I just finished If my heart had wings and I don't know what to do with my life anymore.

erodas

So I just finished If my heart had wings ( Kono Ōzora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete) and I have to say this was the most beutifull story I have seen in my life. This was my first visual novel. I was a big anime fan and one day I decided to try out a visual novel and I picked this one. If were to compare this visual novel to all anime I have seen this visual novel would be the best (and I have watced a lot of anime). I mean I loved every character especially Kotori she became my most favorite character ever. I won't play any of the other routes because Kotori route is the only and true ending for me it was so beutifull! I cried many times and I'm still crying now. I wonder what happened to Kotori and Aoi after the ending. Did they marry and had kids? I would like to know but I guess there's no sequel to this :( .This visual novel just left me speechless I will never forget it and always keep it in my heart. Looks like I won't be able to watch anime or read visual novels for a long time now. Have you ever had this feeling when you finished anime or a visual novel and didn't know what to do with your life anymore? And do you have any suggestions what whould I do now?

Thanks for reading! And sorry for bad english. :)

This "emptiness" that you're feeling right now is what many people refer to as the 'void'. You experienced something that is so amazing and had such a big impact on you that after it ended, you feel like part of you went 'missing'. You feel as though you will never going to experience the same thing ever again. You don't know what to do with your life, and the fact that everyone around you are oblivious to what you've just experienced adds to that. 

But don't worry, it will go away in time. What should you do? Simple. Go and experience more things. Remember that KonoSora is just your first visual novel, and as your gateway VN, it's going to leave quite an impact. There are tons of other amazing VNs out there that are as good, or even better, than KonoSora  :sachi:

Edit: Aniki threatened me at gunpoint to recommend Saya no Uta

Well if Konosora had an impact on you, get ready for all the rest of the good vns the industry can offer atm.

I would totally recommend:

Saya no uta

g-senjou no maou

Comyu

Nasu-verse: tsukihime, fate series... etc..

Grisaia trilogy 

Key's vns: little busters, rewrite, clannad... etc...

Katawa Shoujo 

pick any of these... actually why am I doing this , go check this. You will surely find things which you would like from the bottom of your heart! and many of them are better than konosora

Welcome to the world of Visual Novels!

I haven't finished KonoSora yet so I really can't say much about what you'd like but you can't hate a good VN. I can't suggest Katawa Shoujo like most of the people above since I haven't read it yet but it was one that led people to playing more VNs so it should be good. As for me I'll suggest Grisaia no Kajitsu. It's pretty lengthy but it's worth your time although the atmosphere is a lot different from KonoSora. 

Hmm if I'll suggest anything that's close to KonoSora, which is mainly about a club, it would either be Hoshizora no Memoria or Rewrite. Although the two only has the club as the side element but it's still part of the story. And if you want something more about school and about club activities it would be Princess Evangile but it's more on the elections rather than club activities. So yeah haven't read enough VNs to actually suggest really close.

And about that feeling of emptiness, we all feel that after seeing something really amazing in a personal level so even though you might hate it, it's a proof that you've seen something great.

I hate to bash on others prefrences (unless they disagree with mine), but If my Heart had Wings was a very mediocre read for me. Mostly because of Ageha and because working on airplanes reminds me of my emotionaly abusive Dad. Before I drink myself in a stupor, I'll just say that even if my tastes and your tastes are polar oposites the world of VNs is quite vast and the fenced in area that is translated in english is still pretty roomy. You will eventually find something that you enjoy just as much.

Some personal recomendations:

- The MuvLuv Trillogy (DON'T JUDGE IT BY ITS' FIRST INSTALLMENT)

- Grisaia no Kajitsu

- Little Busters (I get the feeling you will realy like this one due to it's similarities with IMHHW, aka group of people get together and work tword a goal)

-Fate/Stay Night

Since you've watched alot of anime I think you watched the Grisaia series too (Kajitsu, Meikyuu and Rakuen).

Unfortuneatly the only VN in this trilogy that is translated is Grisaia no Kajitsu.

If you liked the anime you're gonna love the VN.

And yeah...  My first VN was KonoSora too and I watched alot of anime before reading VNs too so our stories are pretty much the same.

I won't play any of the other routes because Kotori route is the only and true ending for me it was so beutifull! I cried many times and I'm still crying now.

This will change over time. Sooner or later you will play all the routes, if not sooner it will happen when a VN forces you to do it, god I hate that.

Mare is more than enough of a reason to not read the game

FTFY

JK, Mare is not that terrible. 

READ MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE! If you don't like Muv-Luv, skip it and go straight to Alternative. Contrarily to what people say, this is an absolutely acceptable and fully enjoyable experience. I did that, then I played Muv-Luv and I am one of the few people who actually like the first game, well Unlimited is not great, but Extra is just fine.

Edit: Aniki threatened me at gunpoint to recommend Saya no Uta

Edit: Read Saya no Uta next

You guys.. :amane:

But seriously, you'd probably enjoy Katawa Shoujo, Hoshizora no Memoria, Deardrops, Princess Evangile,  or if you want a little more action you could read Comyu :sachi:

I don't know what got you attached to Kotori, but Emi from Katawa Shoujo should destroy you even further, go for KS and you won't regret it. That said, if you just want a good story, Planetarian is both beautiful and good (3~4 hours long).

No, I never had kind of feeling and for recommendation read some more VN because in my opinion if my heart had wings was really medicore.

Agree. Way too cheesy, I mean this is the case in a lot of VN, but the cheesy plot is strong in this one.

You didn't finish IMHHW. You have to read all the routes to finish it. And they are worth-reading, except Ageha's, three of them were much better than Kotori's imo (Amana, Asa, and Yoru), specially Amane, it's an amazing route. You definitely should give them a try.

Agree. Way too cheesy, I mean this is the case in a lot of VN, but the cheesy plot is strong in this one.

What is cheesy? I've never got the meaning of this word.

Greetings Kotori fan!

Anyways I would actually recommend the other routes in IMHHW since they expand on the story and characters quite a bit (especially Amane's route). Though Kotori is best girl and it may seem weird that the main character gets romantically with different characters it definitely worth the read. In my opinion the different romance options are the best part about VN's.

You didn't finish IMHHW. You have to read all the routes to finish it. And they are worth-reading, except Ageha's, three of them were much better than Kotori's imo (Amana, Asa, and Yoru), specially Amane, it's an amazing route. You definitely should give them a try.

What is cheesy? I've never got the meaning of this word.

I don't know if I can explain it to you but, hum... Let's see,

Kotori, her biggest dream is just to fly, to reach the " sky ", and the stars, because... she's a fragile little girl that have girl dreams.

For me, it's game that want you to believe that they are poetic, but this is a scenario that a 12 years old can write in 2 hours. Well of course, it's my opinion though.

If you thought Moenovel's shit translation was beautiful, just wait until we are done with an actual translation! :D

There are some people working on the Snowpresents fandisc translation, but I think that has been stalled for a while.

We might work on the sweet love append disc, but no concrete plans have been made yet.

Also did you play the censored Steam/Moenovel version? Or did you use the uncensoring patch?