To Heart 2 for PC Translation Project

ittaku

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm pleased to announce that 'SL' as he'd like to be credited, has finished checking in his edits for the Sasara route. That leaves only Manaka's route's edits to complete, making the editing 95% complete. I don't think I want to release any more beta patches now that the end is in sight. Left to go are completion by the proofreader and the graphic editor.

• 2 weeks later...

So my proofreader has appeared to have fallen off the planet and is uncontactable which makes that position open again if anyone's interested in taking the test and taking on the challenge. 3/9 routes have been proofread and it is nowhere near as demanding as editing.

I'm kinda interested (the test part has me scared) but if I can help, I'm in...seeing as how I just finished the anime and am left completely unsatisfied...

On 11/7/2016 at 8:16 PM, ittaku said:

So my proofreader has appeared to have fallen off the planet and is uncontactable which makes that position open again if anyone's interested in taking the test and taking on the challenge. 3/9 routes have been proofread and it is nowhere near as demanding as editing.

2 minutes ago, MFrost said:

I'm kinda interested (the test part has me scared) but if I can help, I'm in...seeing as how I just finished the anime and am left completely unsatisfied...

Well I can understand the unsatisfied feeling; the original anime tv series was crap, and the OVAs were seriously only enjoyable if you'd already played the game just for the fun of the references to what happens in the game.

Check your private message inbox, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Status update:

I've finished my play through and proofread of Sasara's route. She's still as cute as a button though there are things that greatly annoy me about her route.

Benji Price is powering through and has already finished his proofreads of both Konomi and Tama-nee's routes. That means these routes are now officially put to bed in their final version, barring a TLC magically appearing.

EDIT: For those observant enough to have noticed that these routes were already proofread, I asked BP to do them again to get a feel for the style and for one consistent style to appear in the final version since the previous proofreader stopped before doing the whole lot.

Editing on Manaka's route is still progressing slowly as is graphic editing/decensoring which is now half complete.

Left to complete:

Editing of Manaka's route. This is likely to be the remaining bottleneck for completion of the project.

Proofread of Karin, Yuma, Lucy, Twins, Yuuki, Sasara, Manaka and common scenes. Manaka's proofread cannot be committed till editing is complete.

Graphic editing decensoring of 50% of the H scenes.

Left uncompleted, likely to never happen:

A proper translation check.

Alas I'm unlikely to make it for a Christmas release this year at this rate now which was my hope. Those who've been patient enough to wait till now should wait a little while longer and be rewarded with a much more polished release whenever it's finally completed.

• 2 weeks later...

After very slow progress and then losing contact entirely with the editor, I'm pleased to announce that @Benji Price has foolishly kindly offered to step up to the task of editing Manaka's route in addition to his proofreading role, thanks! This should hopefully get us back on track with an end in sight again. He has also finished proofreading Karin's route. More graphic editing has been completed too (though I can't give you an accurate percentage) so everything should be smooth sailing from here on.

Ruu \o/