Request: Change in Signature Dimensions

There'll always be the person that comes along with a 800 x 200 signature and that's when things get annoying to look at and as Nayleen said back then if we keep increasing the size limit, people start making signatures bigger and flashier than their posts. I've already had to remove some signatures because they were outrageously flashy and distracting and they were only 150 pixels high.

You can make a decently proportional signature that's 150 pixels high, you don't have to use the full 800 pixels width (most people don't), it's clearly not impossible, of course if you want a 2:1 proportion signature, that's obviously going to hinder you a bit since you're trying to use an almost square picture, but most people don't usually use such proportions and stick with wider rectangular stuff and 150 pixels is more than enough for that.

A signature is not meant to be a 2nd avatar or a painting for people to gaze at, people always want bigger and bigger sizes for everything, but there has to be a cap somewhere, I think 150 pixels is more than fair enough to work with and doesn't create signatures that are overly big.

We're a forum not an art gallery.

I was waiting for someone to actually say this one. Yeah this is the reason why I won't push this one too much and just leisurely suggested it. If I'm sure that 'm doing something reasonable and reasoned out, I'm pretty stubborn but I'm obviously in the wrong here. I just wanted to maybe put more interest in the creative forum

Seems like I came here at a good time compared to the past. I wasn't even aware of anime at that time anyway and much less in VNs.

Your profile is the perfect place to host an art gallery.  You can also create threads to put images on display in a non-redundant manner.  We also have the wonderful blog feature where you can draw attention to your artistic talents.  There's many outlets for your creativity other than signatures that clog up discussion and slow page loads for everyone.

Your profile is the perfect place to host an art gallery.  You can also create threads to put images on display in a non-redundant manner.  We also have the wonderful blog feature where you can draw attention to your artistic talents.  There's many outlets for your creativity other than signatures that clog up discussion and slow page loads for everyone.

I really don't see the need either, to be brutally honest, I find Nosebleed's and Eclipse's signatures to be obnoxiously eyecatching enough (especially Nosebleed's contrast with the new Dark Fuwa theme, at least Eclipse's has alpha for half of it).  I'm only on a 720p monitor which might be part of the issue, but those things take up about 8% of the screen, and 20% of the actual browsing area of the page.

cd90166be0.jpg

I really don't see the need either, to be brutally honest, I find Nosebleed's and Eclipse's signatures to be obnoxiously eyecatching enough (especially Nosebleed's contrast with the new Dark Fuwa theme, at least Eclipse's has alpha for half of it).  I'm only on a 720p monitor which might be part of the issue, but those things take up about 8% of the screen, and 20% of the actual browsing area of the page.

cd90166be0.jpg

Sorry Eclipse, you're the guinea pig because you're the example I used and posted on this page. Forgive me, 'kay?

I'm just glad I'll never have to worry about these restrictions, I plan on being an asignature anarchist forever.  If I really feel the need to make myself look bigger, I'll do what Roach did and make my avatar taller. 

Fear the day I hit 500 posts. Ufufufufufufufu.

I am generally opposed to features that crowd out actual discussion with redundant static content (signatures).  If it were up to me, images probably wouldn't even be allowed in signatures.  In addition, I'd possibly restrict signatures to one line of text.

Though if you find someone's signature annoying to look at you can always add them to your ignore list and only select ignore signature (I've done that for everyone who has a Hestia signature :scottsune: )

Doesn't mean you should approve of these over obnoxious sigs. But I guess you mods want to limit the amount of work you need to do. Like always  :makina:

Doesn't mean you should approve of these over obnoxious sigs. But I guess you mods want to limit the amount of work you need to do. Like always  :makina:

Still images are generally not obnoxious, when I refer to obnoxious I'm mostly talking about GIFs, and if still images are obnoxious to you then you can add them to your ignore list. That's what I was trying to say. I'm not going to remove a single signature because a single user doesn't like it.

My signature is pink because I like pink, it's not my fault some people find pink obnoxious, I tried to make something I liked and thought looked good.

But sure, fuck the staff, those slobs never do anything.

Lewy pls.

Still images are generally not obnoxious, when I refer to obnoxious I'm mostly talking about GIFs, and if still images are obnoxious to you then you can add them to your ignore list. That's what I was trying to say. I'm not going to remove a single signature because a single user doesn't like it.

My signature is pink because I like pink, it's not my fault some people find pink obnoxious, I tried to make something I liked and thought looked good.

But sure, fuck the staff, those slobs never do anything.

Lewy pls.

If the sig fills up half of their post it kind of questions how big where going to make these sigs until the sig just covers the entire post. But hey, that sig was must of been important I guess. I prefer either lowering the sig margin or just sticking to text. And no, not just a single user found it annoying.. As you can see some members here prefer sticking it to text only.

You also need a warning point for swearing, it offended me :/

For the mods! ( It's a joke if you wasn't already aware )

If the sig fills up half of their post it kind of questions how big where going to make these sigs until the sig just covers the entire post. But hey, that sig was must of been important I guess. I prefer either lowering the sig margin or just sticking to text. And no, not just a single user found it annoying.. As you can see some members here prefer sticking it to text only.

If the sig fills up half of their post it kind of questions how big where going to make these sigs until the sig just covers the entire post. But hey, that sig was must of been important I guess. I prefer either lowering the sig margin or just sticking to text. And no not just a single user found it annoying.. As you can see some members here prefer sticking it to text only.

The amount of silly discussion has crossed the acceptable thresholds.

My signature has been taken down and I will now proceed to commit honorable seppuku to amend.

Also I see sanahtlig browsing the thread so look forward to me locking before he can post once again.