Choose One to Save

Kurokusari

Choose one  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Yourself, Your Wife/Husband, Your Child?

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't know. While I don't know if I could personally do it, you do hear/read plenty of news stories of people being that selfless. Definitely not the majority, no, but I wouldn't say it's such an insignificant number to say people wouldn't go that far for their own flesh and blood or even their romantic partner.

Nothing particularly interesting. As far as I remember, I've always been extremely selfish and no one managed to convince me that's not the optimal path for maximum happiness through my life (alongside with planning for the future, having a more or less balanced diet and keeping as much money as possible, of course. Just being selfish won't do you much good) . Though if you want experiences, a teacher who was obsessed with logic and rationality (who had a pretty strict moral code, actually... Though I never saw the logic in it) and being exposed to extreme poverty (without living in it, thankfully) since ever may have gotten me like this.

Myself, really. I can't imagine saving someone with my life at risk. No matter who that someone is. I'm too selfish for that. And really, to me children are just the result of a couple wanting to find something they can both love.

Actually, I'm tempted to pick none because I'm interested in what death feels like, but I'm still sane enough to know where that'll lead to.

Dis some Mass Effect Difficult Choices w/ Lasting Consequences BS

Save da wife. We'll mourn little jack or suzy for the rest of our lives, but we can always procreate again  :wacko:

Uhh you'll also die so your wife is gonna do it with some other man.

Myself, really. I can't imagine saving someone with my life at risk. No matter who that someone is. I'm too selfish for that. And really, to me children are just the result of a couple wanting to find something they can both love.

Actually, I'm tempted to pick none because I'm interested in what death feels like, but I'm still sane enough to know where that'll lead to.

So your name is not just for show.  :makina:

I'm the kind of person who agonizes over the simplest choices and let things happen as they happen, so I might not save anyone. I don't think I could make myself choose who dies, and thus making the most selfish decision of all.  At least no one would have to live without the others.

Though in reality I'm a weak person and scared of dying, so I would most likely just save myself.

I'm the kind of person who agonizes over the simplest choices and let things happen as they happen, so I might not save anyone. I don't think I could make myself choose who dies, and thus making the most selfish decision of all.  At least no one would have to live without the others.

Though in reality I'm a weak person and scared of dying, so I would most likely just save myself.

I think this question comes down to, do you value another person/(concept of life) more than your own life? I can see why you might choose another person. In my mind right now. I think thats wrong. As much as another person life is sacred. I think my life is as well. I won't put another one above myself. Bad luck for others they can't survive without my help.

So, I'd choose myself.

After having experienced depression multiple times.. I have found out that no matter how shitty things are. Living is worth it.

Your life is precious, there's only one of it in the world. But there is 7 billion others not you. We might be connected. But you are just you, you are your own world. And you shouldn't give yours away.

Realistic situation:

I don't think I'll ever have a wife, girlfriend or whatever. So it would be none or myself.

Assuming I would have a wife and a child someday:

I would probably be too shocked to save anyone including myself or I would just save myself. Of course don't know what I would do if it happens.

I would save my child, because the point in life when I would have children is the time when I've experienced all that I want in life. I want to explore the world and just have a lot of experiences in general. So at that point I'd be fine with saving my child, I'd do that so that they can have those experiences and live his/her life to the fullest. And then they'll become a protagonist in a VN because of their tragic past.

But to be honest, I'm not sure if I could actually save someone else, I've never done it before.

I will save myself, Maybe i will ridden with guild and got emotional breakdown because of that. But i bet i wont think of that when this situation happened. When that said situation happened the first thing that will came up to my mind is my will to survive since i love myself so much.

I can always build up new houses with the corpses of my lost ones, be sick thought that is but i cant help it since i love myself too much.

I would save my child, because the point in life when I would have children is the time when I've experienced all that I want in life. I want to explore the world and just have a lot of experiences in general. So at that point I'd be fine with saving my child, I'd do that so that they can have those experiences and live his/her life to the fullest. And then they'll become a protagonist in a VN because of their tragic past.

But to be honest, I'm not sure if I could actually save someone else, I've never done it before.

Yeah I have a similar goal to yours. Experiencing things in itself is a great thing even if it's bad. But I do prefer good experiences. Also, this is mostly a question of how you value your life compared to important people in your life so whether you can do it or not is not a problem. 

I will save myself, Maybe i will ridden with guild and got emotional breakdown because of that. But i bet i wont think of that when this situation happened. When that said situation happened the first thing that will came up to my mind is my will to survive since i love myself so much.

I can always build up new houses with the corpses of my lost ones, be sick thought that is but i cant help it since i love myself too much.

So much love . . . for yourself. But some people can't bear to be the ones left behind but it seems you're different. Quite sturdy, aren't we?