Ever 17 unable to find movie file (Solved)

OOOOOHHHH~ :o

I can play Ever17 now... XD

Thanks everyone... ^_^

btw, i will tell you guys how i can play that game... :)

First, i read that my Locale is not Japanese... but, that's not the problem. Because the first time i re-install my Computer, i chose Japanese for all.

Second, i can see the name of folder. But, even i change the name nothing's change (i still can't play it)

Third, I look at the "Admin Permission". Still, even if i change it to "Run as Administration", i can't play it either...

Then i take a look at Ever17 folder... all of the file is just become "read-only"...

well, i don't know if that cause it. But i've un-check the "read-only" and now i can play it...

Here's the proof...

381525_4510143162921_275301245_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I tried running it in Japanese unicode as the other topic suggested

My problem is that that when I start Ever 17, it says, unable to find movie file

My computer is a windows 7 home premium 64 bit

As I said I tried everything on the linked post

And yes I downloaded it off Fuwanovel

i have the same problem i also have windows 7 i tried thousands of time always with the same result he can't find the movie files

Thanks a bunch Rain Kazeshini!

I had the exact same "unable to find movie file" problem, but after un-checking the 'read only' boxes of the movie files, it worked. =D

could you explain me better ? what does it means un-checking the 'read only' boxes !!!!!

i think he means select all your files inside the movies folder, right click on anyone then click properties,

and then ull enter the window where u can uncheck read-only

(i think)

Then there's an issue with your movie files.

Try to 1) Redownload them if you didn't already

2) See the links in the previous pages if they are still up, and try to replace your movie files with those

3) Worst come to worst, try to do this:

I'm pretty sure my computer can run them because I moved sdr640.e17 out of the folder and then copied mov01a.e17, renamed it sdr640.e17 and when I ran the game it would show the logos, then show some glass cracking from water pressure and then flowing in (which I'm pretty sure would be what mov01a.e17 would be) so I think it's just some/most of my movies aren't working

replace the nonworking movie files with working ones, you won't get them but at least you'll be able to play the game.

• 4 months later...

OOOOOHHHH~ ohmy.gif

I can play Ever17 now... XD

Thanks everyone... happy.gif

btw, i will tell you guys how i can play that game... smile.gif

First, i read that my Locale is not Japanese... but, that's not the problem. Because the first time i re-install my Computer, i chose Japanese for all.

Second, i can see the name of folder. But, even i change the name nothing's change (i still can't play it)

Third, I look at the "Admin Permission". Still, even if i change it to "Run as Administration", i can't play it either...

Then i take a look at Ever17 folder... all of the file is just become "read-only"...

well, i don't know if that cause it. But i've un-check the "read-only" and now i can play it...

Here's the proof...

381525_4510143162921_275301245_n.jpg

Rain, you just made my day. Or better, made my next weeks since I finally will be able to play this. Who could have thought it was this simple... many thanks!