Re-introduction and One Year Fuwa Goer.

LiquidShu

Well it's been one year since I joined Fuwa today. I was hoping I would get to 1000 posts but I will soon enough  :P

I feel like I have been mostly a lurker and haven't attempted to really engage with the majority of people in this community. As such I would like to reintroduce my self and hopefully participate more in the future  :D

To start off my first name is Thomas, but I prefer to go by Shu online. Ever since I was little I enjoyed watching various cartoons and (later to be known to me as anime) with my Dad and friends. I watched Naruto, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-gi-oh with out knowing where they came from. As I got older my Dad brought me back things from over seas when he went on business trips and I began to love the pop-culture and later historical culture of Japan.

Probably around two and a half - three years ago I started watching anime, reading manga/light novels, and listening to foreign music a great deal more. To be honest I felt quite inferior at first since my knowledge of the industry was and still is limited. Over the past year at Fuwa however I stared to actually want to learn more about the more eccentric things that happen behind the scenes. Of coarse I haven't gotten very far in that regard yet but, oh well. 

Like, the many other people here, I assume Katawa Shoujo, was their gateway to visual novels and then Fuwanovel. Well that stands true for me but I wouldn't have bothered to with out watching Oreimo first. Kirino, the best girl in Oreimo, loves her eroge and after watching I decided I would look some up to play. I stumbled upon Katawa Shoujo and then Fuwanovel after that. I do believe that I have been making decent progress on my played visual novel list, but I still remain far behind many members that frequent the Fuwanovel community.

Moving on to my favorites. When it comes to favorites, I am unfortunately very passive and indecisive, just like that MC we tend to dislike. If forced to choose however White Album 2, Oreimo, and Guilty Crown would be at the very top of the list (which is in no order  :nervous: ) when it comes to anime. Now for visual novels since I have only read something along the lines of 15-17ish it is a bit easier to play favorites. My answer for visual novels is...

KATAWA SHOUJO!

6688_katawa_shoujo_hd_wallpapers.jpg

Yep yep a big shocker right? 

Last but not least comes my favorites for manga. This is easier than anime and visual novels since I just loved it so much. My favorite manga would be Nozoki Ana. Oh gosh did I love this manga. It made me writhe, cry, shout in happiness, and yell in anger. These apply to White Album 2 as well. 

Finally (I lied about the last part) is my love of music. Again it is a shame I do not know any of the technical aspects of music but as a meager consumer I will live with it. Music, music, music, oh how I love thee. It can do just about anything if put into the right hands. Music can create almost any emotion you can imagine and even ones you can't. Music can express wonderful stories and vivid fantasies. Music can bring you up or bring you down. A lot of people seem to dis on a lot of music these days. I can see where they are coming from but I do not agree. Has the lyrical value of music gone down? In some cases, yes. However, that does not mean you can overlook the amazing artists out there that aren't as well known. Even the ones who are and create "shitty" music you do not like have their purpose. The purpose of many new songs is to have fun and get you hyped, nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

*Ahem* sorry to ramble on like that... Anyways this is pretty much an extended version of what is on my profile page. I would like to thank everyone in the community for keeping it alive and kicking. Special shout out to Ken-kun (Monmon) who has played a large role in my life despite what he may think this past year. I hope to get closer to other members of the community as well and if you have any questions ask! 

P.S I tend to use commas/parenthesis a little to much. At least I believe I do, hope it doesn't bother anyone ~~  

P.S.S (Shameless promotion) Check out the K - POP Fuwa Fans thread! It hasn't been active or updated in a while but if you have some interest in it go check it out  :wafuu:

P.S I tend to use commas/parenthesis a little to much. At least I believe I do, hope it doesn't bother anyone ~~  

Most people have trouble with commas. Until the 20th Century, when rules for commas solidified, comma use was pretty much based on your gut. Most people just stuck them in whenever they felt a natural pause took place (not the case any more) and they used far more commas in general than would be appropriate today. That's why historical works tend to be littered with quite a bit more commas.

It's not a terrible error though, the rule of thumb is that it's better to use a comma when in doubt than omit one that was necessary. Jeremy Clarkson, for example, litters his news articles with useless commas and not many people care...

Congrats on your 1000th post.

My first fuwaversary takes place in October~ I've enjoyed the interactions we've had although they've been intermittent at best. Stay classy ;)

Same, hopefully we bump roads a bit more  ^_^

It's not a terrible error though, the rule of thumb is that it's better to use a comma when in doubt than omit one that was necessary. Jeremy Clarkson, for example, litters his news articles with useless commas and not many people care...

Congrats on your 1000th post.

Thanks Rooke, makes me feel a bit better since I enjoy reading your posts from time to time.