Japanese chat game (for language learners)

sanahtlig

Each post should contain the following elements:

1. Discuss something in Japanese.

2. Translate the post above your's from Japanese to English.

3. (Optional) Point out an error in the Japanese or English translation of another post, or clarify a misunderstanding resulting from one of your posts if you can't address it in Japanese.

Please put all English in spoilers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

俺はsanahtligです。英語の字は面倒ですから、サナもいいです。俺の名前の古事来歴を知りたいですか?gilthanasの逆走です。とてもオリジナルですから、ウェブけんさくには便利です、SEOもいいです。

Translation: I am sanahtlig. The English writing of my name is strange, so I don't mind if you call me "sana". Do you want to know the origin of my name? The opposite spelling of my name is gilthanas. It's very original, so calling me "SEO" is another recommend online nickname you can call me.

サナは名前の古事来歴知ってほしい!

(私は日本語が駆け出し.)

Each post should contain the following elements:

1. Discuss something in Japanese.

2. Translate the post above your's from Japanese to English.

3. (Optional) Point out an error in the Japanese or English translation of another post, or clarify a misunderstanding resulting from one of your posts if you can't address it in Japanese.

俺はsanahtligです。英語の字は面倒ですから、サナもいいです。俺の名前の古事来歴を知りたいですか?gilthanasの逆走です。とてもオリジナルですから、ウェブけんさくには便利です、SEOもいいです。

I'm sanahtlig. Since using english characters (switching to english just to type his name) is tiresome, "サナ" is ok too. Do you want to know the

background/origin behind my name? It's the reverse spelling of "gilthanas". Being very much original, it's convenient to web search, and also has good SEO.

書くのは無理だわ。

Zalorの日英はちょっと違いますですから、他の誰さんは俺の始めの書き込みを訳す貰いますか?

I think you wanted to say something like: "Since Zalor's Japanese-to-English translation is a bit inaccurate, could someone else translate my original post?"

Couple of issues, I think, with your sentence (but I'm also kind of a beginner myself so...):

日英 means Japanese-English and I don't think you can use it standalone like that; you probably want 英訳 (English translation) or plain old 翻訳

違いますです is incorrect; no です after ます

誰さん litterally "miss/mister 誰" is strange; you probably mean 誰か他の人 or 他の誰か

訳す貰います is incorrect; it's -te + morau, so 訳してもらいます

But a bigger problem is that 誰かは…もらう would mean "someone receives" so you are saying "would someone receive the fact that (I) translate my original post?" or something like that; you probably want くれる or you can phrase your sentence differently with に:

誰かに始めのメッセージを訳してもらいますか?

誰かは始めのメッセージを訳してくれますか?

このスレッドはいい考えですね。私には日本語の読む力はまあまあなのに、何を書くときは、どっちの言葉を選ぶべきかわからないって、難しすぎって、いつも思うんですが、これはいいチャンスでしょう。

EDIT:

@Funnerific

自分のあだ名がMLPファンの頃から残ったが、一昨年の秋でアニメとエロゲーに興味が替わった。しかし結構オリジナルですから、まだ使ってるよ。新 しいあだ名のことについてまだ考えなかった。それに、その過去は別にあんなに恥ずかしくないと思う。(forgive my Japanese)

"My own nickname is a leftover from when I was a MLP fan, but [i'm guessing] by last fall my hobbies had switched from anime to erogames. However, since it's pretty unique, I still use it. I haven't (really) thought about a new nickname. Besides, I think that legacy isn't that embarassing."

I had some trouble with the 「アニメとエロゲーに興味が替わった」 part, so I guessed. As far as I know, Xに替わる generally means "to replace X;" besides here it sounds to me as if 興味 is replacing that something. I'd suggest splitting the clause and using なる:

エロゲーがアニメに代わって趣味となってしまった

(Litterally, "Erogames completely replaced anime and became my hobby".)

Or maybe more simply:

興味にはアニメにエロゲーが替わった

EDIT:

@Funnerific

"My own nickname is a leftover from when I was a MLP fan, but [i'm guessing] by last fall my interests had switched from anime to erogames. However, since it's pretty unique, I still use it. I haven't (really) thought about a new nickname. Besides, I think that legacy isn't that embarassing."

I had some trouble with the 「アニメとエロゲーに興味が替わった」 part, so I guessed. As far as I know, Xに替わる generally means "to replace X;" besides here it sounds to me as if 興味 is replacing that something. I'd suggest splitting the clause and using なる:

エロゲーがアニメに代わって趣味となってしまった

(Litterally, "Erogames completely replaced anime and became my hobby".)

Or maybe more simply:

興味にはアニメにエロゲーが替わった

まあJparserの問題はParserの部分だと思う。ハズレが多すぎる。

Edict辞典はあまり良くないけど初心者として日本語辞典は使えないから仕方がない。

Well, the problem with Jparser is the parser aspect I think.  There are too many errors.

The EDICT dictionary isn't very good (either) but beginners can't use Japanese-Japanese dictionaries so there's no good alternative.

最近、私は日本語の勉強するのを再発でも刺激がすでに死にました。

I recently restarted my Japanese studies, but my motivation has already died.

@Down:ミスを指す、有り難う。

@Elairiah:俺も。まあ、スレッドを作る理由はその為だから。

@Funnerific Oh I see now; I think you wanted this 変わる (to change [to]) instead of 替わる (to replace). Both are read かわる. I got confused because Xと替わる also exists.

@Down:ミスを指す、有り難う。

@Elairiah:俺も。まあ、スレッドを作る理由はその為だから。

"Thanks for pointing out my mistakes.

Me too. Well, it's why I created this thread."

以前mecabやjparserなどをよく使ったが、今は文法をたくさん勉強してから、普通に自分の解析した方がいいと思います。
単一言語辞書で言葉を調べるのはまだちょっと難しいので、今の好きな辞書はEIJIROです。けれども、EIJIROの例文が足りないことがあります。そのときだけgooとyahooで言葉を引くのです。

以前mecabやjparserなどをよく使ったが、今は文法をたくさん勉強してから、普通に自分の解析した方がいいと思います。

単一言語辞書で言葉を調べるのはまだちょっと難しいので、今の好きな辞書はEIJIROです。けれども、EIJIROの例文が足りないことがあります。そのときだけgooとyahooで言葉を引くのです。

I often used mecab and jparser before, but since I('ve) study(ied) a lot of grammar, I think it's better to do the parsing myself (without assistance).

Because it's still a little tough just to use a Japanese-Japanese dictionary, my preferred dictionary is currently EIJIRO.  However, sometimes the example sentences in EIJIRO are insufficient (number or quality?).  In those cases I look up the words using goo or yahoo.

怠け者だから宿題を21時に怠けます。

本当、日本語を学習したいでも怠惰が強すぎんだ。

後日にとっても悔いは来ますよ。

文法はつまらなすぎだ。。。

はぁぁ、何かを言うを知らない。

I'm a slacker so I put off my homework til 9pm.

I really do want to study Japanese but my laziness is too strong.

I'm going to regret it later.

Grammar is so boring.

Sigh, I don't know what I'm saying.

@Elairiah:君の書く力はなかなかですけど、読む時に気をつけてね?俺の英訳(二倍)を見るがいいと思います。俺の読む力は強い,日本語のエロゲーを読みますですから。

Check out my translations of the posts you've translated.

Note to everyone: If someone else translates the same post as you did, make sure you read their translation!  They may be pointing out a mistake you made!

The translations are part of this game to make sure everyone's on the same page.  It's very important that comprehension mistakes get noticed and pointed out, and this is the only way to make sure that happens.  In general, the original poster can't point out translation mistakes because while he knows what he wanted to say, what he wrote may not actually say that.  Therefore it's up to others to point out translation issues (with a focus on comprehension and not so much the details).

@sanahtligさん、ちょっと失礼ですが、「ます」や「です」などは丁寧な言い方ですが、「君」と「俺」はカジュアルですね。意味ははっきりとわかりますが、両方の言葉を一緒に使うのは少しおかしいと思います。これは練習のスレッドなので、必ずしも丁寧ではなくてもいいのに、同じ文で同じ言い方の方がいいかもしれません

@Elairiahさん、文法を勉強して頑張ってくださいね! 実に私としては文法が楽しいんです。文法を勉強すればするほどビジュアルノベルを読めるんですよ。そして、既知の文法構成を見つけたら、「なるほど!」って言って満足するでしょう

Too lazy to correct everything, but the things that bugged me most:

俺はsanahtligです。英語の字は面倒ですから、サナもいいです。俺の名前の古事来歴を知りたいですか?gilthanasの逆さ読みです。とてもオリジナルですから、ウェブけんさくは便利です、SEOもいいです。

サナ名前の古事来歴知りたい!

(私は日本語駆け出し.)

SEOはホント/ほんとうにあだ名ですか?SearchEngineOptimizationじゃないですか?

ちょっと違います、Zalorさん。名前の古事来歴は既に言いました。

@zoom909:

「SEO」と思います。

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=seo+jp
Tayは「SEO』といつも呼んでいます

Zalorの日英(??翻訳?)はちょっと違いますですから、他の誰かに俺の始めの書き込みを訳して頂けますか?

書くのは無理だ(わ = very feminine marker lol)

自分のあだ名がMLPファンだった頃から残った(word choice)が、一昨年の秋からそう言う趣味はアニメとエロゲーと替わった(替わる = Intransitive, which usually don't take particle に for a -> b)。しかし結構オリジナルですから、まだ使ってるよ。新しいあだ名のことについてまだ考えなかった。それに、その過去(??nan- to the nani?)は別にあんなに恥ずかしくないと思う。(forgive my Japanese)

結果的にあんまり勧めません。小学者(not a word)ですから。

ミスがいっぱいありますね、俺の言葉に。面目ないです。日本語の読む力に結構自信有りますけど(JParserが有る限り),書く力は別の話です。文法には苦手です。有り難う御座います、叱正のこと。

Jparserは結構便利はずなのに、自分の場合(word choice)では嫌。邪魔とか、悪目立ち(makes little sense in this context)とか、そういうことだから。

漢字勉強するのが不足ですから、JParserが必要と思います、自分の場合にとって

最近、私は日本語の勉強するのを再発してきました。でも刺激がもう死にました。

勉強とても疲れた、目が痛い

勉強が好きか

以前mecabやjparserなどをよく使ったが、今は文法をたくさん勉強してきたから、今は自分解析した方がいいと思います。

怠け者だから宿題は一日21時に怠けます。

本当、日本語を学習したいけど怠惰が強すぎんだ。

後日にとっても悔いは来ますよかも

文法はつまらなすぎだ。。。

はぁぁ、何を言えばいいか分からない

@Elairiah:君の書く力文章力はなかなかですけど、読む時に気をつけてね?俺の英訳(二倍)を二重にた方がいいと思います。俺の読む力は強い,日本語のエロゲーを読みますですから。

@sanahtligさん、ちょっと失礼ですが、「ます」や「です」などは丁寧な言い方ですが、「君」と「俺」はカジュアルですね。意味ははっきりとわかりますが、両方の言葉を一緒に使うのは少しおかしいと思います。これは練習のスレッドなので、必ずしも丁寧ではなくてもいいのに、同じ文で同じ言い方の方がいいかもしれません

@Elairiahさん、文法を勉強して頑張ってくださいね! 実にとって文法が楽しいんです。文法を勉強すれば(勉強を)するほどビジュアルノベルを読めるんですよ。そして、既知の文法構成を見つけたら、「なるほど!」って言って満足されるでしょう

Yeah, I've been looking over the stuff you've translated and it feels terrible. Back to Tae Kim, I suppose.

Your writing is (なかなか(I don't know this word's meaning in English)), but be careful when you read, okay? I think it'll be good if you look at my English translations. My reading is strong because I read Eroge's in Japanese.

先に私は日本語のメッセージを忘れたごめんなさい。

さぁ、これは悪く書いた文がある。

鶏は道を通りだと、鶏の通りの意味は何ですか。

I forgot to leave a Japanese message before (this edit).  Sorry about that.

Now, this is a badly written word/sentence. (The following sentence contains an error or other problem?)

If the chicken crossing (crossing as a noun) the street, what is the meaning of the "chicken crossing" (crossing is a noun)"?

訳しましたけど、問題の意味が分かりません。

@Elairiahさん、文法を勉強して頑張ってくださいね! 実に私としては文法が楽しいんです。文法を勉強すればするほどビジュアルノベルを読めるんですよ。そして、既知の文法構成を見つけたら、「なるほど!」って言って満足するでしょう

@sanahtlig: Sorry if this sounds rude, but while -masu and ~desu indicate politeness, "kimi" and "ore" are casual.  While the (literal) meaning is quite clear, it's a little odd to use both together (in the same sentence) in my opinion.  This being a thread to practice (Japanese), while it's not always necessary to use the polite form, it's probably best to at least be consistent (use only polite forms or only casual forms in a given sentence).

@Elairiash: Good luck on studying (Japanese) grammar, I'm rooting for you!  I actually enjoy studying grammar.  The more effort you put into grammar study, the more you can read visual novels.  When you come across a grammar pattern you know, you'll say "Aha, I know this!" and that's a satisfying feeling.

@Renumnumさん:まあ、そうでしょうねえ。ちょっと粗相かも知らないです。気おつけます。

@astro様:わあ、ミスいっぱいありましたねえ。本当に有り難うございます。ご苦労様でした。貴方のお陰でLEVELUPの感じがします。多分。とにかく、LEVELDOWNはしません、死になければ。