Dark Souls

HopefullyAHero

7 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

hey thats sounds great. its a shame about starting over but hopefully youll do much better this time.

It's actually pretty fun to start over and do everything better with next character and it doesn't take all that long to get back to where I am. I remember restarting the original Dark Souls at least two times. And now that I've gotten better with my new chara I can always go back to my old save.

I think I accidentally fell to the dark side. After last nights PVP spree I had 50 Pale Tongues (the item you get from killing the host) in my inventory. Butcher's Knife and throwing knives are all I need, and thanks to all the PVP I did I don't even need shield anymore. Shields are pretty bad in PVP, you get shield broken really fast and that's a free riposte.

1 minute ago, Turnip Sensei said:

It's actually pretty fun to start over and do everything better with next character and it doesn't take all that long to get back to where I am. I remember restarting the original Dark Souls at least two times. And now that I've gotten better with my new chara I can always go back to my old save.

I think I accidentally fell to the dark side. After last nights PVP spree I had 50 Pale Tongues (the item you get from killing the host) in my inventory. Butcher's Knife and throwing knives are all I need, and thanks to all the PVP I did I don't even need shield anymore. Shields are pretty bad in PVP, you get shield broken really fast and that's a free riposte.

well then thats good. :sachi:

im pretty much on the end of the game already, I just fought the most amazing boss in a souls game so far, it was freaking epic!

Spoiler

the dragon boss, having to run around the fortress in the sky, climbing up while the ladders or stairs with really hard enemies while he is spitting fire at you and at the end jumping on his head WOW it was like watching a great movie xD

after 41 hours i beat dark souls 3, amazing game in every single way.

I will point out the bad things:

*Some NPCs were not that good compared to previous dark souls game, also in this one is much more easier to miss a quest and follow them which will end their quest line without warning making you lose important items >_>
*The camera at some points is really bad, combined with a bad lock on system is just terrible adding extra difficulty in a bad way. Dark souls 1 was fine, 2 so so and this one is just bad, you will randomly stop locking enemies in the middle of the fight, this combined with the bad camera at some points makes some boss fights really hard or should i say frustrating rather than hard.

And that's pretty much it xD

what was really different in this dark souls from the old ones was that this one is really obscure, the bad or dark ending is really really dark, you actually do some terrible things to achieve your goal...things that are explicitly shown to you lol

Spoiler

Making Irina turn into a bad "fire keeper" was one thing but looking at the chopped head of Enri and then stabbing her to "marry" her or to step on the head of the fire keeper at the end so you can steal the flame, WOW.

Now I really want to play it again but I will wait till the dlc comes out to play it again, I need to study japanese again D: 

1 minute ago, Deep Blue said:

after 41 hours i beat dark souls 3, amazing game in every single way.

I will point out the bad things:

*Some NPCs were not that good compared to previous dark souls game, also in this one is much more easier to miss a quest and follow them which will end their quest line without warning making you lose important items >_>
*The camera at some points is really bad, combined with a bad lock on system is just terrible adding extra difficulty in a bad way. Dark souls 1 was fine, 2 so so and this one is just bad, you will randomly stop locking enemies in the middle of the fight, this combined with the bad camera at some points makes some boss fights really hard or should i say frustrating rather than hard.

And that's pretty much it xD

what was really different in this dark souls from the old ones was that this one is really obscure, the bad or dark ending is really really dark, you actually do some terrible things to achieve your goal...things that are explicitly shown to you lol

Reveal hidden contents

Making Irina turn into a bad "fire keeper" was one thing but looking at the chopped head of Enri and then stabbing her to "marry" her or to step on the head of the fire keeper at the end so you can steal the flame, WOW.

pachi,pachi,pachi deep. you persevered and reached your end goal

Finished my first playthrough!

The final boss was pretty hype, but I was so sure that the game was still deceiving me in some way and so I only realized it was the final boss after beating it. Talk about anti-climax...

I don't think anything can beat the magical feeling of playing the PC Dark Souls 1 for the first time, when everything was new and exciting, and when even the community felt more tightly knit and obscure, but still DkS3 is the most fun I've had with Souls-games in a while. It plays better than ever, be it bosses, online and just levels themselves. The progression through the game stays steadily difficult and varied, exploring is fun and rewarding and it's just overall really well built experience. Maybe little too linear for me, but that's just a minor complaint.  

I think I'll continue randomly playing Dark Souls III, trying to find things I missed earlier and mess around in PVP. 

I am just got myself to winter location (with a weird name and it looks like Anor Londo) and entered the jail... not sure how far i am from beating it....since i got mysalf lothric longsword bosses become more easy, but i still prefer dagger when dealing with regular creeps (thinkin if i should lvl up my int or faith to use weapon buffs).

Gonna beat the game atleast two times..first the normal ending, second the hollow lord ending..even though on second playthrough i migh be using a shield :yumiko:  to speed things up abit.

Abyssal Watcher was a nice boss, i liked it.

18 hours ago, Turnip Sensei said:

Finished my first playthrough!

The final boss was pretty hype, but I was so sure that the game was still deceiving me in some way and so I only realized it was the final boss after beating it. Talk about anti-climax...

I don't think anything can beat the magical feeling of playing the PC Dark Souls 1 for the first time, when everything was new and exciting, and when even the community felt more tightly knit and obscure, but still DkS3 is the most fun I've had with Souls-games in a while. It plays better than ever, be it bosses, online and just levels themselves. The progression through the game stays steadily difficult and varied, exploring is fun and rewarding and it's just overall really well built experience. Maybe little too linear for me, but that's just a minor complaint.  

I think I'll continue randomly playing Dark Souls III, trying to find things I missed earlier and mess around in PVP. 

Spoiler

when I was fighting lord of cinders and that piano music started playing (his second form) I got chills xD

4 hours ago, Zebhra said:

I am just got myself to winter location (with a weird name and it looks like Anor Londo) and entered the jail... not sure how far i am from beating it....since i got mysalf lothric longsword bosses become more easy, but i still prefer dagger when dealing with regular creeps (thinkin if i should lvl up my int or faith to use weapon buffs).

Gonna beat the game atleast two times..first the normal ending, second the hollow lord ending..even though on second playthrough i migh be using a shield :yumiko:  to speed things up abit.

Abyssal Watcher was a nice boss, i liked it.

that's probably one of the best maps the Boreal Valley, it's really cool and well done.

So, I've been doing my DS2 NG+ run.

I'm getting to the final part of the game now, so I decided to do the DLCs. 

While I have SotFS, I've never played the DLCs before... I decided to go the one I have the key to first, Crown of the Ivory King.

The enemies were easy enough to deal with, I died a few times to Avva before figuring him out and now I'm at the Burnt Ivory King. 

...It's going to take me a while before I beat him. Well. 

1 hour ago, Kaguya said:

So, I've been doing my DS2 NG+ run.

I'm getting to the final part of the game now, so I decided to do the DLCs. 

While I have SotFS, I've never played the DLCs before... I decided to go the one I have the key to first, Crown of the Ivory King.

The enemies were easy enough to deal with, I died a few times to Avva before figuring him out and now I'm at the Burnt Ivory King. 

...It's going to take me a while before I beat him. Well. 

good luck with that!

i love how this is thread was mostly meant for one and now all three are being talked about. :D

2 hours ago, Zebhra said:

Stuck on a Boreal Dancer...first 50% is not a problem...bu then...she kills me in 2 hits.....first boss on which i really miss my shield.

Also gone and farmed myself a http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/equipmentgroup:black-knight-greatsword Now i need 4 more twinkle titanite to +5 it...looks really strong :sachi:

try using some katana weapon(something with bleed effect) if you have it (the uchigatana if you beat the first dude right outside the main bonefire) and infuse it with lighting or dark, she will die really fast, also you can summon one npc but I dont know ifthat's a good idea because when you summon someone the boss has double hp:wacko:

Just beat the game too, man second part of the game was hard :komari:  But the final boss was easy af.... got myself a "No Fire" ending it wass hillarious and pretty shallow. Going to beat game once more, this time with a mage and using a shields (no shields/block was a pain) just to get "The Heir of Hollows" ending.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game is pretty hard indeed (that's what attracts many gamers afterall), but on my side I'm kinda more curious in the story of the game. At first when I played Dark Souls 1 I felt like "what? What am I doing in this game?",  and then when I finished the game it is like "that's it? What? Can someone explain what happened?".

Many people may not like this aspect of the game but I really appreciate this set up since it throws us into a "reality" world where we have to make sense of everything on our own through NPCs' dialogues and item's descriptions. Even though I say this, I still have to watch Youtube for story explaination :D

Dark Souls has a great story, but it's told entirely by item description / visual information, not dialogue by other characters. I really enjoy that.

I've played all the Souls games and love them, except 2, which I never beat, didn't care for, then later I found out why it felt so, so different than previous Souls games - it was made by a "B Team", which was a different team then Demon's Souls / Dark Souls / Bloodborne / Dark Souls 3.  Dark Souls 3 is A-Team again and brought back that amazing world I loved again.  I cannot wait for the Dark Souls 3 DLC.  Dark Souls 2 had bad hitboxes and artificial difficulty - the B-Team admits to this later on, saying they didn't really understand how to do it properly. 

I've done two playthroughs of three at current. i never finish my second one for  the original Dark Souls as I didn't wanna lose access to all the areas. This is what I currently looked like at the end of the game.

Vs5d9rK.jpg

Was using that shield because it has "Magic Parry", which means I can deflect spells back at people, I thought that was neat. Using Claymore because Claymores are awesome, though normally I use the Zweihander. SEcondary weapon is Sunlight Straight Sword, crazy good weapon, can self-buff for reduced damage taken and more damage done with it.

• 5 months later...

so im doing ANOTHER new game of dark souls and holy hell am i progressing through it fast. im like an hour in and already beat that one demon with those two dogs who has the key to the sewers. btw, i freaking beat him on my first try! :marie: how?! i mean, i had that drake sword from shooting the drakes tail but holy cow! i honestly didnt expect to win against him like that. i had to go somewhere and just thought "eh, what the hell? ill give it a quick go since i have no where else to go really." ive also only died once and that was against another player.

• 4 months later...