Higurashi (steam version) - PS3 voices and graphics patch

Arrakis

Just a heads up for anyone interested. A group of anons at /jp (4chan) created a voice patch for Higurashi - Chapter 1 Onikakushi (steam version) which places the PS3 voices assets into the game and combines this with a graphics patch.

Current thread link (as of this post):
http://boards.4chan.org/jp/thread/13524077/higurashi-thread-2

A youtube of the patch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJjpLv1fg2M

The github for the patch releases:
https://github.com/higurashi-mod/scripts

“This patch aims to combine the efforts of the ps3 voice patch and the ps3 sprites/background patch, and fill in missing voice files not covered by the original voice patch.

Credits:
•    TheGuraGuraMan - For making the Sprite/BGM Patch.
•    Anon - For providing the PS3 voices and patch.
•    Another Anon - For providing the watermark-less window.”

I'm really enjoying playing Umineko with voices atm, so I'm pretty excited to try this out at some stage.

That looks so much better than the patches for the old version. I think those were supposed to have CGs but for whatever reason they didn't ever show up for me. I can't wait for MG to finish all eight chapters twenty years from now so I could replay it all like this.

That looks so much better than the patches for the old version. I think those were supposed to have CGs but for whatever reason they didn't ever show up for me. I can't wait for MG to finish all eight chapters twenty years from now so I could replay it all like this.

They say the rest won't really take obscenely long.  We could have all eight by this time next year if we're lucky.

They say the rest won't really take obscenely long.  We could have all eight by this time next year if we're lucky.

lol, no. Sorry, but that's not happening. What they say and the reality of things are two different matters. Even after the point MG said things would speed up, the translator is still going at a pace of about 1 chapter every six or more months. For an actually realistic and not exaggerated estimate, I'd say maybe the first eight chapters will finish by this time in 2018. And that's assuming that they speed up even more than they already have.

Actually, just checking MangaGamer's latest update, last three weeks saw 5% of progress on Chapter 2. MangaGamer said that things would speed up a couple months ago. Things are not speeding up. Well, it's their loss. The longer they take between chapters, the more the non-scene impulse buyers on Steam will become disinterested. They need to keep a fast release schedule in order to keep interest high, but MG's lone translator on the project seems incapable of doing this.

Edit: They also said that Da Capo 3 would speed up, and guess what didn't happen? MangaGamer is the new JAST. :P

so could anyone with a little more experience in modding tell me how you're gonna do this?

The really vague description on the site doesnt seem to work :/

This is going to be weird but some anon in 4ch said to overwrite the scripts in the update folder to the scripts folder.

Weird yes, but it works for me.