First person shooters and their fake weapons

RinXD

So this has been an annoyance of mine for some time now... All of the FPS's I have played never have realistic weapons you can snipe with nearly every weapon in most games with decent accuracy and 1-2 shots but a sniper rifle takes just as many shots when it should in reality be a 1 hit kill as most wounds inflicted by a sniper rifle are generally kill shots no matter where it hits.. So my question for you is this do you all think First person shooters should utilize real life weapon statistics or stick with the one weapon to rule them all mentality ?

What you want is Red Orchestra 2, or Arma 3...

I'd recommend Red orchestra as it's a lot easier to get into. You can choose machine gunner. 1200 RPM, 1 round does the same damage as a normal rifle round. So 1 hit to the chest is insta death.

Hello RinXD, it has been quite a while  :wafuu:

I gave up FPS games a long time ago, but I understand your point. My counter argument is this: balancing is a huge part of online gaming and having a guaranteed one-shot kill in a sniper rifle (no matter how realistic) isn't very balanced. They're usually put into games to be used in a scout-like role away from the pack where getting one shot kills isn't always fair to the other players (you also have to remember that most of the more popular FPS games are heavily focused on seizure-inducing pace unfortunately)

So getting one shot by a shotgun from across the map is fair, not to mention you actually have to aim a sniper you cant rely on spray and pray and generally up close you're SOL so I think being one shot hits is pretty fair considering most m16 burst in most FPs are one shot kills

Hold, in what game did you get one shot by a shotgun from across the map again? That game is definitely trash.

And no, if they just throw away the HP and make the game totally realistic with 1-shot-kill, then it will just be ridiculous.

Sniper rifle irl won't kill you with just one shot either if it does not pierce through your brain/important organs.

try Verdum it's really good, game are suppose to be unrealistc, lets say every weapon behaves like it should in real life, 1 shot and you are pretty much out of combat if not dead, I'm not saying that this scenario wouldn't be fun but only a few people would enjoy it...so developers use the most unrealistic things to make it more fun and appealing to everyone, that's why now we have auto-regen health, almost unlimited ammo in every single shooter etc etc.

That's why I still love swat 3 and 4 and most of the "military simulator games", the more realistic it is the more fun I have with them.

Sniper rifles are about a billion times harder to use in real life than in video games. You would need to change the stats in order to make combat fun and balanced. Or you make all of the weaponry super realistic and suddenly it's a completely different kind of game, where you're laying prone in a mud pit for eight hours waiting to get a good shot with your sniper rifle.

BF4 is most definitely not meant to be a realistic combat simulator. It's supposed to be a fun approximation of combat. At no point was it ever designed to be a realistic simulator, nor did EA ever advertise it as such.

As realistic as possible while still maintaining fun combat. Making every sniper rifle in BF4 one-shot-kill anywhere on the body would probably not be a fun mechanic in BF4 since they're so easy to aim. And if they weren't as easy to aim, they'd be too frustrating to use for a lot of people. You simply have to make sacrifices to realism if you want a fun game. It's just a matter of what kind of balance you prefer, and there are a ton of different games all over the place on that scale. If you want something more realistic than BF4, you can get that in games like ArmA. BF shouldn't change its level of realism.

Nothing's more satisfying than sniping someone with a shotgun

Yes cause I totally like taking buckshot to the face from severall 100 meters away

Also Decay im not wanting more realism im  wanting better balancing as it seems like everything not an assault rifle or shot gun got shafted

Yes cause I totally like taking buckshot to the face from severall 100 meters away

Also Decay im not wanting more realism im  wanting better balancing as it seems like everything not an assault rifle or shot gun got shafted

So, nerf the shotgun, don't buff every weapon into being one-hit-kill murder machines. Your topic was about making weapons more realistic and it didn't include the word balance anywhere. If you want my response to your OP, making weapons realistic would mean one shot from any gun at all disabling soldiers for a small duration if they have body armor, or a very long one if they do not. If that sounds fun to you, then play CoD hardcore or something.

I play battlefield cause it has vehicle combat cod= bunch of 12 year olds ... However BF4 has a balance patch coming out tonight so we will see how that works and to be honest I would prefer a rainbow six approach to weapons

What I hate about fps multiplayer is how connection speed determines about 60% of the result.  I don't know how many times I had my connection slow down just as I got the drop on someone and instead of head-shotting him, he blows me away. 

I kind of gave up battlefield after battlefield 3.

It was a good game, but in no way realistic.

And when someone say it has to be realistic it can mean multiple different thing.

1. Can be realistic. (everything adheres to thier true stats and behavior)

2. Feel realistic. (example: a battle feels like a battle, but that does not mean that weapons and stuff behave like they would in real life)

So the word realistic can be interperted in multiple ways.

Both call of duty and battlefield go for a realistic feel with a lot of tension.

where as ARMA goes for the being realistic.

Then again what are you doing playing with those girly games, go play some tanks or battleships and feel like a real man. :wahaha:

I'm fine with them either way, I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty because you can shoot an entire round into their chest but a knife to the toe is lethal. I don't mind Halo though because I think it's really fun even though it's not realistic (super soldiers wielding gravity hammers and jetpacks is literally all you need to get me to buy a game).

If I recall correctly Rainbow Six had some pretty realistic shooting mechanics (it's been YEARS since I've played it so I might be remembering this incorrectly).