Pokémon Emerald: Moemon + Nuzlocke Challenge :D

Zenophilious

I had some free time, so I decided to get this rolling... And I got out of the control immediately.

Day 1

Today was a huge day. We finally moved to that new town mom was fussing about. It's kind of small, but nice. Our neighbours are nice too, though that girl, May, seemed kind of shy. Dad also showed up in television once again, I don't really care since we never see him, but Mom seemed happy.

I also met the pokemon professor, who is supposed to be famous or something, but to me he seemed kind of dumb. I mean what kind of professor lets himself to be ridiculed by a wild pokemon. Well, I guess he's a good guy since he let me keep the Torchick that helped me to save him. She's my first pokemon and she's awesome. I named her Chiaki. 

The professor asked me to find May and let her explain what it means to be trainer. Is he too lazy to explain himself or does he want us to get to know each other better? I don't mind either way, she seemed nice enough. I'll go meet May tomorrow, I heard from her mom that she went to explore some other route. Today we are going to rest well and prepare for our trip. I'm little worried about travelling the tall grass, but I trust Chiaki. She wasn't one bit scared when we were fighting against that Zigzagoon.

Me and Chiaki get along well, though I would appreciate if she didn't conquer my pillow all the time. 

I don't how detailed the narration will be in future, I'll just write what whatever I feel like.

Feel free to give suggestions, comments or something.

I should be collapsing and going to sleep right now after a super hard day of work followed by a company party that I had to MC and give a big presentation at... but heck I have the day off tomorrow anyway (or half of it anyway) so I might as well get started tonight. I'm going full on weaboo and playing the Japanese version of Emerald for this. I figure I'll give updates as little fiction vignettes. I don't want to try writing a full-blown story since that would take forever and I don't have enough of a concept to carry it, so instead I'm just going to give little flashes of important or dramatic scenes.

Going with the normal rules because the one time I tried a Nuzlocke (on Pokemon Black) I got my butt handed to me pretty darn quick at the first gym. I will be naming all Pokemon after my anime waifus and husbandos (well... I might throw a few non-anime husbandos in there since I have more novel husbandos than anime ones).

Edit: Incidentally did you know there was a series of Moemon Visual Novels? I figured this would be of immense interest to folks on this forum:http://www20.atwiki.jp/moemon-novel/pages/1.html

Japanese only, sadly, though I doubt they'd be too long for someone to translate. There's 4 in the 'Sweet Pockets' series, with 4 sets of omake as well.

Alright guys. I started, and I now present you with... the intro bit, dramatized. For the sake of storytelling and my time, I skip over some stuff. Also, I probably won't continue this, as I just wanted to have some fun with writing. This is a pretty quick story, so don't expect much quality. :P

Anyway, here we go:

So I guess Mom and Dad finally decided it was time to move.

Dad says he moves for work and Mom just gets up and leaves everything without a second thought.

Geez, you would think she is my dad's slave or some shit.

They didn't even ask for my input.

They just came to my room one day and told me we were leaving. Just like that.

Of course, Dad never came to my room.

He was never home to begin with.

I had to leave things behind too...

But you guys never even thought about that...

And do you want to know the worst part about this?

YOU MADE ME RIDE IN THE FREAKING MOVING VAN!!!

Seriously? Are you trying to kill me?

What if one of those boxes fell over and crushed my little ten year old head? Bet you would feel pretty bad about moving then wouldn't ya?

You guys rode in the car on the way here, and there was even some room left in the backseat but noooooooooooooo, I had to ride in the moving van.

It doesn't take much to move a few boxes so I can sit with you two!!!

You guys are terrible parents.

I feel a sudden jolt, and I am pulled out of my dark reverie.

Light pours in like a thousand suns as they opened up the hatch door.

But no... it's only one sun... and it's fucking bright.

I scramble out of the moving fan and let the fresh air of the new town fill my chest.

After so long in a moving van, even breathing in the stench of a Grimer would be great right now.

I walk straight into the house, ignoring my mom's attempts to ask me how the trip was.

It was terrible of course, not that she cares or anything.

She doesn't get it.

She'll never get it.

I run up to my room, passed the movers, and flop on my bed.

At least my room is already put together.

With a deep sigh, I bury my head into my pillow and take in the familiar scent.

At least I still have this.

Finding a small happiness in this, I roll over and stare at my new room.

It was just like my room back home.

But this... wasn't home.

On a whim, I decided it was probably a good time to set the clock hanging on the wall.

11:24 (<<<legit time)

Slowly I walk over to my dresser, and find all of my clothes already tucked away neatly in nicely folded piles.

Auto-Pilot on.

I change out of the filthy clothes I had been wearing beforehand on the trip here.

"Lino~! Come down stairs! Your dad is on TV!!!"

Great.

Just great.

I don't care Mom.

Dad can get roasted by a dozen Fire Blasts for all I care.

Or better yet, he can get hit by one of those Machoke's Cross Chops, as he hates martial arts for some reason.

Which makes me wonder... why the hell did he hire a moving company that hires out Machoke when he absolutely hates martial arts???

Putting every bit of my chagrin into my steps, I stomp my way downstairs, giving my mom a look that screamed how much I didn't want to be here.

Of course, as usual, she didn't notice at all.

Instead, she started rambling as she always does.

"Ah, you just missed him."

Here she goes.

She always gets like this when she starts talking about Dad.

I wish she would just realize that I...

"He is so busy with his Gym work, he even had to..."

... don't care.

"... he has a friend in town. You know, you should..."

I don't care.

"... daughter about your age..."

I don't care!

"... say hel-"

"I don't care!!!"

Practically yelling in her stupid face, I turn and run straight out the door, not wanting to wait for a response.

Why does it have to be this way?

Why did we have to move?

Why does she have to pretend like she cares?!

Why?

Why?

Why?!

Without thinking, I race out of the town limits.

Some little girl tried to warn me about something, but I don't have time for that.

No. I don't have time for anything.

I race forward, almost tripping over a bag somebody had left haphazardly under the shade of a great oak, its contents spilling across the ground.

People need to be more careful with their stuff.

"SOMEBODY HELLLLLP!!!"

A tremor shoots through my body as a guttural yell rips through the air, stopping me in my tracks.

Without thinking, I turn behind me and run over to the origin of the voice.

Oh boy, this is actually kind of amusing.

Nipping at the heels of a middle-aged man clad in a lab coat was a small Moemon.

That's a Poochyena right?

I had read up on the various types of Moemon that inhabited this region before moving here for good measure.

After all, I was getting to be that age.

I could finally leave my parents.

There wouldn't be any need for me to get settled in to this new place.

I could travel the world instead.

Together with my Moemon I would get stronger. Strong enough to face Dad even.

I'll definitely do it.

With certainty.

All of this would be happening any day now.

Any day now, and I would be going on my Moemon journe-

"FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS! PLEASE HELP ME!!!"

Seems he noticed me.

Rude.

"But sir, Arceus hasn't even been discovered ye-"

"I DON'T CARE PLEASE JUST HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!"

Without another word, I calmly walk closer to the screaming man.

I position myself outside of the circumference of the circle that they are been running in.

Slowly, I draw back my right foot and wait.

The small Moemon pays me no heed and continues trying to make a meal out of the poor man's ankles.

Now!

With all the strength I can muster, I send my foot flying at the Moemon.

*crack*

Catching the Moemon in the leg, it goes flying into the tall grass behind it with a small yelp.

Ah... that felt really good. (Don't look at me like that, it probably didn't even do 4HP worth of damage!)

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

The man kept screaming, not even noticing that I had disposed of the Moemon.

This guy is a pretty big coward.

Leaving him to his screaming, I look over to the bag underneath the great oak.

Three Moeballs lay in a pile of mud.

I know I shouldn't, but the curiosity is just too much to bear.

I grab a hold of one the balls at random and throw out the contents.

A cute little Moemon flies out of the Moeball in a bright flash like one million suns.

But no, once again... it is just the sun... and it is still fucking bright.

They took out the bright flash of the Moeball years ago because people wouldn't stop complaining.

I look down at the little guy in a daze.

This is a... Torchic... right?

It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

The Torchic looks around with a curious look on its face, almost as if trying to get its bearings.

It tries to take a step forward, but ends up falling forward in an overly dramatic crash.

I couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

"Ha ha ha ha... Don't you know how to walk?"

Not able to suppress the small smile on my face, I help the little Torchic stand up, lightly patting it on the head.

It turns around and looks me in the eyes almost immediately.

Holy shit... were their eyes always this big?! They didn't look this big in the book!

I couldn't tell what the Moemon was thinking as it continued staring me down.

Somehow, it's kind of cute.

With a start, it suddenly jumps toward my leg!

"Uwa-"

Almost harmonizing my yell with the screaming man's, I flinch and close my eyes, awaiting some sort of pain to follow.

But there was no pain followup.

Opening one eye through a wince, I look down at my feet.

The Moemon is right beside me, eyes closed, rubbing its head against my leg.

In an instant, I feel my heart melting as I stare at the small creature at my feet.

Is this what it means to be chosen by a Moemon?

I think they called this "Imprinting" in class or something.

I take the Torchic up in my arms and look it in the eyes.

Content.

Pure, honest, content.

"Does this mean you chose me, eh? Little guy."

The Moemon nods with a small look of delight spread across its face.

This was it.

This is what I was waiting for.

The key to leaving this wretched life behind.

I don't need to go back home and say goodbye even.

I have my wallet with me, so I can easily just get on the road and go.

That... and I stole one of my mother's credit cards before leaving Johto.

I was ready to start my Moemon journey.

There could never be a happier moment in m-

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO GIVE A NICKNAME TO TORCHIC!?!?!"

Practically scaring me out of my skin, I look around in a panic and see the screaming lab-coat man staring at me.

He looks at me for a moment, and then immediately starts screaming again, restarting his circle.

This guy is out of his mind.

But a nickname... eh?

I tried thinking of any possibly good nicknames for this little guy.

Nothing.

With a sigh... I took a deep breath of the fresh summer air.

Summer...

Summer...

Summer...?

I slowly look down at the Moemon in my arms and smile.

"What do you think about that... Natsu?"

For those who did not feel like reading that thing... here is a summary:

• Chose Torchic
  • Nicknamed him Natsu
  • Prof. Birch is a wimp.

Going to have fun with this run. I've never done a Nuzlocke before, but I can tell I am going to have my heart ripped out at some point. Feels abound! ^_^

I don't get the duplicate rule.

Say, I get to a new area (what defines an "area" in pokemon terms?) and let's say I have a Zubat, if the first enemy I see in the new area is a Zubat can I ignore that and capture the first pokemon I encounter in the area which I have not captured already?

I don't get the duplicate rule.

Say, I get to a new area (what defines an "area" in pokemon terms?) and let's say I have a Zubat, if the first enemy I see in the new area is a Zubat can I ignore that and capture the first pokemon I encounter in the area which I have not captured already?

Exactly. I'm pretty sure the sign at the top left of the screen tells you when you're in a new area.

I having a blast with this challenge. Playing, writing my bad narrative, it's all really exiting. This is the most fun I've had with a pokemon in quite a while.

Day 2

I went to see May today. Journey wasn't as scary as I though, the wurmples were no challenge for Chiaki. When I finally found May she wanted to battle. That fight was scary but we managed to win it. I didn't even have  to use the freebie potion I got from the neighboring town. After returning to home with May I got pokedex from the professor.  Now I understand why he's so bad with pokemon, he outsources his work to his daughter. I guess I got dragged in as well, but this good excuse to go on a adventure. I even got the pokeballs from May so I can find new friends.

Mom was oddly supportive of my idea, she even gave me new shoes. Though the conversation immediately turned to one about dad, so I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to feel.  We'll see how my adventure goes, but at least it will beat sitting at home. I'm really looking forward to finding new pokemon friends.

Day 3

I managed to travel through route 102, but it was quite the challenge. I thought we were ready for proper fights, but the first trainer battle taught me to not ever overestimate ourselves. Better be safe than sorry. I also found our new friend, a Wurmple called Wata. He is really sweet little guy.

In Petalburg city I went to see dad. He try tried to sound enthusiastic about us moving to a new home, but to me it didn't sound like he cared. He seemed more happy about my pokemons and the possibility of fighting me one day. And then he forced me to help some wimpy kid to catch a pokemon and sent me away. I think he only cares about fighting.

During my trip to route 104 Wata evolved and Chiaki learned how to use fire, so we held a celebratory feast on the beach. We grilled some berries on a campfire and watched the setting sun. 

Day 4
In Petalburg woods we met our third member, Poochyena I named Ryouken. He's really nice and docile, he and Wata are already getting along. During our initial training with Ryouken, a really lucky Taillow almost had Wata and him. Those pecks did some critical damage, but Chiaki saved the day. We are all relying on our arrogant heroine.

After that incident the woods weren't as scary, but I was quite frightened when a robbery happened. Some man got assaulted and he tried hide behind me. The robber didn't really care, so I had to defend against him. What kind of adult hides behind children and puts them in danger? Luckily the thug's pokemon wasn't that strong, but still. I would have never forgiven those that guy if something had happened to my friends.

In Rustboro city an unpleasant surprise awaited me. The gym is rock-type. All my pokemons are weak to rock, so I'm afraid that something bad will happen. I couldn't even find help on route 115. I'm getting nervous.

Wata evolved and got stronger again, I feel like he's trying to cheer me up. I think we can do this if we train enough. I trust my friends.

If you don't care about my ramblings, my team is following:
- Lvl. 13 Torchic - Chiaki
- Lvl. 10 Beautifly - Wata
- Lvl. 9 Poochyena - Ryouken 

Everytime I play Pokemon, I remember my long-lost Sapphire cartridge...

I'm too playing, standart rules + two additionals:

-Each bag slot hold up a total of 20 itens (except, of course Key Items, and HMs doesn't account)..

-Using MoeCenter "costs" money: Highest level among all Moemons * 50 --> Buy items from shop and throw away.

As a uninspired one, My Moemons wil be nicknamed after Fuwanovel users:

rnqG3D3.png

Until now SakashimA doesn't seem to wanting friends, K.O.ing ever first-area Moemon to appear with an accurate critical hit.

Update time!

New members: A Slakoth named Aki, a Whismer named Raicho (Both of which I'm not going to use, 'cause their moves are bleh.) and a level 8 Magicrap named Masako.

Levels: Hiroko: lvl 13. Haru who eveolved into Grovyle: lvl 17. Kazue: lvl 11. Kuniko: lvl 11. Mayumi: lvl 13.

Current location: Dewford town.

Currently owned pokemon moemon: 21

Dude, Hyperbeam Slaking is insane. It can basically solo the game.

Maybe, but that's not my style. I like to battle smartly, super effective moves and all that. Plus, Hyperbeam takes one turn to charge dosen't it? I don't like being open to attack like that unless I know I can defeat the enemy.

Slaking always has to skip a turn, because of it's ability. But in return, Slaking's base stats are higher than Groudon's. 

Hyperbeam is the perfect attack, because it takes the wasted turn to charge and deals a lot of damage, since it's a normal attack done by a normal pokemon.

'Bout to challenge Roxxane with my two moemons, Sanae and Akane. This is actually the first pokemon playthrough I've ever done- trying a nuzlocke like this is pretty fun.

Wish me luck.

kZcofqJ.png

BVQ6nvc.png

Edit: changed my mind after Sanae almost died to a random rock type from one of the trainers before Roxxane. Gotta play safe. 

Until now SakashimA doesn't seem to wanting friends, K.O.ing ever first-area Moemon to appear with an accurate critical hit....

... I restarted because apparently I was so zonked last night that I thought the rule was that you had to catch the first -type- of Pokemon you encountered in each area so if I KOd the first one I'd wait until I met another and catch it. Which, now that I think about it, is way too easy.

Oh well, that's only like an hour of playing lost, no biggie.

Reaching Rustboro City, I know that SakashimA have advantage, but going with only one Moemon seems a waste...

Soo, firstly I go to route 116, hoping that this time finally SakashimA let me capture another girl.

Waifus heard me, and a wild Taillow comes to my team.

Adding a RIP section to the OP for each user's deceased Moemon (that you've mentioned here).  I crie evrytme

Honestly, I'm too burned out right now to handle the stress that is Nuzlocke.  I'll try to get some playtime in this evening, but geez, I'm burnt.  Long drives in the heat just take the life out of me.