Dark Souls

HopefullyAHero

Just now, mitchhamilton said:

thats good to hear. its nice that the original team came back for DS3. i could sense it even in the trailers. cant wait to play this.

yeah dark souls 2 wasnt bad but the combat didnt feel like dark souls something was a bit off... this one even if it is faster it does feel like dark souls 1, i like how some enemies wont let you get behind them, like the knight, he just throws his big shield at his back and stop you from going in circles around him xD No back-stab for you mister :mare: i love that.

6 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

yeah dark souls 2 wasnt bad but the combat didnt feel like dark souls something was a bit off... this one even if it is faster it does feel like dark souls 1, i like how some enemies wont let you get behind them, like the knight, he just throws his big shield at his back and stop you from going in circles around him xD No back-stab for you mister :mare: i love that.

for me with DS2 it felt different because it felt more like the player had a bigger role. its interesting how in one you arent met with singing and praising for your arrival but "Oh. another 'chosen undead' is it? lets hope you last longer than the last one" as events in the story slowly unfolds to your actions. the world felt huge in scale because the player feels insignificant and i love it. <3

itd be funny if those knight guys you were talking about had a sign on their shield that said "No backstabs for you :P"

14 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

for me with DS2 it felt different because it felt more like the player had a bigger role. its interesting how in one you arent met with singing and praising for your arrival but "Oh. another 'chosen undead' is it? lets hope you last longer than the last one" as events in the story slowly unfolds to your actions. the world felt huge in scale because the player feels insignificant and i love it. <3

itd be funny if those knight guys you were talking about had a sign on their shield that said "No backstabs for you :P"

I really liked how ds1 begins, you are thrown in a cell to  die and someone helps you out and after escaping you are on your own, choosing where to go even if it is a zone that you cant handle at that time, dark souls 2 kinda ruined that and sadly this one so far doesnt look very different at least so far, no branching routes to pick at the beginning and the travelling system is more like in demon souls, but then again I only played for a few hours can't say for sure.

well I'm sure mods will take care of that at some point, they did this :sacchan::

Spoiler

tumblr_mvnh2hDubr1qb6jf0o1_500.jpg

793-1-1404254142.jpg

ocrqlgzmcmc3iao0eghb.jpg

1 minute ago, Deep Blue said:

I really liked how ds1 begins, you are thrown in a cell to  die and someone helps you out and after escaping you are on your own, choosing where to go even if it is a zone that you cant handle at that time, dark souls 2 kinda ruined that and sadly this one so far doesnt look very different at least so far, no branching routes to pick at the beginning and the travelling system is more like in demon souls, but then again I only played for a few hours can't say for sure.

well I'm sure mods will take care of that at some point, they did this :sacchan::

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_mvnh2hDubr1qb6jf0o1_500.jpg

793-1-1404254142.jpg

ocrqlgzmcmc3iao0eghb.jpg

:wahaha:

oh internet. never change.

Just now, Zebhra said:

Alright! Played DS3! :mare: ..........for about 3 minutes then left for a work :komari:  This is gonna be long 9 hrs :komari:

Created a Rogue, gonna throw shield away and go hardcore mode without block :Teeku:

thats madness Zebhra. MADNESS! :pyaa:

well, you know what they say. YOLO 8)

good luck in your run.

Started as a Knight because the armor looked neato, went with my usual Dex build as soon as I got mah beloved Uchi :sachi:

No need for shields with the sicko dodging. Trying out different weapons right now to see which one I like the most.

Oh, and I turned into beef jerky again for the lulz:

SgUx316.jpg

I'm doing a replay of 2, too (haven't checked the requirements, but I hope my PC will run the third game...) 

Though rather than starting anew I just went for a NG+ 

I actually liked DS2 over the first game... Though that may be because I played the second one first, lol. 

57 minutes ago, Nayleen said:

Started as a Knight because the armor looked neato, went with my usual Dex build as soon as I got mah beloved Uchi :sachi:

No need for shields with the sicko dodging. Trying out different weapons right now to see which one I like the most.

Oh, and I turned into beef jerky again for the lulz:

Hide contents

SgUx316.jpg

i bet she has a nice personality at least.

18 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

I'm doing a replay of 2, too (haven't checked the requirements, but I hope my PC will run the third game...) 

I actually liked DS2 over the first game... Though that may be because I played the second one first, lol. 

might be. if its what introduced you to its universe then you no doubt would have a preference towards it. good luck on your run.

im doing a ng+ in one atm and man alive is it much easier than the first time. of course i know the enemies hit harder and while they do give more souls, i still have to give over 50000 right now to level up. i know im gonna reach a point where im not gonna level up fast enough and get really rekt later on. :marie:

I am getting alot of weird crashes...if i play with my starting rogue dagger, then everything is okay and i can play for like 2hrs without a single one, but if i equip short sword i crash almost every 10 minutes :komari:

First impressions: graphics looks nice, game feels nice, so far i really like it! :mare:

Just now, Zebhra said:

I am getting alot of weird crashes...if i play with my starting rogue dagger, then everything is okay and i can play for like 2hrs without a single one, but if i equip short sword i crash almost every 10 minutes :komari:

First impressions: graphics looks nice, game feels nice, so far i really like it! :mare:

thats good, aside from the crashes. maybe theyll have a fix for it soon.

Played 12 hours of Dark Souls III yesterday, good stuff.

I had some crashing problems too, but after I dropped lighting settings to low those went away for the most part. 

But man it's fun and pretty. My standard build of long sword + light armor + misc. pyromancies still works wonders. Didn't abandon shield completely since some enemies have pretty erratic move sets.
Pretty much my only problem so far was that the game is too linear, but that was actually me just missing the branching points and accidentally proceeding through harder areas. Whoops.     

played around 4 hours already, beat the first boss, the game is really good and hard. I'm still trying to buy that freaking key and complete the quest from Greirat (or something like that) but 20k souls is really a lot, the boss gave me 3k >_> im at level 20 and each level cost around 2k so yeah 20k is A LOT, I hope it's worth it!

9 hours ago, Kaguya said:

My PC is a bit below minimum spec (GTX 680, Phenom II X4 945, 8GB of RAM), and it runs at over 30FPS, at max settings, usually around 35-40. I'm on 8-month-old drivers right now, I just updated my drivers to the latest and the crash issues many others have been having started happening for me as well. I rolled back my drivers and they went away again. So maybe don't update to the latest drivers if you haven't already until they release a fix.

i knew that each lord soul in one came from lords we saw in the opening and was wondering who or what the bed of chaos was. so i read a little more about it and its really sad once you find out who it is, for many reasons. it really shows how much these lords tried so hard to hold onto their dying power. so much so that it drove some of them mad. its very interesting direction to take with a game. another great bit of storytelling from dark souls.

2 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

another great bit of storytelling from dark souls.

You should watch Vaati's "Prepare to Cry" series on youtube, it have a lot of character's lore explained and it is done in an amazing fashion.

Short recap on my yesterdays adventures:

Beat the mimic :Teeku:  got the axe, axed the frost dog! it looked ferocious at first..but turned out to be some Sif-like creature...so i just hugged it's back :sachi:

Still looking for that prison key...

2 minutes ago, Zebhra said:

You should watch Vaati's "Prepare to Cry" series on youtube, it have a lot of character's lore explained and it is done in an amazing fashion.

Short recap on my yesterdays adventures:

Beat the mimic :Teeku:  got the axe, axed the frost dog! it looked ferocious at first..but turned out to be some Sif-like creature...so i just hugged it's back :sachi:

Still looking for that prison key...

ive seen his channel and was intrigued. havent seen that vid yet. ill give it a looksy when i can. thanks. :)

10 hours already, amazing souls game without a doubt, much better than DS2 almost as good as dark souls 1. I still cant figure out what the hell happens when you die, how much amount of health you lose and what's the difference between being hollow or not... it doesnt seem to be related by the amounts of deaths 

48 minutes ago, Zebhra said:

pretty sure it is the usual..you can not summon anyone and loose about 30% of your health

it's a bit confusing since they dont show you what amount of hp you lose but it seems to be quite a lot I don't know if by keep dying it keeps decreasing or not I will have to check later, i'm on the catacombs just beat the swamps (my god what a pain) and a really cool boss  

OH! forgot to mention this when making my post after fighting gwyn but you remember that greatsword that did the most damage and i was leveling up for? HOLY CRAP WAS THAT A BAD IDEA! it was so slow and with gwyn taking so much damage off of me before i make one swing, i knew i made the wrong choice. unfortunately i couldnt switch to my other weapon right away because i became too heavy to use it and so i died.

I finally hit a brick wall on my main character in Dark Souls III, so I made a new a character and tried my hand at PVP which I ignored completely before. 

The Undead Legion covenant which summons you to defend the forest is pretty fun, but the summoning rate is kind of random and pretty slow at times. Same with Blue Sentinels, so I've been mostly invading others. It's really nice that there's so many people playing DkS3 since you get to fight often and against all kinds of players. Some times you get your ass-kicked, sometimes you just slaughter your enemies and sometimes the invasions end up in really intense duels. The huge summon amount can be really fun as well, Host + 2 phantoms vs. two different invaders is really hectic and super fun.  

On 4/16/2016 at 11:41 AM, Turnip Sensei said:

I finally hit a brick wall on my main character in Dark Souls III, so I made a new a character and tried my hand at PVP which I ignored completely before. 

The Undead Legion covenant which summons you to defend the forest is pretty fun, but the summoning rate is kind of random and pretty slow at times. Same with Blue Sentinels, so I've been mostly invading others. It's really nice that there's so many people playing DkS3 since you get to fight often and against all kinds of players. Some times you get your ass-kicked, sometimes you just slaughter your enemies and sometimes the invasions end up in really intense duels. The huge summon amount can be really fun as well, Host + 2 phantoms vs. two different invaders is really hectic and super fun.  

hey thats sounds great. its a shame about starting over but hopefully youll do much better this time.

I joined Blue Sentinels and now officialy a police of dark souls :holo:

It is a bitt funny how i find a simple starting rogue dagger to be far supperior to all other geard phantoms i met, just use weapon arts on their attack and slice them till bloodloss, rollback and repeat, so far i havn't lost a single encounter (i had about only 10 of them though :P )

Oh..btw, is there a shield without block? I abandoned all the blocks , but i still need a shield with which i can use weapon arts and parry at the same time....

And on a short recap of my adventures: met Onionbro, gathered bunch of npcs, killed tonns_of_monks_boss, raised my esthus count to 8, gonna farm for this sword today , becase uchigatana is getting old in dealing with massive amount of enemies :sachi: