Vision of Aurora Borealis

Pudding321

A young photographer travels to Iceland in search of the Northern lights. There he meets a mysterious, hostile young girl who speaks about elves and curses. What is this curse? Who is she? Join them in an adventure on the barren lands filled with myths, nature, and love.

#Update: Our demo is out now! Check it out:

Windows

Mac

Linux

Hi everyone. It is our first project and we have just launched a campaign on kickstarter to fund the game. Check it out:

2uqoFSs.jpg

Click here for kickstarter!

It's also on Steam Greenlight if it piques your interest.

bOf0KrG.png

Click here for Steam Greenlight!

After my trip to Iceland I have always wanted to write something about it, and I believe visual novels are a great platform that can aid the text with wonderful visuals and sound. It is going to be a 2-hour game with around 10 backgrounds. Instead of trying to incorporate every highschool niche character, this visual novel will focus on the interaction between the protagonist and one female character. We hope you would like her.

Here are some screenshots.

nghAYeE.png

4F4H76d.jpg

21IsheH.jpg

aDVp13o.png

Our progress so far:

Script: 35%
Sprites: 100%
CG Art : 10%
Background Art: 30%
Programming 35%
Music: 30%

We have a dev blog for updates: http://purinproductions.blogspot.com

As well as a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/purinproductions

I want to give a big thanks to all those who have helped me, especially Jackalico, Lexyvil, and Luna Chai who are also in fuwa.

Also thanks to Eclipsed for moving this to ongoing projects.

voted and prob gonna back it tomorrow, I can't find my cc right now :vinty: looks interesting specially this part :Instead of trying to incorporate every highschool niche character, this visual novel will focus on the interaction between the protagonist and one female character.

Eyy welcome to Fuwanovel :D

Looks good, I'll move this thread over to our Ongoing Projects forum; best of luck on your project! 

~~

Also- consider putting your progress information somewhere in the thread; people like seeing that stuff ^_^~

Dev Status:

Script: 35% 
Art: 30% 
Programming: 35%
Music: 15%

This looks really good. Mythology in general fascinates me as it explains the different origins of things in quite a peculiar way. Although I only know Greek and Roman, Icelandic myths also sound interesting. The visuals look good and the soundtrack is pleasant to the ears. I'm interested in how will this turn out.

Good luck with the project guys!

I don't think it's a good idea to open the paypal support without achieving the kickstarter goal first, in this case doesn't really matter because I'm 100% sure it will make it but still bad idea imo.

While I would agree with you, most other people have done this too as I'm sure they did the maths to figure out they'd hit their goal. Some do wait til after the KS as well, though.

Otherwise, it's VEEERYYYY close to hitting it's goal! :)

Ugh, I wish I had money to support this, but I had to loan some out. I'll see if I can get something in for you guys as soon as I get paid back. Otherwise, I'll still throw some words of encouragement. After giving the demo a try, I'm really anticipating the full release of this game. And holy cow, Lexyvil, I'm just now finding out you do music composition! I am liking the atmosphere that your work creates; great job! The art was what initially drew my attention to this game. Out of all the OELVNs I've glanced at so far, the designs in this one are my favorite. I'm liking the story off the bat too; it's refreshing, fantasy-based, and pretty interesting. I only got to know Gryla for a couple minutes, but I'm looking forward to getting to see her more. Teeku

Quick question about the controls. I'm glad this game supports controllers natively, but it only allows you to advance text. Any chance you'll be able to add in other commands like backtracking and hiding the text box in the full version?

Best of luck, guys. :mare:

Just my impression about the demo, but I think the story is kinda...rush somehow? Like, at this pace, I don't think the story will last for 1 hour.

Relax, at least 1 hour of script is written.

I must admit the last few lines in the demo weren't as smooth as I wanted it to be though. We'll change it in the next update.

The music is awesome, the art is very pretty!

However, imo the writing has some pacing problems. I think a better pacing (especially when the MC is introduced) would really help for keeping and emphasizing this eerie feeling you get from the very first scene.

Otherwise, good luck for your project and your kickstarter! :)

• 7 years later...