List of All VNs with English Partial Patches and Their Progress

Decay

LISTS LISTS LISTS LISTS LISTS LISTS LISTS LISTS

Some people like to read VNs as soon as humanly possible. Some like to just preview the translations to come. Sometimes a translation is abandoned part way through, never to finish. Whatever reason they may have, many like to read partial translations. Plenty of VNs make this easy due to their route-based structure. You can often get a complete story even if there are only one or two routes available. However, despite there being a resource to list all VNs completely translated, there is none to list those that are only partially translated. This list will encompass both translations currently in progress and those that are not. It will NOT, however, cover the current progress of in-translation projects, it will only tell you how much is available in its released partial patch. If you want to keep up to date of all translations currently in progress, please follow the VNTS updates arranged by Tay and I, and follow the VNTL-Moon update aggregator.

Note: This post will not cover interface or machine translations. There needs to be at least some manual translation of the story text. When possible, I will try to link to the project pages, but sometimes those are no longer available.

In-progress translations

(These are patches for VNs with currently active projects that wish to release a complete translation eventually)

Amagami (patch links, copy and paste them from the page) - Translates the first day (project page)

Bishoujo Mangekyou -Norowareshi Densetsu no Shoujo- (patch link) - Translates the prologue.

Clover Day's (patch link) - Translates the common route only.

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai (patch link) - Translates the Kana, Ureshino, and Shirasaki normal routes. (project page)

Dracu-riot! (patch link) - Translates Elina, Azusa, Rio, Nicola, and half of Miu's route, 90% total translation. (Old project dead, new project here)

Hara Kano!! (patch link) - Translates everything except the Hiyo h-scenes, which is being translated by another person.

Hinomaru (patch link) - Translates most of Hina's route.

Irotoridori no Sekai (patch link) - Translates the prologue only. (There is another older partial patch covering the same content from a different long-dead translation project here)

Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki (licensed) - Translates the Mio and Konami routes.

Little Busters ME/EX (licensed) - Takes the completed regular Little Busters translation and makes it compatible with ME/EX, does not translate any of the new stuff.

Mahoutsukai no Yoru (patch link/torrent mirror) - Demo translation (old project dead, new project here)

Majo Koi Nikki (patch link) - Translates the free trial.

Monmusu Quest! Paradox RPG (patch link) - Translates the demo content.

Musumaker (patch link) - 15%/common route patch.

Muv-Luv Altered Fable (patch link) - Translates Sumika, Meiya and Kashiwagi routes.

Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Vol.2 (patch link) - Translates The Day After 01 only.

Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (licensed) - Translates the Houzuki route only, nothing else. (it's also the only part that matters) Licensed by Frontwing, patch removed.

Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi (patch link) - Translates the common route.

Sumaga (licensed) Translated the Spica route and half of the Garnet route. Patch is unavailable due to the game being licensed. JAST claims to be releasing it this year.

Sweet Pool (patch link) - "Chaotically" translates the whole game, only half of it is edited, none of it is TLCed/QCed. (final, fixed patch is almost done)

Tenshin Ranman (licensed) - Translates the prologue. Project homepage is down, patch was lost. SP license makes this moot.

To Heart 2 XRated (patch link) - 100% translation, but still in an unfinished beta due to having unedited routes.

Witch's Garden (patch link) - Translate the prologue.

Wonderful Everyday - Discontinuous Existence(SubaHibi) (licensed) - A "leaked" patch translated around 80% of the game but it has since been licensed and the patch removed.

Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na (patch link) - Translates every route, but most lack editing or QC, some text in CGs are untranslated. Note: requires the original partial patch to work.

Yosuga no Sora (patch link) - Translates the Sora and Kazuha routes.

Abandoned/Dropped/Stalled translations

(these are patches for VNs with projects that are either in limbo or outright dead. You are unlikely to ever get a more comprehensive translation)

11eyes -Tsumi to Batsu to Aganai no Shoujo- (patch link) - Translates the web trial.

3days ~Til Death Do Us Part~ (patch link) - Short trial.

Aiyoku no Eustia (patch link) - Translates to the end of the Fione story.

Akai Ito (PS2) (patch link) - Translates Yumei route and part of Uzuki's route.

Akatsuki no Goei (patch link) - Translates the common route only. (old project dead, new project here - update: both projects dead??)

ALICE=ALICE (patch link) - Demo translation.

Amairo*Islenauts (patch link) - Prologue teaser.

Anonono (link LOST/torrent no longer seeded) - Demo translation  translation website

-atled- (patch link) - Preview patch

Battle Flyer Itsuki (link LOST) - Translates the first 21% of the game. If anyone knows where to find the patch, please PM me.

Chaos;Head Noah (patch link) - Translates the common route. IOS version only. 

Concerto Note (patch link) - Translates the prologue only.

Daiteikoku (patch link) - Translates 35% of the story.

Da Capo Plus Communication (patch link) - Translates Kotori, Alice, Tamaki, and Kanae routes. <- Some of these aren't in the MangaGamer release.

Dance Of The Shrine Maidens (patch link) - Demo translation.

Devils Devel Concept (patch link) - Translates 20% of the game. NOTE: A more complete 25% patch was made but is unavailable. If anyone knows where to find it, please PM me.

Divi-Dead (patch link) - An abandoned retranslation effort, translates the first day of the story.

dote up a cat (patch link) - Translates Umi and Nami's chapters.

Final Examination Kujira (link LOST/torrent no longer seeded) - Demo translation  translation website

Fortune Arterial (patch link) - Translates Kiriha, Kanade, and Shino routes. (old project dead, new project here - update: double dead??)

Gore Screaming Show (patch link) - Translates the prologue and Day 1.

Hakarena Heart (patch link) - Trial translation.

Hani Hani ~Operation Sanctuary~ (link LOST/torrent no longer seeded) - Demo translation  translation website

Haramasete Seiryuu-kun (link LOST) - Partial patch v0.3.5  Zansho Translation

Haratsuma Nurse!! (patch link) - Translates common route

Haru no Ashioto (link LOST/torrent no longer seeded) - Demo translation  translation website

Hatsukoi (patch link) - Translates Anzu and Yusumi routes.

Himekishi Lilia (link LOST) - Preview patch  translation website

Izanai (patch link) - Trial translation.

Jooubachi no Oubou (patch link) - Trial translation.

Kichiku Megane (patch LOST) - Translates common route. If anyone knows where to find the patch, please PM me.

Knight & Princess (patch link) - Translates pretty much just the prologue.

Kono Mama ja, Ane to SEX Shite Shimau!? (patch link) - Translates to the end of Day 11, includes 7 of Ayame's scenes out of 11.

Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate (patch link) - Translates Yukino and Ren routes. (old project dead, new project here)

Lamento -Beyond the Void- (patch link) - Teaser patch

Lamune (patch link/h-scene patch) - Translates the Nanami route. H-scenes are untranslated, download the other patch as well to translate them.

Lilith-Izm03 (patch link) - Translates 63% of the game. NOTE: A more complete 75% patch was made but is unavailable. If anyone knows where to find it, please PM me.

M&M Enchanting Magic & Sweet Charms (link LOST) - Demo V2 patch  translation website

Maison de M (patch link) - 9.16% translated.

Majipuri -Wonder Cradle- (link LOST/torrent no longer seeded) - Demo translation  translation website

Masked Torturer (patch link) - 29% translated

Mizuiro (patch link / menu patch) - Translates the Hiyori route.

Morenatsu. (patch link) - Translates... several routes. I don't know which.  :sachi:

Mother/Daughter Lesson (patch link) - 80% translated.

Osu Mesu Time Slip! (patch link) - Translates the prologue and "master route". 

Oyako Rankan (patch link) - Prologue patch.

Polyphonica (link LOST/torrent no longer seeded) - Demo translation  translation website

Popotan Po! (patch link) - Mystery patch. How much does it translate? Who knows!

Princess Lover (link LOST) - ANOTHER mystery patch! Isn't the sense of discovery this brings thrilling? Wait, it's not, because we can't find the danged thing to start with.  translation website

Prison Battleship 2 Complete Edition (patch link) - 45% translated.

Pure Pure (patch link) - Translates Chapter 1.

Rance Quest (patch link) - Demo translation.

Ratirica (patch link) - Trial translation.

Re:BIRTHDAY SONG (patch link) - Trial translation.

Real Imouto ga Iru (patch link) - Translated Demo

Sacred Plume (link LOST) - 20% translated. If anyone knows where to find the patch, please PM me.

Sakura Sakura (patch link) - Trial translation.

Sanarara R (patch link) - 15/103 scripts translated.

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica - Memories White (patch link) - Trial translation.

Shirotsume Souwa -Episode of the Clovers- (patch link) - Translates Chapter 1.

Shuukaku no Juunigatsu ~Fuyu~ (link LOST) - Trial version  translation website

Step -Our relationship, step by step- (patch link) - Trial translation.

The Space Between ~White Labyrinth~ (link LOST/torrent no longer seeded) - Demo translation  translation website

Thief and TROLL (patch link) - Story is 100% translated, many h-scenes are untranslated.

Thief & Sword (patch link) - Translates Shalt's route.

True Tears (link LOST/torrent no longer seeded) - Demo translation  translation website

Un:BIRTHDAY SONG (patch link) - Trial translation

Under the Moon (patch link) - Trial translation.

Xross Scramble (patch link) - Leaves the "Baldr Force Re-Action" portion untranslated.

Yaminabe Aries ~Asu e no Chousenjou~ (link LOST) - Translates the "Tail Tale" story, about a third of the game. If anyone knows where to find it, please PM me.

Your Diary (patch link) - Translates the prologue.

If any of these patch links appear dead, let me know and I will try to update them. Is there something you know about that isn't listed? Let me know about that, too! Remember to brush your teeth before going to bed and don't do drugs.

Shoutout to Arrakis for being a huge help and finding a lot of stuff.

6Dr807O.gif

Edited by Decay
Updated HaraKano, removed Kyonyuu Fantasy and Hunks Workshop, moved Tenshin Ranman and SnK fandisc to in-progress, marked as licensed.

Oh, about SubaHibi, there is actually a leaked partial translation patch that translates like 70% of the game but 1) The link I found was dead, and 2) I dunno about including an unofficial leaked patch (even though I'm pretty sure it was intentionally "leaked" by the translator on 4chan).

Also it is really hard to rapidly say the word "lists" out loud.

Oh, about SubaHibi, there is actually a leaked partial translation patch that translates like 70% of the game but 1) The link I found was dead, and 2) I dunno about including an unofficial leaked patch (even though I'm pretty sure it was intentionally "leaked" by the translator on 4chan).

didn't know about that it's almost done now 97% and probably it's going to stay like that for another 2 months...

That's weird. The patch I have of Sharin's FD has a complete English translation, I think. At the very least the start of the heroines' routes are in English. Idk but Touka's, Eri's and Natsumi's route are fully translated. I'll skip through the routes and see if it's incomplete.

Edit: Confirmed that the whole thing is translated. I have no idea where I got the patch since VNDB says it's only partially translated.

Edit 2: I checked TLWiki and it says that it's translated but it didn't go through Editing and QC. Idk if the patch there includes the heroines' routes tho..

All of the routes besides Houzuki's are machine TL'd (at least that's what I heard), which makes them basically untranslated for the purpose of reading and understanding it.  I seriously got a headache trying to read the terrible grammar and spelling in Sachi's route, and then I just gave up completely.  Might as well consider it partially translated, really.

Okay, so here's the deal with the Sharin FD. Everything that isn't the Houzuki route is machine translation. Someone on 4chan took the TLWiki partial patch and attached shoddy machine translation to it, and released it as a complete patch. I don't consider machine translations when I think about translation patches, so I make the claim that there is no proper complete FD patch and the TLWiki partial patch is the most comprehensive proper patch for that game.

I actually deleted the "complete" patch from VNDB tonight because I want to erase it from people's memories (and VNDB has a no machine translation policy)

Great work on your list Decay, seems like you've found lots of them already! Here's some partials I had archieved on hard disc for a rainy day. I uploaded them so feel free to add the links to your list if you want.

Three more for your list under Abandoned/Dropped/Stalled translations:

11eyes -Tsumi to Batsu to Aganai no Shoujo- (patch link)

-atled- (patch link) - Preview patch

Sumaga - Translates Spica route & Garnet 50%

and heres a copy of the Concerto Note Prologue Patch [AnimeNovel Translations]

For 11 eyes, I missed that but it doesn't cover 28% of the game. The 28% was the progress on the full patch, which they've dropped. 

For atled, why isn't this on VNDB? Who is it from? What's the quality? If it's machine translation, I'm not adding. edit: What version of atled is this even for?

Also interesting, I didn't know about the Sumaga partial, is that from the TLWiki team? Since these last two don't have VNDB entries, I'd want to get some manner of confirmation that they're legit before adding them. I'll probably try them out myself tomorrow if no one else can confirm them.

Thank you very much for the Concerto Note patch, although I'm pretty sure that's not actually the latest version (the latest version is from 2011). I actually downloaded it a month ago and deleted it, then forgot where I got it from, lol. 

About Little Busters EX, I wasn't sure what to do about that, since it's just the regular Little Busters complete translation haphazardly stapled onto ME/EX. I guess I should include it.

For 11 eyes, I missed that but it doesn't cover 28% of the game. The 28% was the progress on the full patch, which they've dropped. 

For atled, why isn't this on VNDB? Who is it from? What's the quality? If it's machine translation, I'm not adding. edit: What version of atled is this even for?

Also interesting, I didn't know about the Sumaga partial, is that from the TLWiki team? Since these last two don't have VNDB entries, I'd want to get some manner of confirmation that they're legit before adding them. I'll probably try them out myself tomorrow if no one else can confirm them.

Thank you very much for the Concerto Note patch, although I'm pretty sure that's not actually the latest version (the latest version is from 2011). I actually downloaded it a month ago and deleted it, then forgot where I got it from, lol. 

About Little Busters EX, I wasn't sure what to do about that, since it's just the regular Little Busters complete translation haphazardly stapled onto ME/EX. I guess I should include it.

The atled translation was discontinued many years ago. This old post referencing the project on the encubed website and the patch I posted is all that's left. The Concerto Note patch may very well not be the last one released as I download it in 2010.

The Sumaga patch is 100% legit, but was later pulled off the tlwiki with the announcement that JAST was licensing Nitro+ games. So they had it posted and later removed it. Which means people around at the time following the project got the partial while people who came along later did not. So basically it's a tlwiki release that’s no longer supported.

Also here's a link for the Da Capo Plus Communication partial patch.

Edit: Two more projects that might be worth adding to the list.

In-progress translations

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (patch link) - Common route & Chisato's route

Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na -Brighter than Dawning Blue- (patch link) - Common route, as well as Feena, Mia, Mai, Natsuki & Sayaka's routes

I'd say list it and if you get a takedown request then honour it.

The atled translation was discontinued many years ago. This old post referencing the project on the encubed website and the patch I posted is all that's left. The Concerto Note patch may very well not be the last one released as I download it in 2010.

The Sumaga patch is 100% legit, but was later pulled off the tlwiki with the announcement that JAST was licensing Nitro+ games. So they had it posted and later removed it. Which means people around at the time following the project got the partial while people who came along later did not. So basically it's a tlwiki release that’s no longer supported.

Also here's a link for the Da Capo Plus Communication partial patch.

Edit: Two more projects that might be worth adding to the list.

In-progress translations

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (patch link) - Common route & Chisato's route

Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na -Brighter than Dawning Blue- (patch link) - Common route, as well as Feena, Mia, Mai, Natsuki & Sayaka's routes

You're awesome, I needed someone who got some of this stuff as it was released. I don't know about Sumaga, I feel like we're liable to get attacked by Nitro+/JAST. I'll ask Tay. 

As for those others, I don't even know how I missed those. I'm gonna do another look over things to see if there was anything else incredibly obvious that I missed. That's actually kind of shameful. Sorry, guys. Also I'm putting Yoake into the in-progress category because I'm an optimistic guy. Thank you for filling in the gaps for me.