Welcome to Fuwanovel Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ittaku

ToHeart2 Translation Project (Beta10 patch available.)

225 posts in this topic

http://ittaku-subs.net

Ruu \o/

This is an amateur ~one man translation project plus ad-hoc helpers for the

ToHeart2 Xrated for PC visual novel

Translation Progress:100.0%

TL Routes complete: Konomi, Manaka, Tamaki, Karin, Yuma, Twins, Yuuki, Sasara, Lucy, flashbacks. (i.e. all)

Translation check: Done for Konomi, Yuma, Yuuki but ideally a fresh translation check required for every route...

Editing Progress: 100%

Edited: Lucy, Manaka, Yuma, Yuuki, Konomi, Karin, Tamaki, Twins, Sasara. (i.e. all)

Proofread: Konomi, Tamaki, Karin, Manaka

Currently proofreading: Yuma

Proofreading progress: 55%

Currently active staff: Conman (aka ittaku), Blake, Benji Price

Full staff list:

Main players:

• Team leader:
  • Conman

Translation:

• Conman

Programming:

• AlphaSixNine
  • Conman
  • Rem
  • Velocity7
  • Kano

Major Editors:

• Ninjakali
  • SL
  • Sovasin
  • Volandum
  • Fred the Barber

Graphic Editing:

• Blake

Translation help:

• Aerul
  • Cala
  • Cheezypoof
  • Jaceryl
  • Kenn
  • SKpride
  • Velocity7
  • Yaluen

Other Editors:

• jdennis00
  • naturesbless
  • Velocity7

Proofreaders:

• Benji Price
  • Conman
  • Vorac

ETA for full patch: Beta10 done, final expected mid 2017. Watch for regular beta releases.

RECRUITING FOR: Translate Check

Sample from running patched game:

th2snapshot.png

th2snap1.png

th2snap2.png
I have been working on this project for literally years almost entirely alone.

I've been hanging out with a dedicated IRC channel at #aikeshi@irc.rizon.net

The latest patch can be found here PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A PRERELEASE AND NOT THE FINAL PATCH:
th2beta10.7z
Note this does not include the game, it only contains freely distributable material to patch the game. It does include a ToHeart2 executable binary but the game designers used a GPL licensed engine on the game so they had to make the source code to it freely distributable thus distributing binaries is fine.

The Xrated game is no longer in print, the official website for it is http://leaf.aquaplus.jp/product/th2x/

Amazon Japan and various other online distributors still sell new and second hand copies.

A PSP all ages version is still on sale today and the official site is http://aquaplus.jp/psp_th2/index.html

Other variants (like DX) are still being released due to the sustained popularity of this game.

Relevant vndb link: https://vndb.org/v20

Statistics:

2267 unique kanji, 345512 kanji total, 2.9M kana. 50+ hours reading.

If you're not familiar with ToHeart2, it's a VN that is over 10 years old now so by today's standards its 600p 4:3 graphics are quite humble. As a visual novel it is extremely dense text wise, with almost 100,000 lines of text (hence why it's taking me so long). It has 9 different girl routes and I've been translating each route one by one and releasing patches as each route has been completed. Not all the routes are of the same duration and story intensity and successfully negotiating the route is very easy. As far as the content of the story goes, it's a mostly light hearted high school harem type story with lots of feel good elements and with mostly amusing and fun characters. It is *extremely* light on with the number of H scenes (though they are hard core) with only one major scene per successful route very close to the end of the story - Xrated was created after the original version, and one character (Sasara) was added to this release. It has had a cult following in Japan for over a decade with tons of anime spinoffs and new figurines and merchandise being created even today.

This is unashamedly my first ever translation attempt. When I started out on this translation project my Japanese was not very strong, so the translation may well be rough in places. As it has been hard to get any help translating this for various reasons, I was basically left doing it all myself. Since I have gone to the effort of trying to translate this 97,000 line monster project myself, could you please limit your comments to constructive criticism only! As it is taking me so long to complete, it also means that the translation improves along each route, and is better with those characters that I translated later.

I am *always* looking for more help to complete this project and bring polish to it but am basically completely alone at the moment and coordinating ad-hoc people has been very difficult. I could really use a better translator to do translation checking and need editors with good English capable of doing entire routes to provide some consistency with the editing style. I rate my English as quite good but there will be obvious silly grammar errors and typos due to the translation being raw 1st pass in places. UK English is my preference so grammar and spelling is in that form except for when editors have accidentally changed it.

You cannot use old saved files as the jump points change each time it's repacked.

The question often gets asked if I'm going to do a non-xrated or psp version of the patch. I'm not planning one. I personally would have been very disappointed to play through such a monster without getting H at the end and it's otherwise the same without 1 or 2 scenes.

Comments? Enjoy!

In addition, I am subbing the Anime OVAs that go with this game and its sequel, Another Days:

To Heart 2 OVAs 1-3

To Heart 2 AD OVAs 1-2

To Heart 2 AD PLUS OVAs 1-2

To Heart 2 AD NEXT OVAs 1-2

May the updates continue dropping from the sky due to someone else's hard work while I throw peanuts from my gallery.

But seriously though, this amount of work and dedication is astonishing! I swear to god I would help you if I could, but I lack skills in every area as well as time and dedication; simply put, I am terrible at everything and as such am rendered useless.

aight, hope you´ll get everything safely done. also thx for everything so far & good luckk

Thanks guys. I fixed the alpha6 patch which mistakenly had a file named sdt.pack that should have been called sdt.pak . The files are otherwise unchanged so if you've already downloaded it you simply need to rename it to the correct file.

I've seen more than a few references to this VN's while reading manga and other stuff, so I've been thinking that this must be a historical piece of art or something. Even if it isn't, I'm interested enough as it is. Good luck with the project

Holy shit the first visual novel I ever bought from Japan way back when I might actually be able to play one day...happy days.

Nice to see thanks for sticking with it for so long and thanks for all the hard work put in thus far. 

Wow, it's been ages! I remember running the japanese version years ago. ToHeart itself is a pure classic and a must read for any visual novel fan.

Updated progress in top post. Doing my favourite character last means this route will take me the least time it seems, even though it's 12.7k lines long. It's still months away though...

I've started the conversion to using the user input name in the beginning in place of the hard coded "Takaaki Kouno" which should be in the next patch release hopefully.

Thanks for the support. I'm thoroughly enjoying this last route and I love the characters and story on the whole so it's nothing but fun to me now which means the progress is accelerating. I can't say it had been that way all the way along but definitely is now.

XReaper likes this

Thanks. I wasn't particularly keeping it a secret, it was just flagging for so long that I had nothing to post and was posting on gemot encubed when I did which is now a dead unmaintained forum and really didn't know where to go to post updates.

Silly me I should have made the connection. I used to check on your project every now and then at the gemot and was totally bummed when the site went down, I thought maybe your project was stopped as well. I'm glad you kept going with it. By the way whatever happened to the gemot? I mean I knew the news site part of it was stopping, but I figured they'd keep the forums open as they had a few regulars there.

Yay, another VN to read! 

I didn't know that this project was happening until now so I'm very happy!   :wafuu:

Thank you for what you have done so far and I wish you luck on completing it.

Thanks to some programming help, flashbacks have now been copied from the translated scenes giving a sudden jump in progress to >90%. Even if edits occur to the translated scenes after this, it will now be easy to copy them across to the flashbacks. I've updated the ETA to just say 3 months which is how long the translation will take but doesn't account for editing, qc etc. though it will coincide with the first beta meaning the first full playable translated patch.

Shiki, Zenophilious, XReaper and 1 other like this

Hope there will be a walkthrough for this once the patching is done this year or 2016, Havent been able to find or get a full walkthrough done on some of the routes.

i ...might get my arse up this week & make on...might..
soo please dont call 4 the sheriff, if its abit later. thx

Hope there will be a walkthrough for this once the patching is done this year or 2016, Havent been able to find or get a full walkthrough done on some of the routes.

I could make one, I played this game like 100 times already so I already know the choices (for the TLed routes)

Oh and also good luck on the project. I've been stalking it since gemot and prayed many times to not be dead. Enjoying Sasara's route a lot so far \('w')/