seeing as Brawly is massacring peoples pokemon, I'm getting around him using a somewhat cheaty method, by delivering the letter blind (without flash) (I've played this game so many times that I can remember the exact layout), then going straight to slateport, training there, and coming back and destroying him

Suguha the Gulpin has fallen... to my very own father no less.

Tamotsu (Hariyama) once again found that his hands were stained with his friend's blood.

Suguha took a shot for Tamotsu, so he could live on.

Truly a selfless act.

We also have three new members to welcome!

Aya- Lotad

Mushiko - Tranpinch

Nobuko - Sandshrew

Current Party:

1094003c65.jpg

From what I gathered, it seems everybody is getting really unlucky here. Wouldn't you guys use a type guide?

Small update: lvl 13 Minun named Hisae added to the team.

Also, damn Linova, you work FAST. I thought I was in the lead. Now that I think about it, how much time does everyone spend farming? I like to farm a lot whenever I get the chance so I can be ready for anything.

My team so far: 

13268af4a7.png

Just beat the First gym, and my treeko nearly got crushed by her Nosepass. She opened with block, then tackled for a bit. Healed when around 30-40% back to 90%, then she used 1 rock tomb. It crit and brought me to 1 hp. Thank god for oran berries! xD If treeko went down it would have been a quick game over.

From what I gathered, it seems everybody is getting really unlucky here. Wouldn't you guys use a type guide?

Small update: lvl 13 Minun named Hisae added to the team.

Also, damn Linova, you work FAST. I thought I was in the lead. Now that I think about it, how much time does everyone spend farming? I like to farm whenever I get the chance so I can be ready for anything.

I am abusing the shit out of the speed up function. :holo:

I spend enough time grinding so I am not under-leveled, but not too much so I'm not invincible.

Outside of Brawly, the two losses I have suffered have been me trying to save Tamotsu (Hariyama). xD

Trust me, unless you're leveling a ton and are a way higher level than the gym leaders they will still get in lucky shots and kill your mon even when you're using mons that are strong against them.

As promised here are some brief prose vignettes about my journey so far. I wish I had time to make a full-fledged fiction out of it but... I really don't. Please enjoy the drama though.

"I can't just sit here anymore," Siegfried said, after closing at his bar one night. "The way the humans treat us Moemon just isn't right. It's time someone did something about it."

"The fat ones, the ones on the top of the heap, you think they're going to go down that easy? Sure maybe you'll pick up a few younglings who haven't become cogs in the machine yet, but do you really think a sense of justice will overturn the order of this world we live in?" I always spoke frankly with Siegfried. Moemon were pure and honest, so I always tried to speak plainly with them as well.
"You're the only human who comes to my place," Siegfried said, looking up at me. "Ever since the first time I spoke to you, I've known your stance on this, but I have to ask you anyway... Without a human, we can't go anywhere in this world. Will you... guide my crusade? You're right when you say we're weak, and I and others may die, but justice will not die. As long as you can carry the message of justice, there will always be Moemon who flock to that flag."
From behind the bar he took out an armful of yellow kerchiefs. He tied one around his own neck, letting it drape over one of his arms on the side. He then handed me the rest.
"What about the bar?" I asked. Siegfried was mildly successful, for a Moemon business owner.
"I'll burn it when we leave... and... if I should die..." he turned away from me, so I couldn't see the sudden weakness in his eyes. He finished the sentence in a voice barely above a whisper "... bring my ashes here, and scatter them among the ashes of my home."

"Ha! What would a lazy log like you know about justice?" Satoko the Poochyena had been arguing with Rika the Lotad ever since the two of them had showed up to our first recruiting. Rika was too laid back to take notice, though, and merely nodded at whatever Satoko said, sometimes yawning or shifting her sombrero to keep the sun out of her eyes.

Satoko folded her arms, still glaring at Rika as I tied the yellow kerchief around her neck. Rika gave me a lazy smile.
"Just stay behind me, alright? D-don't read into that too much! Just because we're neighbors doesn't mean I'm going to die for you or anything! I just don't want to have to come home and tell your family that you died out here!"

"Satoko! Rika!" All I could do was shout for them. They were surrounded by an ugly gang of Poochyenas, thugs from the town. I hadn't trained them enough. They weren't ready for this! I had hoped to toughen them up more before they had to face their first real battle against the corporate machine.
"Coach~" Rika called out to me, amazingly serene among the snarling from the gangsters. She waved something so I could see, and the sun glinted off of silvery metal. "I'm borrowing these, okay~?"
It took me a second before I recognized the seed pistols a man had given me earlier.
Suddenly the snarling from the toughs fell silent. In a burst of energy the likes of which she had never shown, Rika spun the two pistols in her fingers, deftly passing them from hand to hand, twirling them until they were chrome blurs.
Then she seized her sombrero and tossed it high into the air.
Then she spun, around and around. She would pause, arms pointing in different directions, and Poochyenas would fall with a yelp and a crack of gunfire. Faster and faster Rika whirled, bullets flying swift and true out of the small dust devil that began to surround her.
In moments it was over. Rika caught the sombrero as it fell and replaced it on her head. Her once watery blue poncho was now green, and her lazy smile had been replaced by a confident smirk.
"Satoko~ make sure to stay behind me," she said with a toothy grin.

Satoko threw up a cloud of dust and the rocky bruisers had to cover their eyes. That moment of hesitation was all the nimble Rika needed. Dodging forward past Satoko she drew her pistols and fired again and again. By the time the dust had cleared only the corporate swine of a human was left.

She raised her chin as she looked at me.
"What is it you hope to accomplish here?" she asked me.
Siegfried ran out, shouting.
"Me! You ask me! You humans won't even look at us! You think every Moemon in this world is just something for humans to own and use! You pig, you look at me! You talk to ME!"
"Sieg!" I called, trying to stop him. There was fire in his eyes and fists as he plunged straight for the gym leader. Straight into her trap. I saw her eyes flash and a nasty grin split her face.
The rocks beneath Sieg's feet suddenly split and rose, folding around the Torchick like a fist. He had only an instant to look back at me, all those brave emotions replaced by sudden terror as he realized his time had come. Then the earth swallowed him, and his flame was doused forever.

"So this is the extent of your justice? I shouldn't have expected much from a ragtag bunch of small town kids," May sneered.

The revolution was in shambles. Two poisoned, barely able to stand. One down and bleeding, bound for death if I didn't get her to a hospital and fast.
Athrun stepped forward.
"Athrun, stay back! You haven't finished your training!" I yelled.
"I'm no good for this fighting stuff, coach," Athrun said in his normal slow, steady voice. He took up a position between May's Torkoal and the others. "I got a big body, and I can take a beatin'. That's what I'm here for. You see to the others, coach. I'll buy y'all some time."
It wasn't my place to argue. I was just overseeing this revolution, I couldn't spit on the sacrifices these kids were making. As quick as I could I bandaged Satoko, who was the most hale of the group at that point.
As soon as she could stand Satoko rushed forward.
"Athrun! You did it! Stand back now, big sis is gonna take care of..."
Athrun was still standing, but when Satoko saw his face she went white as a sheet and her words froze on her lips.
With a howl of rage she threw herself at the Torkoal.
Athrun was still standing, but his eyes were unfocused and empty, looking off into a distant place no living creature could see.
I gently laid him out on the ground and carefully closed his eyes for the last time.

Rika stared down the Meditite, hands poised over the grips of her pistols. The corporate shill who ran this gym was watching confidently, arms folded.

As both Moemon let out a long breath, it happened.
The Meditite and Rika both whipped their arms around. There was the sound of a shot, and a horrible crunching sound.
Blood blossomed on the Meditite's chest, and for an instant I felt a thrill. Rika, my little gunslinger, had faced down her greatest challenge yet.
But then Satoko yelled "RIKA!" and I looked.
Rika was falling, crumpling backwards. Her sombrero floated up into the air, then slowly came to settle over her face.

Mu was coughing blood, and it was clear the blows from the enemy had broken something in his frail body. His powerful wind magic had taken its toll on the opponent, but only fate knew who would fall first.

I had tried to patch him up as best I could, but the fierce strikes from the martial artist Moemon were inflicting more than just cuts and bruises.
I looked at the others. Anyone I put out would instantly die to the monster before us. I couldn't give the bastard gym leader anything else to smirk about.
"This revolution is in fate's hands, as it ever was," Mu said, in his gentle, breezy voice. He wiped the blood from his mouth with one delicate hand. He was never meant to be a fighter, with a fragile body like that.
"You can take him," I said, gritting my teeth and fighting back the tears. "You can do this."
Mu threw himself into one last attack, summoning the wind with his beautiful wings.
When the dust settled, Mu lay at the feet of his opponent, and rose no more. The Makuhita looked like it had been through a wood chipper, yet still it stood. No emotion crossed its face. It had no will of its own left. Just another cog in the machine.
Before I could react Maria pushed past me. She had shown promise, packing a mighty punch despite her creampuff appearance. I had high hopes for her. Hopes that could be dashed in an instant if she took a single hit from the devastating foe.
But before the Makuhita could even register her approach, Maria slammed her open palm into the Makuhita's chest.
This time, it was the Makuhita who fell, never to rise again.

We returned in silence to where it had all started.

We were only three now. Me, Maria and Satoko. We were numb from all the losses.
The place that had once been Siegfried's Saloon was now a franchised Moemon bar run by the corporation. A human tended the bar, and he dispensed drinks without a word to the moemon customers, who silently sat at their stools and drank with no levity.
We sat at a table, and a long silence passed between us.

"This revolution started with one mon, and it can continue with two. The flame has not died!" I spoke with the spirit of Siegfried. I tried to paint for them the picture of a free future that he had once showed me.
"We'll start again. As many times as it takes. As long as there's a mon that longs for justice. Until the world changes, or until we are all swallowed by the machine."

Gotta love them stray crits... :(

Rest in Peace Honou (Numel) ... you will be missed greatly. :cry:

I just kind of stared at the screen for ten seconds... not realizing what had just happened. Crits are a bitch.

Worst part is it happened during a grinding session. Got 100-0'd by an Absol.

Geeeeehhhh.

Current Party:

fcd77d2965.jpg

It's over.

I did all I could to have a team ready for Wattson.

Then his stupid 'hi I resist everything ever' Magneton wiped my entire team because even when I could basically put it to sleep every other round nothing on my team could actually damage it enough. One by one it got off lucky shots and killed everyone.

I feel kind of sick. I told myself I might try again if I game over'd, maybe be a little more careful this next time through, but I don't think I can just pick up and go back into it again. It's really emotionally draining.

So I guess I'm the first one to get a real wipe/game over. Good luck everyone, don't end up like I did.

Maybe I'll have better luck next time, I'll just need a few days to recover.

Edit: That feeling when you have two mons left, one in critical condition and paralyzed and one that will die in one shot to an electric type and the knowledge that the gym leader's strongest mon hasn't even been sent out yet, is pretty much the worst thing ever. I might as well have just switched off the game then.

And I was so happy because after losing nearly everyone I was just starting to bring together an awesome team again. Man seriously, this is the worst.

To late Getsuya-san... I've already lost... I-It's... It's over...

kFXrVEz.png

Welp, time to play the game normally now I suppose.

Edit: And actually have fun RELAXING and stuff... I also have some stuff I never finished in Crystal as well... I should play that after Emerald...

Edit2: Oh, but don't worry guys, I'll still be here to gloat about how I caught 'em all. :holo: And laugh at your failures...

Edited by Shikomizue