Kagura Douchuuki on Greenlight

I think there's a lot of people who would enjoy playing Debonosu's games--if they don't end up as gutted, unreadable MoeNovel'ed messes.  What really scares me is that such a mess could become a hit on Steam--and then the English market will be flooded with "me too's".  It's a dystopian nightmare that keeps me awake at night.

Steam is filled with ignorant plebeians who just accept stuff as they are once they get Westernized and ignore their origins and what they truly are. I cried when I saw Konosora get butchered by MoeNovel and distributed by Steam. Trash like that should never be on the market.

I played Kagura Douchuuki and their art is pretty amazing on CGs. Reminds me of Alicesoft with some of them. What I like about getting CGs in this game is you can get them in all sorts of ways, not just selecting dialogues and progressing through the game and there's actually some gameplay involved. Some involve losing, backtracking, and there's some CGs from sidequests by helping the other villagers.

Also gotta love that my xbox controller works with this game! Not a lot of eroge games can do that! lol

Removing the H content in this game is literally stripping the game of all it does best. It's like Makoto from School Days without his unfaithfulness or Saber from Fate Stay Night without excalibur. It just wont work and youre completely transforming it to something else.

The gameplay elements in debonosu's games are actually not bad at all. I remember having a lot of fun with the dragon raising simulator one (although there were some story themes that pissed me off). The one in this game is decent as well, although I personally don't like restarting at level 1 just with better items every time you exit the forest. 

There is also a "level 1 mode" in the original release where you are stuck at level 1 the entire game and you need to constantly upgrade your gear and pretty much avoid damage whenever you can. The challenge is actually enjoyable because the gameplay becomes a pointless joke on Easy mode with you 1shotting everything.

Other games I like from debonosu are Kurenai Kagura and Chaos Labyrinth.

• 1 month later...

So the game is now out on steam...no sign of adult patch and they are trying to ask 20 dollars for a poorly translated mediocre h-less mess.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/378790

For those who want to be even more dumbfounded the game received an E rating...don't expect anything of value.

Mild Language, Alcohol and Tobacco Reference, Comic Mischief, Simulated Gambling, and Edutainment.

It seems this company learned from moenovel on how to release a visual novel.

Edited by kyrt

Removing the H-content removes a good 75% of the game. I know it might be an exaggeration but it actually it is in this game. I know this personally since I beat and 100% 4 of these Kagura games and a couple of Debonosu's games (Chaos Labyrinth and Senjin Otome, both of which are amazing vns with gameplay and awesome CG/scenes). I've seen sanahtlig and Sekai Project bring up a ton of issues with them but they are mostly ignored, showing how arrogant these guys are and don't want to see a bigger potential in the long run.  

If you are looking for this game somewhere, you might not find it anymore on some game download sites since Debonosu actually took some effort to have them all taken down but if you search by its Japanese name on the internet: 神楽道中記 then you might get lucky and find a source where you can also download most of Debonosu's works. I'll just leave it at that since we're not really suppose to encourage downloading illegally. 

Then, I used these sites to help me understand the game more. Use google translate or auto translate tool/s on your browser: 

Walkthrough: http://miko.org/~siroyata/kouryaku/kagura_dotyuki.html

Item information: http://miko.org/~siroyata/kouryaku/kagura_dotyuki_2.html

If you got the basics down from those, it will help you immensely on the other Kagura games too since they somewhat use the same mechanic. 

The perk of the "game over rape" is what sells this game and most of Debonosu's works. Not a lot of companies have the effort to do "outcome/possibilities/scenarios" after that dreaded game over screen but Debonosu took it down a notch and actually made it "worth it" to lose on purpose. :holo: It's an amazing genre and Debonosu should not be embarrassed about it. There's all sorts of H-scenes that cater to all types of fetishes including romantic vanilla sex, tentacles, yuri, bondage, underwater sex, NTR, and even furry sex if you're into that.... :wahaha: There are also countless of ways to get a bad ending for each character, if your mikos get raped too many times in their vagina, butt, or even raped so many times even after being "purified" (up to 20 times) and they become a nymphomaniac (I love these bad endings since they are absolutely erotic). Each demon/enemy (and there's about 20+ of them too!!!) also has 3-4 H-scenes EACH depending on whether it had sex with your mikos for the first time, the second time, and the time that will result in a game over. From all of that, that's roughly 40-50% of the game cut out already from the Steam version. Bye bye 100+ CGs and Scenes... :jinpou:

The other 25-35% content cut comes dialogue omissions/removal/censoring and from not having included Vol 2 add-on which features a new dungeon and a boss and Vol 3 with a new playable character (Koharu) who is a miko girl with moe and cat girl mannerisms. She's actually my favorite from all the other mikos (Ibuki and Nazuna). It's really disappointing since this is one of the VNs with gameplay that I really like and Debonosu just treated it like garbage and is getting so much hate in the Steam forums. If 18+ version was ever released, pretty sure a good majority of all players who said bad things about it would retract their statement because it is a really decent game for its H-scenes/gameplay.

Edited by CeruleanGamer