Fuwanovel Fight Club

Mugi

Sadly my steam is simply Protoss of which there seem to be lots of, I was hoping linking my profile would fix this.

I guess I'll try to add you instead.

EDIT: Weblink to your profile isn't working for me so I sent a friend invite through steam.

Edited by ChrisPZT

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure we all still play fighting fames, we just don't post often :wacko:

Don't have Smash for 3DS, sorry.

There is a game however, that is really fun and like Smash. It's called Brawlhala and is completely free on Steam. I have about 30 hours on it the past week and a half. The netcode is pretty solid and the gameplay is similar but different from Smash. Definately worth checking out. 

Hey guys! I'm the president of the fighting game club at my University. We're hosting our second monthly tournament tomorrow (11/22/2015) and we'll be streaming 6 games. I thought I'd gauge interest here in case some of you guys wanted to drop by and say hi in the twitch chat. We'll be streaming:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear Xrd, UNIEL, Street Fighter 4, and UMVC3 tomorrow from noon to midnight PST.

If you want to watch some of the best players in SoCal, let me know and I can either post or PM links to the twitch channel! 

Hey guys! I'm the president of the fighting game club at my University. We're hosting our second monthly tournament tomorrow (11/22/2015) and we'll be streaming 6 games. I thought I'd gauge interest here in case some of you guys wanted to drop by and say hi in the twitch chat. We'll be streaming:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear Xrd, UNIEL, Street Fighter 4, and UMVC3 tomorrow from noon to midnight PST.

If you want to watch some of the best players in SoCal, let me know and I can either post or PM links to the twitch channel! 

Hell yeah I am interested in watching. May not stick around for the whole thing but I will pop in and out for sure. Throw a link my way either through PM or just post it here ~ 

Assuming this is still a thing, anyone have 3DS Smash?

I have it if you're still interested in playing, just pm me

I'm sure we all still play fighting fames, we just don't post often :wacko:

Don't have Smash for 3DS, sorry.

There is a game however, that is really fun and like Smash. It's called Brawlhala and is completely free on Steam. I have about 30 hours on it the past week and a half. The netcode is pretty solid and the gameplay is similar but different from Smash. Definately worth checking out. 

was busy before, and didn't reply to your last message, will add you

• 2 weeks later...

*Mugi uses Phoenix Down on thread*

I just got a PS3 again (it's broken, so I have to return it for another one though q.q), and along with it I got P4 Arena Ultimax and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. I plan on getting Blazblue and Guilty Gear Xrd at some point, and I also have MvC2 on here :sachi: 

Add me @ LiquidShu, not saying I'm gunna play but I like friends :sachi:

If I ever do, I own P4 Arena Ultimax and USF4 for PS3. 

Really looking forward to all the FG's coming out on PS4 this coming year. KOF, SF5, Tekken7, Brawlhalla, and I'm sure more will come. Probably going to get all of them and proceed to suck at, well, all of them. 

Also, I am feeling the KOF14 on Steam if anyone has it, if not, you can get it on G2A for around $9. 

I just got a PS3 again (it's broken, so I have to return it for another one though q.q), and along with it I got P4 Arena Ultimax and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. I plan on getting Blazblue and Guilty Gear Xrd at some point, and I also have MvC2 on here :sachi: 

Really looking forward to all the FG's coming out on PS4 this coming year. KOF, SF5, Tekken7, Brawlhalla, and I'm sure more will come. Probably going to get all of them and proceed to suck at, well, all of them. 

Also, I am feeling the KOF14 on Steam if anyone has it, if not, you can get it on G2A for around $9. 

I really wanted to get a PS4 this year, but if I did I wouldn't be able to get any figures :vinty:

I'll probably pick one up next year though, I really wish SFV was coming to the PS3 q.q

I really wanted to get a PS4 this year, but if I did I wouldn't be able to get any figures :vinty:

I'll probably pick one up next year though, I really wish SFV was coming to the PS3 q.q

Could always get it on PC.

I don't know if my PC could run it q.q

:(( Can it run USF4?

:(( Can it run USF4?

Yeah, it can run it on max settings and get 60fps. But these tests like on game debate and stuff are saying my GPU can't handle SFV

Edited by Mugi

If you haven't added me on PSN yet, go ahead @ Zotbuster. I netplay P4AU from time to time, but most of my practice is offline at casuals/tournaments. It's my favorite fighting game so I'm always eager to see new people learn how to play :D

If you haven't added me on PSN yet, go ahead @ Zotbuster. I netplay P4AU from time to time, but most of my practice is offline at casuals/tournaments. It's my favorite fighting game so I'm always eager to see new people learn how to play :D

I might not be able to for a few weeks since it's a christmas present, and the person buying it is pretty adamant about giving it to me on christmas. But yeah I have always wanted to check it out, though i'm sure i'll never be good at it. Don't know who i'm going to play, either..

I might not be able to for a few weeks since it's a christmas present, and the person buying it is pretty adamant about giving it to me on christmas. But yeah I have always wanted to check it out, though i'm sure i'll never be good at it. Don't know who i'm going to play, either..

Don't discourage yourself from getting good! I started playing Ultimax (and fighting games in general, since it was my first one) when it launched last September, and within 9 months I made Quarter-finals at Evo. With the third worst character in the game. Persona is super beginner friendly, so as long as you practice and have fun you can improve really quickly.

What archetypes do you typically gravitate towards? (shoto/rushdown/zoning/grappler etc. etc.)

Edited by WinkBlinkel

Don't discourage yourself from getting good! I started playing Ultimax (and fighting games in general, since it was my first one) when it launched last September, and within 9 months I made Quarter-finals at Evo. With the third worst character in the game. Persona is super beginner friendly, so as long as you practice and have fun you can improve really quickly.

What archetypes do you typically gravitate towards? (shoto/rushdown/zoning/grappler etc. etc.)

Shoto for me. 

Also anyyyyyyyyyyyyone have KOFXII on PC, anyone? :cry:

KOF 2002 is coming to PS4 soon as well, pick it up I may. 

Also also, if you didn't/aren't watching Capcom Cup you are missing out.

Edited by LiquidShu

I generally like to play rushdown characters, like Makoto in USF4. Never really cared for shoto's, just too boring for me personally. I also absolutely suck with charge characters, because I cannot for the life of me charge buffer consistently on a controller. Grapplers and zoning characters are also really fun too, though grapplers generally have some pretty wonky inputs that I have trouble doing on a controller.

Mugi uses Phoenix Down on thread*

I generally like to play rushdown characters, like Makoto in USF4. Never really cared for shoto's, just too boring for me personally. I also absolutely suck with charge characters, because I cannot for the life of me charge buffer consistently on a controller. Grapplers and zoning characters are also really fun too, though grapplers generally have some pretty wonky inputs that I have trouble doing on a controller.

The nice thing about Persona is that all the inputs are super simple. The only motions in the game are quarter circles. (Special moves are one quarter circle, supers are two quarter circles). That means the input for Kanji's command grab is quarter circle back instead of like, a 360 or potbuster motion. Chie, Sho, and Marie/Labrys/Akihiko sort of are rushdown characters. Kanji is the mainstay grappler, and Minazuki and Adachi land somewhere in between rushdown and grappler. If you wanted to learn Kanji I could send you the tutorial I wrote lol

Mugi uses Phoenix Down on thread*

The nice thing about Persona is that all the inputs are super simple. The only motions in the game are quarter circles. (Special moves are one quarter circle, supers are two quarter circles). That means the input for Kanji's command grab is quarter circle back instead of like, a 360 or potbuster motion. Chie, Sho, and Marie/Labrys/Akihiko sort of are rushdown characters. Kanji is the mainstay grappler, and Minazuki and Adachi land somewhere in between rushdown and grappler. If you wanted to learn Kanji I could send you the tutorial I wrote lol

Akihiko looks pretty fun (I guess it helps that he was one of my favorite characters in P3). Also, are the shadow variations tournament legal/useable online? I haven't seen much of them, so I don't know what all they change, but Akihiko's looked OP.

Shadow characters are legal in tournament and online. They're just usually not the most viable. The only good shadows in this version are Chie, Mitsuru, Naoto, and Narukami/Akihiko somewhat. They're more offensive focused, so they don't have access to burst/awakening mode but they build a lot more meter and have "Shadow frenzy" where they can chain special moves into special moves for lots of damage.

Also Guilty Gear Xrd coming out for PC in two days is nutty. I'm excited to see what new players it brings into the scene! Too bad my computer is too crappy to run it; I'll have to stick to console version orz