ittaku

To Heart 2 for PC Translation Project

Is the missing dialogue for Yuuki and the Twins fixed? I've put both routes on hold for now, because I didn't want to miss 15 minutes worth of content in the middle of a route.

Also, should someone make a discussion thread, linking to the translation project and walkthrough in Visual Novel Talk? It seems appropriate to me, as the translation and walkthrough threads start showing traces of off-topic, because we lack a thread for that.

I don't want to jump the gun here, since it's your project after all.

All on-screen text is completely translated so you're able to fap enjoy them to your heart's content. Even the H memoirs are all translated. Some menu items and icons will still be in Japanese but nothing dramatic to detract from the game.

I don't mind other threads being started to discuss it and link here. I certainly monitor any discussion about it and participate but I'm happy to be responsible for just this thread.

Looking through some of the earlier routes it's pretty clear there's still a lot of editing required to get rid of silly typos and grammos as even the early edits seem to have missed a lot of them. Fortunately I've had quite a few people contact me about editing but again nothing's finalised and I certainly wouldn't mind if there were multiple editors each responsible for a route (or even better doing multiple edit passes). As for consistency, it's funny how people make issue of lack of consistency in editing or translating when there are often multiple authors in the original Japanese versions of games - in this VN there were actually 4 different authors and the style of each is obviously different to me when I translated different girls' routes.

There are still some missing name codes in the beta4 patch and while I'm not really keen to do any more editing myself, using software based matching I'm still adding to fixes for the obvious ones, but I'll save up for when there are enough changes to warrant releasing a new beta patch.

Welcome Sovasin aboard as an editor \o/ Ruu. He'll probably be the first serious editor this project has ever really had. This does not preclude others taking on an editing role as I mentioned before - each editor can tackle one route at a minimum and multiple edit passes would improve this out of sight.

I've gone back and looked at the To Heart 2 anime series, which I was part of the original team that fansubbed it (Aquastar anime). After completing the translation for this game, I decided the OVAs created for it are excellent additions to the To Heart 2 world, until the Dungeon Travellers series where it went downwhill. So as an extra feature to the game I've started re-subbing the OVAs. They are all side stories based on the original game or its sequel, Another Days, but have many references to things that only happen in the game itself so it makes the most sense to watch them after playing the game.

The announce page for the first lot of releases, OVAs 1-3 is here:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=707732

They have been translate checked and significantly updated with numerous corrections compared to the AQS releases, and the style has been updated to match that used in the game itself. The other thing these releases have over the original is BD sourced 720p raws. It's otherwise a fairly simple sub without credits, hardsubs for signs or karaoke.

My various editors have been busily working away \o/

Sovasin has completed editing Yuuki's route.

Ninjakali has committed numerous edits to the first half of Yuma's route.

Volandum is busy on Konomi's route.

Two more editor hopefuls applied but have not returned their editor's test or have run away.

Various bugs and inconsistencies in the script and translation errors pointed out to me have been fixed.

A new beta release is out with these improvements, beta5 (link in top post).

In addition, I've finished subbing the first set of Another Days OVAs.

[ittakuSubs]_To_Heart_2_AD_1-2_[720p]

And now for me to get to work on the AD Plus OVAs while the editors continue beavering away.

Ruu \o/

And the final OVAs that I'm subbing as part of this project, AD Next.

[ittakuSubs] _To _Heart _2 _AD _Next _1-2 _[720p]

Links to all the subs have been placed on my homepage and in the opening post.

I will not be subbing the dungeon travellers OVAs as they have hardly anything to do with the To Heart 2 story (a franchise taken too far).

Conman... you, sir, are a saint. Your dedication to this project is amazing, having stuck with it for as long as you have. Many kudos to you.

I have to ask: Do you plan on translating Another Days (the VN, not the anime) as well? I believe I asked this on gemot forum a while back before it went down, but never got an answer. If you don't, I completely understand. After having translated a monster of a VN (alone at that), you deserve a much needed break.

Conman... you, sir, are a saint. Your dedication to this project is amazing, having stuck with it for as long as you have. Many kudos to you.

I have to ask: Do you plan on translating Another Days (the VN, not the anime) as well? I believe I asked this on gemot forum a while back before it went down, but never got an answer. If you don't, I completely understand. After having translated a monster of a VN (alone at that), you deserve a much needed break.

Thanks for the support :)

See my quote when I was last asked if I was translating anything again.

Never say never though...

I played Another Days after finishing the translation for this and it wasn't as bad as I first thought, but it's nowhere near as good as the original (mostly lack of consistency, some parts are good some bleh). However since there is no "team" to speak of, the original coders I had extracting text and creating the custom reinsertion code for this project and so on have long since moved on. I don't have the energy to do all those things for a project again and I have to tell you, being alone for 5 of the 7 years this project was in existence was pretty lonely. I never want to repeat that. The only reason I persisted with this project was as you see in my quote above. I feel rather empty having finished the project now but I can't possibly commit to the amount of hours this first project sucked out of my life - unlike others in this scene I'm not that young and have a family and kids.

I'd love for there to be an excuse to work on Another Days, but there are parts of it I really wouldn't want to translate - Ma-ryan's route annoyed the hell out of me, Ikuno annoys me even more, and there's a loli route (even though it has no H ending) which I can't even bring myself to play through, let alone translate. With a team of people, sure I'd love to translate the 4 more "normal" routes (Harumi, Charu, Yocchi and Silfa), but I'm not embarking on anything like this myself since I could never finish the rest (nor the programming).

Dont throw rocks at me because of what im going to ask... but this game, how much percent of it has been translated? 

Ok, I know that I should read the first page of this post. But If someone wants to answer me, I will give him/her a present  :mare: . Sometimes I get lost between all the exchanges of users here, and its because of this that Im asking this stupid question.

Dont throw rocks at me because of what im going to ask... but this game, how much percent of it has been translated? 

Ok, I know that I should read the first page of this post. But If someone wants to answer me, I will give him/her a present  :mare: . Sometimes I get lost between all the exchanges of users here, and its because of this that Im asking this stupid question.

Where's the present, delapropia?  You gotta pay up.

I've been stealth liking every update you post here, ittaku, but I thought I might as well thank you directly.  It takes an impressive amount of commitment to stick with a translation for as long as you've stuck with this one, and I salute you for it.  My thanks to you and Ninjakali, Sovasin, Volandum, and the former members of your team for working on this translation ^_^

I've been stealth liking every update you post here, ittaku, but I thought I might as well thank you directly.  It takes an impressive amount of commitment to stick with a translation for as long as you've stuck with this one, and I salute you for it.  My thanks to you and Ninjakali, Sovasin, Volandum, and the former members of your team for working on this translation ^_^

B)  You're most welcome.

Do you still need editors? I'm a novelist; I don't have any experience editing visual novels, though I've done a ton of proofreading, line editing and structural editing for novels (not that you need the latter).

Just to clarify: is this editing, proofreading, or copyediting?

Editing: rewrites sentences: "to review and change the text to improve flow, prose and overall quality of the work."

Proofreading: only fix spelling, grammar and punctuation: "examine final draft to catch all errors: corrects spelling, grammar, typos and incorrect dialect."

Copyediting: proofreading + making sure the work is written in the same style throughout.

Let me know if you need any of the above; I'd be happy to help.

Do you still need editors? I'm a novelist; I don't have any experience editing visual novels, though I've done a ton of proofreading, line editing and structural editing for novels (not that you need the latter).

Just to clarify: is this editing, proofreading, or copyediting?

Editing: rewrites sentences: "to review and change the text to improve flow, prose and overall quality of the work."

Proofreading: only fix spelling, grammar and punctuation: "examine final draft to catch all errors: corrects spelling, grammar, typos and incorrect dialect."

Copyediting: proofreading + making sure the work is written in the same style throughout.

Let me know if you need any of the above; I'd be happy to help.

Thanks for the offer. Yes I still need both editors and proofreaders as you've defined them above. Please PM me your email and I'll send you instructions for the editor's test and we can take it from there. I need capable editors who have the stamina to do at least one route which is ~15000 lines.

I just wanted to tell you, thank you for your hard work, i waited so much for this and you finally made this litle dream come true, congrats and i really hope you have a wonderfull life

ps: sorry for the bad english and i know a lot of people think the same just dont comment here

I just wanted to tell you, thank you for your hard work, i waited so much for this and you finally made this litle dream come true, congrats and i really hope you have a wonderfull life

ps: sorry for the bad english and i know a lot of people think the same just dont comment here

Thanks very much. I appreciate any feedback. The editors are still busily working on ironing out some of the (many) kinks in the translation, but no translation checker has volunteered as of yet.

For those wondering if/what I'm doing next, I'm now helping out with the translation side of the Clover Day's project. That, of course, will not interfere with the completion of this project.

Ruuuuuuu \o/

I too would like to convey my thanks.  It is, in fact, the reason I signed up for an account here.  You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

My kanji is....not so good, but I did notice a few things when playing that might already be fixed.  I'll shoot you a PM just in case.

Just throwing this out there, but you wouldn't really have to do all of Another Days.  Harumi, of course, Yocchi, naturally, and Tama-nee because she sounds just like Itou Shizuka-sama. ;)  That's really all that needs to be done.  Hikki can stay in a box for all I care. :)  

Still, I wouldn't mind finding out what Saryan did to deserve getting tied up like that...     

Ruuuuuuu \o/

I too would like to convey my thanks.  It is, in fact, the reason I signed up for an account here.  You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

My kanji is....not so good, but I did notice a few things when playing that might already be fixed.  I'll shoot you a PM just in case.

Just throwing this out there, but you wouldn't really have to do all of Another Days.  Harumi, of course, Yocchi, naturally, and Tama-nee because she sounds just like Itou Shizuka-sama. ;)  That's really all that needs to be done.  Hikki can stay in a box for all I care. :)

Still, I wouldn't mind finding out what Saryan did to deserve getting tied up like that...