To Heart 2 for PC Translation Project

ittaku

• 1 month later...

Project is still alive and active. Waiting on 2 editors to check in Sasara and Manaka's routes.

I've posted a recruitment blog post, looking for more help as you can see below:

I've had quite a few people offer to do proofreading but no takers for any of the other positions. As I expect my current editors will stop after editing the routes they're doing, that will leave me without any editors, despite there being more routes needing editing. It's hard to maintain momentum for such a long-standing project, but if you want to help, please contact me. I'd like to close the project this year and if there are no takers for editing by midyear, I'll probably have to force myself to edit myself which I'd rather not do since editing your own work tends to make you gloss over your own errors.

I'm interested in image editing if you want to give me a shot.

NSFW obviously.

https://yande.re/post?tags=user%3A21603

https://konachan.com/post?tags=user%3A21603

Not sure if you will be able to see my accounts without having one of your own so I'll post a few links to some images I've edited.

Most recent one:

https://yande.re/post/show/351667

Detexted image:

https://konachan.com/post/show/214543/animal-ass-barefoot-black_hair-blue_eyes-blush-bre

"Nudified":

https://konachan.com/post/show/214597/bed-bikini-blonde_hair-blue_eyes-cat_smile-doll-le

De-Censored although the "censor" on it was crap:

https://konachan.com/post/show/213148/blush-breasts-flowers-japanese_clothes-kantai_coll

My profile on both boards are a mix of detexted images and some simple de-censoring work. I've also done some Manga, but I haven't uploaded them anywhere. If you want sample I can get them to you.

If you could show a few samples of the kind of text you wanted edited that would be great. Would also help any other image editors who come along to gauge the difficulty and time it would take to help you out. I assume you mean you want menu buttons and the UI images edited. Are there many images in the game's CG that require text editing?

I've just had a look at the CG on ExHentai and it looks fairly straight forward. Let me know what you think or if you've already found someone more capable.

If you want to provide some sample CG's as a test to de-censor that would be cool.

Great, thanks for the offer. Your work looks great to me. The text jobs are really simple edits for the most part without backgrounds, some are full screen pics with clouds in the background while others are basic text on blank background menu buttons.

As for the H pictures, here are two samples, including a P and a V. Obviously NSFW:

http://ittaku-subs.net/hpixel.png

http://ittaku-subs.net/h001031.png

Note that this game's been popular and around for so long that there are a swag of these original images on the internet with amateur decensoring already but they are of variable quality and inconsistent in style.

Edited by Down
Read the NSFW pics rules plz...

3 hours ago, Blake said:

What do you get when you extract the images from the archives? To you get a CG image and a bunch of sprites to go along with them like a wet layer, ejaculation, and various other things or are the CG images all one thing.

All in one. It's rare for static H scenes in VNs to be multilayered.

EDIT: Specifically, they're all single layer uncompressed targa files, even the sprites (which don't feature on the H scenes at all in this game).

Yeah I've only ever had one VN that I extracted that used sprites to layer on effects like that. Shame because it makes de-censoring things that little bit more difficult than it needs to be and if you think about it, it's only serving to bloat the file size of the final game because you need to include all the duplicate images. Very inefficient.

Do you want me to try those sample out for de-censoring.

Just now, Blake said:

Yeah I've only ever had one VN that I extracted that used sprites to layer on effects like that. Shame because it makes de-censoring things that little bit more difficult than it needs to be and if you think about it, it's only serving to bloat the file size of the final game because you need to include all the duplicate images. Very inefficient.

Do you want me to try those sample out for de-censoring.

Yes please! Also I should point out the post I made about out-of-focus preprocessing I made on the "dicks" thread. Not sure if it's helpful or not:

I'll dust off the tablet and have a look at the rod tonight.

As for your blurring method. I can't really say if it would be a help or a hindrance since what I do is draw rough lines for the shape first then go over the whole area with the skin tone completely removing the mosaic. After that I add back in all the surrounding details and refine it from there.

That's all easier said than done though. Damn it!

Just now, Blake said:

I'll dust off the tablet and have a look at the rod tonight.

As for your blurring method. I can't really say if it would be a help or a hindrance since what I do is draw rough lines for the shape first then go over the whole area with the skin tone completely removing the mosaic. After that I add back in all the surrounding details and refine it from there.

That's all easier said than done though. Damn it!

Yes I know well what's involved since I was part of a scanlation group for many years and had some damn good editors doing it back then, though nothing we did was H. Good luck!

It looks like the recruitment drive is bearing fruit \o/

Welcome aboard Fred The Barber as an editor who will be tackling Tamaki Kousaka's route. That leaves only one route that needs an editor, the twins' route.

Welcome aboard Vorac as a proofreader. Two other proofreaders are currently also applying.

Ruu \o/

Just now, Fred the Barber said:

Thanks, ittaku, for giving a first-time editor an opportunity to break into the biz. Looking forward to helping get your labor of love across the finish line and into the delivery room.

Hopefully that got all the clichés and mixed metaphors out of my system.

Labour, you're fired.

No, I'm glad to have you aboard :)

23 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

If this was already stated, I apologize. For anyone that wants to support Leaf, I found this game for around $40 on http://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/en/detail/aquap_0012/#caution_top . I plan on buying it when the TL is complete.

I can't get that link to work, but it is available on amazon. http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000BO9MKY/ They won't deliver overseas so you'd have to use a delivery service such as kaigai tenso http://en.kaigai-tenso.com/

Progress update: Fred the barber has checked in his edits for the Tamaki route and random scenes in record time, bringing the total edited progress to 70%. I'll be reinserting and play testing her route over the next week meaning a new beta is planned soon, probably within a week. In addition, welcome Blake on board as a graphic editor who will be editing icons and, more importantly, decensoring pictures \o/ After an extensive back and forth he met my rigid standards required to make the results seamless enough to fap to enjoy.

The only mandatory task left without an allocated staff member is the editing of the twins' route. Hopefully one of the existing editors can pick this up when they're done with their other tasks. Unbelievably, there's a visible end in sight for this project, even if it is still a way off.

1 minute ago, ittaku said:

Progress update: Fred the barber has checked in his edits for the Tamaki route and random scenes in record time, bringing the total edited progress to 70%. I'll be reinserting and play testing her route over the next week meaning a new beta is planned soon, probably within a week. In addition, welcome Blake on board as a graphic editor who will be editing icons and, more importantly, decensoring pictures \o/ After an extensive back and forth he met my rigid standards required to make the results seamless enough to fap to enjoy.

The only mandatory task left without an allocated staff member is the editing of the twins' route. Hopefully one of the existing editors can pick this up when they're done with their other tasks. Unbelievably, there's a visible end in sight for this project, even if it is still a way off.

Will there still be an option for a mosaic'd version of the TL?  When I got F/sn Realta Nua, I immediately switched the mosaics back on because the uncensored genitals looked like shit, IMO.  I'm not expecting some sort of in-game toggle, just two separate versions of the TL or the decensoring patch listed separately, in case I'd like to see dem pixels again.  No offense meant to Blake or anything, I just like having more options available.

14 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Will there still be an option for a mosaic'd version of the TL?  When I got F/sn Realta Nua, I immediately switched the mosaics back on because the uncensored genitals looked like shit, IMO.  I'm not expecting some sort of in-game toggle, just two separate versions of the TL or the decensoring patch listed separately, in case I'd like to see dem pixels again.  No offense meant to Blake or anything, I just like having more options available.

Sure, a small patch without the graphics amounts to only about a 10MB patch like the current beta patches whereas including the graphics makes it 900MB anyway. Nothing's set in stone at this stage, and I need a windows scripter to make patching it from a small archive instead of just replacing the whole graphics pak file.

After a cursory proofread and play through of Tama-nee's route, I've created a new prerelease patch, beta 9, and uploaded it with the link in the top post. In addition to a fully edited Tamaki route, common night scenes have been edited, and numerous other minor fixes in the script for consistency and style, along with a fair chunk of Sasara's route edited are included. As per Konomi's route, Tamaki's route also invades a large portion of the common route, making the bulk of the common scenes now fully edited.

I'm also happy to announce that Fred the SuckerBarber has also volunteered to edit the twins' route meaning all the remaining routes now have an editor allocated. If he's as quick on this route as the previous one, another beta patch will be out in a month. Editing progress is now at ~75%.

Ruu \o/

• 4 weeks later...

Progress update: Blake has checked in all the menus and icons graphically edited into English and I've successfully reinserted them. Distributing 900MB just for the menus seems a waste though so I may just have to figure out how to script the reinsertion batch file myself in Windows (I'm exclusively a linux person normally) with only the edited pics unless someone comes forth to help create what is likely a very simple batch file.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress update: Vorac has checked in a proofread Konomi route. Editors continue to progress smoothly. I'm still hopeful for a 2016 conclusion to this project but I'm wary of prodding and annoying my editors too much and losing them before the work is done.

Fred the barber has checked in his edits for the twins' route (thanks!) This brings the edits to 85% complete. After proofreading the good end components of the route (and corrected spelling back to English from American), I've created a new prerelease patch, beta10. The link is in the top post.