Ever 17 unable to find movie file (Solved)

I have the same problem as Cheesedroid... I can't figure out in the past threadEver17 Unable to find movie file... And just in case, i'm already read all of the "Game issues before you ask" topics and my computer is ready to play... As now, i'm curently play Rewrite and Fate/Stay Night...

From my speculation, the game folder can't have long path address (ex. C:/bla/bla/bla/bla/bla/"Game Folder"). And this game folder need a place that can read the movie file... But i've already do anything, i can't still find the error...

please help us... :(

Yes I tried running it in Japanese unicode as the other topic suggested

My problem is that that when I start Ever 17, it says, unable to find movie file

My computer is a windows 7 home premium 64 bit

As I said I tried everything on the linked post

And yes I downloaded it off Fuwanovel

If it is unable to find the movie file, then that means the movie file is not located where the game expects the file to be. As in the previous post, this occurred due to the file chain being too long.

I'm not on a computer with Ever17 installed right now, so I can't check directly, but could you provide

1. Where you installed Ever17

2. The file path the application is going to

(In order to do that, right click the application run Ever17, click Properties, then click on the "shortcut" tab. Then look at the "Target" and paste it here. May differ in different computers.)

Check if the file path is going to where you downloaded Ever17. If not, copy the correct file path and put it in the "target".

The install location should be the Fuwanovel folder.

Can you provide a screenshot of the "properties" menu?

As some additional information. If you moved the Fuwanovel folder from for example your "Downloads" folder where it was originally installed, to your desktop, this could have potentially broken it.

Ah right you are running Windows 7. My bad for not reading. Make sure the shortcut to run the game is inside the download folder.

2lup0tv.png

Does your file folder contain everything listed in this image? I was able to replicate your error when I removed the Movies folder from the game folder.

209smcl.png

This is what your movie folder should look like.

I am now uploading the files to mediafire, however it is about 600 MB total so it will take a while.

If your files are not corrupted, it is possible your computer lacks the ability to read the files for some reason. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. If you want to, I believe the setup application is still functional, so you can try installing manually through that, and then applying patch/ect.

I'm pretty sure my computer can run them because I moved sdr640.e17 out of the folder and then copied mov01a.e17, renamed it sdr640.e17 and when I ran the game it would show the logos, then show some glass cracking from water pressure and then flowing in (which I'm pretty sure would be what mov01a.e17 would be) so I think it's just some/most of my movies aren't working

Redownloaded, still got same error

Downloading the game now, I will have a look into it once its done and try and work out what it might be.

Ok downloaded.. Can I just ask, when does it say missing the movie file?

Also, give me this info:

Folder path: (i.e C:\ever17)

Is Non-Unicode set to Japan?

If possible can you use windows Snipping Tool to screenshot

- Ever17 Folder

- Movies Folder

- Advanced Region settings to show Japan selected as Non Unicode

I have the original on my desktop and the new one in my downloads folder, my non unicode is set to Japanese although it says you don't need to (please inform me if that would cause any issues)

P.s. it didn't let me submit images qq

upload the images to imgur or something and link them into a post.

Also you are running Ever17PC_us.exe right?

Yes I am running Ever17PC_us.exe

0VGS6Vz.png

irVieER.png

ALoXR9k.png

Hmm that all looks fine, now sure how large each movie is in your screenshot, but have you tried moving the whole folder to C:\ and tried running it, just C:\

Also this might sound strange, but have you tried running setup.exe, not actually install, just run it and close it.

Last thing to try is to run the Ever17PC_us.exe as admin.

Here is sdr640.e17 that works for me, try that out https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B685Zhwu_twsbWVudk95TXBlb1U/edit

Also if that is the only movie that isn't working for you then you aren't missing anything since that movie is just another company logo. And you can skip past it by just doing what you already did and copy another movie file in its place (maybe the ever17.e17 that way you just get two opening movies in a row and you can just skip the second one)

You can also rename the files with .mp4 and watch them in any player.

Hmmm I got the file, and yes it worked but afterwards it still did the error, implying that I have bugged movie files

Edit: ran it again and it didn't run the first one for some reason

Edit 2: redownloaded your file, moved ever17.e17 and then copied the file again renaming it into ever17.e17 and then it showed the logo twice and worked

Edit 3: Ran again and worked, I will have to see if the other movie files bug