Dark Souls

HopefullyAHero

32 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

So, yeah, this shit's wild, guys. Got really hooked.

Just reached Ornstein & Smough. Doesn't seem THAT bad from my only try... got Ornstein's HP down by around 25%, really not bad for a first go.

inwardly chuckles at the new dark souls victim. :meguface:

hey, thats greay, funya! :mare: im sure youll beat them next time. keep at it! :meguface:

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all really only need Soul Arrows lmao. Really fucking easy to cheese both with Soul Arrow + Great Soul Arrow + Great Heavy Soul Arrow.

With a couple misses these last until Smough has a couple hits' worth of HP left and then you can just dash in and do a combo with a Dex weapon.

Anyway, DS2: SOTFS is on Humble monthly. 12 bucks and you get a few other games on top of DSII as well as 10% off the Store for a month. https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?hmb_campaign=Humble_Monthly_June_2017&hmb_source=banner&hmb_medium=banner

18 minutes ago, PapaRabbi said:

Thanks friend :sachi: next time you try fighting him just keep an eye on that. He can also jump away out of nowhere and then kill you pretty fast so good luck! You can always just spam sorcery like funyarinpa suggested though

yeah, thanks. will try for sure. btw, that pic was the pic that made me wanna read majikoi years and years ago. she just looks so happy.

On 6/3/2017 at 0:26 PM, Funyarinpa said:

Y'all really only need Soul Arrows lmao. Really fucking easy to cheese both with Soul Arrow + Great Soul Arrow + Great Heavy Soul Arrow.

With a couple misses these last until Smough has a couple hits' worth of HP left and then you can just dash in and do a combo with a Dex weapon.

Anyway, DS2: SOTFS is on Humble monthly. 12 bucks and you get a few other games on top of DSII as well as 10% off the Store for a month. https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?hmb_campaign=Humble_Monthly_June_2017&hmb_source=banner&hmb_medium=banner

You could also cheese him through by using a bow and buy lots of arrows and using the "pillar" tactic.

2 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

oh god. cant imagine how long that would take. i use the pillar tactic on smough. takes a while but still.

Yeah, it takes a while but the good thing the stats required to use bows isn't necessarily high so it won't mess up with your chosen build too much. 

Edited by Dark_blade64

1 hour ago, AltarHakurei said:

I've been wanting to replay Dark Souls but I don't know which weapon to use.... The doubt really kills me.

For newcomers I recommend choosing one of the early weapons and stick with it through the whole game. See what weapon works best with your playstyle. Equipment also has weight, so depending if you choose light/heavy/medium weight equipment your character will have slower or faster movement capabilities. Which class to choose at the start of the game I would recommend the pyromancer as it start in level 1 and gives you more points to spend in stats, it comes with a good spell early on too. Something to keep in mind, is that spending point in resistance is almost useless so you might want to avoid doing it.

lol, I didn't notice you said replay I thought you were worried what that it was your first time and was confused of which weapon to start with.

Edited by Dark_blade64
Ups, my bad!

On 6/5/2017 at 6:03 AM, AltarHakurei said:

I've been wanting to replay Dark Souls but I don't know which weapon to use.... The doubt really kills me.

What did you use on your first run?

Anyway, I'd like to see someone make a STR/MAG build focused on the Tin Banishment Catalyst. In case you're completely out of ideas... :D

You could do a pyro/spear or pyro/dex dual wield playthrough too!

I decided to create a new Pyro character- I'll go Sunbro, and try to get summoned to help people with everything.

Edited by Funyarinpa