Fuwanovel Fight Club

Mugi

Anyone else play/know about Brawlhalla? It's a F2P Smash-esque fighter on Steam, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. We could get some FFA's going or something if we get a few people playing. Also I think it'd be a good thing to hold tournaments for, since most of us have a PC, and it's fairly easy to run. 

• 3 weeks later...

Quite a while since a post has been made with most of us in the Skype group now :cry: To remedy this epidemic, I bring righteous news! The EVO 2k16 lineup will be announced within the next hour! Some will threaten to burn the tournament down to ashes, others will hold it up as the mother of all fighting game tournaments. Legends clash, fans unite, new friends come together, not to mention rivalries born. However, before we get to this grand moment, the EVO 2k16 main stage line up most be announced! 

If your soul is burning with unquenchable passion and heart clouded with unimaginable anxiety, prepare yourself as it is just about 6 months away, and this is just the beginning:

http://www.twitch.tv/redbullesports

http://evo.shoryuken.com/

-----

Once the lineup is announced I will be updating this post with the main games, may even go as far as to update the OP.

First game is announced!: SFV

Second game is announced!: Super Smash Bros Melee

Third game is announced!: Super Smash Bros Wii U

Fourth game is announced!: Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-

Fifth game is announced!: MKX

Sixth game is announced!: POKKEN HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :conspiracy: I'M CRYINGGGGGG

Seventh game is announced!: Killer Instinct

DUN DUN DUN an Eighth game is announced!: MAHVEL IS BACK

... A new contender as appeared!? Yet another game is announced! The NINTH game to be announced!: Tekken 7

and that seems to be the lineup of EVO 2k16! I honestly and super hyped for Pokken! Everything else was expected for the most part ~ 

Umvc3 is that one game that everyone loves to watch but like only a handful of people still play. Hope this will be the last time it makes evo though, should leave in space for newer fighting games that are being released every year. Also prefer SSB4 over melee, because it's a lot better than seeing fox mirror matches with some sheiks thrown in there. Revelator is in which is a plus for me, though it'll suck seeing all the american players get destroyed by the japanese lol. MKX is meh, not my type of game. Same with KI but last year's KI final at evo was hype though. Dunno about Pokken, I wonder how much Nintendo paid them to get it there :Kappa:. Also Capcom really is going to kill USF4 and try and get as many people as possible to buy SFV. My feelings on the game are mixed though, wondering if i should buy into the hype or not. Yay for Tekken 7 though, always have been a fan of Tekken since i was a kid. 

LiquidShu referred me here from my other thread, stopping by to say hi. If we have game overlap hit me up if you want to play sometime -- I don't tend to get too competitive, mostly just enjoy trying all the different characters with friends and sometimes getting wrecked online.

Right now I'm playing Nitroplus Blasterz (PS4), and will probably pick up SFV (PC) on release. Other than that, I have Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (PS3), Soul Calibur IV (PS3), Killer Instinct S1 (Xbone), then on PC I have MK2, MK9, MKX, Injustice, Skullgirls, and Vanguard Princess.  I also technically have USF4 (PC) but it's a bit late for me to noob it up in that scene lol.

On 2/1/2016 at 3:15 PM, WinkBlinkel said:

Just as a heads up, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is free on PS+ right now, so if you're subscribed it's a free download. 

Cool, I'll have to try it out.

13 minutes ago, ServeTheServant said:

LiquidShu referred me here from my other thread, stopping by to say hi. 

I also technically have USF4 but it's a bit late for me to noob it up in that scene lol.

Thanks for stopping by! I try to refer everyone here when threads are made about fighting games, as we would like to push for Fuwanovel friendlies and an all around healthy scene within Fuwanovel, if at all possible. 

With greetings out of the way I only started practicing USF4 daily a month ago, and before that it was on and off. I am a relatively new player in terms of dedication and even if SFV is coming out in a week and a half, I don't believe it is to late. While many mechanics will be removed, changed, added, etc. core fundamentals will still be there. Picking up Ryu and practicing his basics as much as possible (which is what I am doing) will surely lead to stronger fundamentals in SFV, it seems many bnb combo's will be the same as well. 

Anyways hope you find people to play with and have a good time :miyako:

On 1/29/2016 at 3:35 AM, LiquidShu said:

Got my EVO rooms booked, super pumped. There from that Thursday - Sunday, now I just need to buy airplane tickets.

Wow, must be nice.

On 1/27/2016 at 6:29 AM, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

Umvc3 is that one game that everyone loves to watch but like only a handful of people still play. 

To be fair, it's a really difficult game to master. Or even learn, for that matter.

Picked up Chun-Li even though I shouldn't :amane: Still sticking to my daily Ryu practice, just throwing her in when I go online with friends. 

Played a but of Sm4sh today since I was considering buying the DLC, still on the fence. There is something about Sm4sh that stops it from sinking it's teeth into me, still a fun party game. 

Then I downloaded KOFXIII again on Steam. Not sure if I am going to do anything with it since I'm putting time into SF but we will see. The big game for me aside from the new SF is Pokken which limits my time for much else.

• 3 weeks later...

What's up peeps, got some intriguing news in the FGC: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/league-of-legends-company-acquires-rising-thunder-/1100-6435459/

Seems like Riot (developer of LoL) has picked up Radiant Entertainment (creator of Rising Thunder; F2P up-coming FG). Has anyone played Rising Thunder yet? Personally, I was in an alpha or two and it seemed promising, I never thought it would be a big thing though. For the longest time I was a LoL fanboy I was always saying how sweet it would be for Riot to make a FG. Now that they have acquired Rising Thunder it makes me wonder exactly what is going to happen. 

Any comments/opinions on this event? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbr6TI0Mujw2iFAQE4R8yrQ

I'm sure some of you have watched (at least heard of) Shofu before. He has, as of now, three Pokken videos up, all of which are informative/fun to watch. The more I watch Pokken the more I feel I will play it more than any of my other FG's. 

Also, I was looking at Nitroplus Blasterz to have some fun in an AFG but it apparently was never alive so it can't be ded. Waiting for Revelator at this point to try the genre out again. 

We had our first Skype call last Sunday. All we played was Skullgirls because GG (PC) wouldn't let us play with Chris (EU) and none of us had other games avaliable... :vinty:

Hopefully we can get some other games going but for now Skullgirls is fun enough :sachi: Also Chris really needs to get a mic... :yumiko: