Choose One to Save

Kurokusari

Choose one  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Yourself, Your Wife/Husband, Your Child?

This poll is closed to new votes

In summary: I couldn't choose another opition, because I could not afford leaving someone to suffer the lost ones.

I agree. I looked at all the options. Save my kid, wife, myself, or none. When I really get down to it, I don't think I have the willpower to make that kind of decision. As some of you said above, i'd probably freeze up and no one survives as a result. If I save my child can I really say with 100% certainty that he/she'll have a good life. To me, it all also depends on how long i've lived, how long i've been married, how old my child is, and things like that. If my child has already lived for quite a bit and has enjoyed having me and his/her mother as a parent how will he/she react to losing us. I don't want to save my child only to have them suffer through life as a result blaming their self. If I have already lived my life to the fullest and i'm in my declining years anyway what's the point of me being selfish and leaving my family to die. if living by myself will result in nothing but emptiness, guilt, and sorrow then I don't think i'd want to save myself. What about my wife?  To me, like my child if she were the only survivor she'd probably feel guilty about everything as well and I don't want that. Of course, in a real life or death situation I wouldn't have the luxury of thinking about all of this in my head. At heart, I think i'm a cold-hearted person. In the moment i'd probably want to save myself but in all actuality i'd freeze up and we'd all die. That's why I chose None(apparently the 3rd to do so). 

"You can't just become Superman, you have to feel the alienation of Clark Kent first.

You can't just become Batman, you have to experience the pain and suffering of Bruce Wayne first.

You can't just obtain the power of the Incredible Hulk, you have to give away your humanity too"

Based on those words, my personal experiences will probably set me back. I can't just become a superhero and want to sacrifice myself, I can't become Superman in that moment either and just save my child/wife. I'm a weak human being and i'll probably just freeze up and die(as will my family) sad but true.

Ugh. The age-old question. Dislike. Greatly.

However, simply put, my child. Reason is very simple; they have so much more to live for than adults that have already experienced life. There's more to the reasoning than that, but that's the short.

My child, for a simple reason : i wouldn't be able to live without my Wife, and if i save her, i wouldn't be able to die thinking about how i just let my spawn die.

So, in order to die with my wife, i save my son, like that, i'll die as i  lived : romantic. 

yeah, and the son becomes the protagonist in a certain vn.

I voted for Child.

If the marriage & child are ideal xD.. which means I love them both very much.. then, I think I may easily prioritize them above myself.  

I feel that I have a very protective nature... I probably won't even think about my own safety and just do what I think I Should do at that time, which is trying to help my lover or child.  I don't know if I could even live with myself afterwards if I let both people I love so much die when I could have done something about it... it'd probably haunt and guilt me too much and just make me question everything about myself and my life.

-_- just thinking about that scenario is really sad.  I'd choose the child because I believe they are my full responsibility... if I bring them into the world, then I need to protect them and not just abandon them.  It sucks for my lover, but hopefully they'd understand too because it's their child as well.  I know pragmatically, I could just save myself, start over with a new lover & have a new child... but I don't think I'm the type to discard people I truly care about like that as if they're easily replaced and their lives never mattered to me.

Of course, this is all speculation.... in the moment, who knows how I'd really act.  But, I have a strong feeling that I wouldn't just abandon the ones I love and run away by myself if I knew I could save at least one of them even at the cost of my own life.

If I have a daughter, she's the one living no matter what. If it's a son, the wife's the one that's living no matter what.

I'd like to at least get the okay from whoever's the chosen one during the fateful moment though in that they will be able to live on without the others.

If they both say no, aight bb lates I'll be the one to shoulder the burden of being the lone survivor~

If I have a daughter, she's the one living no matter what. If it's a son, the wife's the one that's living no matter what.

I'd like to at least get the okay from whoever's the chosen one during the fateful moment though in that they will be able to live on without the others.

If they both say no, aight bb lates I'll be the one to shoulder the burden of being the lone survivor~

i'm really interested on the reason you'd choose the wife over the 'son'.

since you're the first to mention the gender over the child. :sachi:

Haha, the gender of your child influences your decision on who to save? I'm curious as to why that is ^^;

I think I have a preference for having a daughter over a boy~ but, no matter what gender they may end up being, I'll probably love them because it's my kid. :P

I will save my kid when I really have the option without a doubt. If I chose to save myself, I won't be able to continue my life without regret and It would be the same as I'm dead, and I'm quite sure my future-to-be wife will think the same. You know how deep a real mother's love is to their child right?

As for my kid, he/she is obviously younger than both of us, still have a long life to live, basically carry on our hope and wishes, and I hope by the time our child knew how his/her parents' sacrifice themselves, that kid will be stronger, more independent, and become a good person the way I wish my child in the future.

Damn, perhaps my last words when I'm about to die with my wife would be like: "Dear, we sure had a good run. I don't regret all the time we spent together, now it's time for our child to continue our story, I love you..." theennnn we're dead  :kosame:

I had enough forum  time for today, I think too deep... my brain hurts.

I'd save my wife (well, fiancée at the moment, but same rules). I know full well she has far more going for her in life than I ever do, so her life would be far more worth sparing than my own. I get the impression that decision is based on what I know right now - as I don't have children yet it's difficult for me to imagine, but I'd imagine the question would become that much harder if I did!

I changed my statement to a less agressive one, because i don't want to look like agressive.

I just realized the way I worded it makes it sound like I don't want a son / totally won't value his life at all, but that's totally not the case :nervous:

No special reasoning really, though I may have a white knight complex when it comes to females of the household.

My dad actually told me that if there is ever any life threatening family situation that it would be my job and his to make sure my mom and sister survive *at all costs* cuz women are special :^) soo yeah I guess I'm applying it here, even if to my own son. My philosophy would sound better if there was a daughter too; my son and I will go down swinging to make sure the wife and daughter live on~

Though back to the original scenario, on the (pretty high now that I think about it) chance that the wife wants the son to live, I will abide by that. Though, he better find a good lady that he is willing to protect with his life or I'ma haunt him.

But to be honest, i can't stand sexist reactions, especially when you choose to save your wife over your 4 year old boy son. 

Easily child. It's the duty of parents to pave the way to the future for their offspring. In a very real way, parents already choose to give up their own lives and pursuits when they have children. If this extends to actually literally giving up your life so that your child can continue theirs, it should be a sacrifice any parent is willing to make.

• 3 weeks later...

Man this option remind me of that particular 'Choose your own story' kind of thing that i read. As for my choice, i don't think i have one as of right now. After all this Wife-less and Child-less man don't know yet the significance or value of having either of them, so i can't really choose.

My wife, as I don't plan on having kids but who knows...
If by any chance I chicken out and save myself, I would probably kill myself later on as I could not live with the guilt.

Although it's hard to tell these things from the comfy chair...

• 2 weeks later...

If asked with this question, it's really going to be only either myself or none.

In my defense, it's not like they are immediately dead. It's better to save myself first then call for help then try to save everyone else indirectly by the help of the Doctors. In a sense, it's pretty much saving myself to help my wife and child that are not assumed to be dead already. Overall, I'd save myself first then see what I can do to help the other two. If they die at least I can say to myself and them, "I did my best."

For none, I am crippled to a great extent or dead.

Presumably, I'm in a cliché happy marriage, where my wife would only be depressed over living instead of me and the child, and I want to save both. In this case, I save the child. Sure, they would only be similarly upset over losing their parents; but I can only hope they've a better hope of getting over it or becoming grateful for my sacrifice over their hopefully longer lifespan.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT the amount of people saying they'd save themselves! xD I'd've thought people on a VN board would be more sensitive and shit. I must praise your honesty though! At least it seems pretty clear we're an open bunch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...