Signatures Hub

Rose

I kind of want a signature that can relate to my avatar: Simply a Piano or an Anime male with black hair + glasses playing the piano.

Request: Signature

Character: Any male anime-style character with Black Hair and Glasses who's passionately or casually playing the piano.

Render Style: Somewhat of a dark tone that captures the colours of Black and White (Mainly the colours that represents the keys of a Piano). It doesn't necessarily need to look dark nor majorly black and white in terms of saturation, but it's just preferable since the piano is the main theme~

Typography: Lexyvil (and perhaps a smaller text under or somewhere around it that says: Enhancing Feelings with Sound)

In case there's anyone here who makes signatures for a passion, I would love seeing something similar to my request~

So basicly you're hinting at a your lie in april themed signature?

So basicly you're hinting at a your lie in april themed signature?

I didn't know what "Lie in April" was until I looked it up. The character could be kind of like that I suppose, but the male may look somewhat too young, like a Kid almost~ I'll have to edit my Character section to be more specific ^ ^

So, I didn't see Nosebleed's and Rose's reply until I was halfway through. So I decided to just finish the thing instead.

Kinda expected more than this. I'm not sure if the flowers fit in this situation. :sleep:

No problem, none of us warned that we'd be picking it up so it's to be expected that this could happen, I also only saw Nosebleed's once I posted mine. Oh, and your is so much better than mine. >.>

You're actually so good with backgrounds, how dude? I find it easier to play around with typography rather than bgs.

My problem lies on application. I know what would look good but I never actually manage to deliver, hell, look at my Amane's signature, that bg is awful lmfao.

On a side note, does anyone here makes renders? I'm making some right now but it's honestly such a pain in the ass. I was wondering if no one knew of a "simple" way to do it.  :wafuu:

No problem, none of us warned that we'd be picking it up so it's to be expected that this could happen, I also only saw Nosebleed's once I posted mine. Oh, and your is so much better than mine. >.>
You're actually so good with backgrounds, how dude? I find it easier to play around with typography rather than bgs.

Thanks! >.>

I actually just used a stock background in this one.

I haven't read KonoSora but I heard it's about flying and stuff and the girl looks like she's staring at the sky so I thought a picture of the sky will fit pretty well.

My problem lies on application. I know what would look good but I never actually manage to deliver, hell, look at my Amane's signature, that bg is awful lmfao.

On a side note, does anyone here makes renders? I'm making some right now but it's honestly such a pain in the ass. I was wondering if no one knew of a "simple" way to do it.  :wafuu:

W > click > del. :holo:

On a side note, does anyone here makes renders? I'm making some right now but it's honestly such a pain in the ass. I was wondering if no one knew of a "simple" way to do it.   :wafuu:

There's a simple way. Request it from someone who renders.  :sachi:

But seriously, there are people who accepts requests for free since their usual release is a render anyway.

Everyone's having fun while I was asleep. Well putting that aside, the problem of some of the people unaware to specify some stuff should be fixed by the next addition by Rose. He's working on a lexicon for stuff related to this so keep your heads up people.

Rose is back and there are some people helping out. Things are starting to brighten up.

To be honest most Sig artists on Deviant would say any sigs amateur unless its like mine but I honestly prefer the characters sticking out more then blending in with the background

If you could put up some tuts regarding blending then that'll help us amateurs here.

Also you could still blend the character and the background and still have the focus on the character. Rule of thirds is necessary and adding a light source near the focal point should be enough while reducing the brightness away from the focal. You could just use a layer mask with a radial gradient. If that's not enough sharpening/blurring would finish it.

Edit: Stumbled upon a render similar

I kind of want a signature that can relate to my avatar: Simply a Piano or an Anime male with black hair + glasses playing the piano.

Request: Signature

Character: Any male anime-style character between the ages of 20-30 with pure Black Hair and Glasses who's passionately or casually playing the piano.

Render Style: Somewhat of a dark tone that captures the colours of Black and White (Mainly the colours that represents the keys of a Piano). It doesn't necessarily need to look dark nor majorly black and white in terms of saturation, but it's just preferable since the piano is the main theme~

Typography: Lexyvil (and perhaps a smaller text under or somewhere around it that says: Enhancing Feelings with Sound)

In case there's anyone here who makes signatures for a passion, I would love seeing something similar to my request~ 

Okay can I remove some details here? It's too specific that it's hard to find something to fit. 

If I remove the glasses, I'll take this.

If you could put up some tuts regarding blending then that'll help us amateurs here.

Also you could still blend the character and the background and still have the focus on the character. Rule of thirds is necessary and adding a light source near the focal point should be enough while reducing the brightness away from the focal. You could just use a layer mask with a radial gradient. If that's not enough sharpening/blurring would finish it.

Edit: Stumbled upon a render similar

My point is sigs dont have to be all blended and professional their being used on a forum not like anyones making money off of making sigs for a forum

My point is sigs dont have to be all blended and professional their being used on a forum not like anyones making money off of making sigs for a forum

Yes but I believe quality should be still considered. As much as this is for you guys, this is also a chance for us to improve. If we do not try to give you the best, how can we actually improve? I've seen people who didn't improve because they were fine with what they are and just made things as is.

This is starting to sound like the fan translation quality I've read some time I go so I'll stop here.

Request: Signature

Character: Any male anime-style character between the ages of 20-30 with pure Black Hair and Glasses who's passionately or casually playing the piano.

Typography: Lexyvil (and perhaps a smaller text under or somewhere around it that says: Enhancing Feelings with Sound)

Lexyvil's Request:

hNzptWk.jpg

GlJ3dvX.jpg

NwE8MRn.jpg

A88pVR0.jpg

The text on this one is kinda confusing with which is the main/sub text but it's kinda unreadable when scaled to the right size. I should've considered which text effects that I would use before starting the text. Simply slapping it with black and white didn't work so I just adjusted the saturation to a 'pale' one. 

Is it just me or does it look depressing? I was listening to Yiruma so maybe that did something.

Yes but I believe quality should be still considered. As much as this is for you guys, this is also a chance for us to improve. If we do not try to give you the best, how can we actually improve? I've seen people who didn't improve because they were fine with what they are and just made things as is.

This is starting to sound like the fan translation quality I've read some time I go so I'll stop here

ok how to put this if im not getting paid for it ... its not getting pro quality espeically since it was done for free and on my time... and honestly if i had someone make a sig for me I would not expect pro quality as its not something I paid for...

ok how to put this if im not getting paid for it ... its not getting pro quality espeically since it was done for free and on my time... and honestly if i had someone make a sig for me I would not expect pro quality as its not something I paid for...

This is starting to sound like the fan translation quality I've read some time I go so I'll stop here.

I'm not sure if you're doing this for the post count but everything I said already has the answers. Or you just really need someone to talk to.

Lexyvil's Request:

hNzptWk.jpg

GlJ3dvX.jpg

NwE8MRn.jpg

A88pVR0.jpg

The text on this one is kinda confusing with which is the main/sub text but it's kinda unreadable when scaled to the right size. I should've considered which text effects that I would use before starting the text. Simply slapping it with black and white didn't work so I just adjusted the saturation to a 'pale' one. 

Is it just me or does it look depressing? I was listening to Yiruma so maybe that did something.

That looks amazing! I can't thank you enough! I don't really mind how the face expression looks like, a calm mind does show enthusiasm when it comes to playing music with emotions~ 

That is indeed the kind of tone I was looking for. I'm not sure if the original image was daytime or nighttime, but the window in the back with the moon's reflection is kind of an added bonus and I immediately thought of Moonlight Sonata.

I appreciate the fact you took the time to handle my request, I'll change it now~ ^ ^ I believe the smaller version is also readable

That looks amazing! I can't thank you enough! I don't really mind how the face expression looks like, a calm mind does show enthusiasm when it comes to playing music with emotions~ ^ 

I appreciate the fact you took the time to handle my request, I'll change it now~ ^ ^ I believe the smaller version is also readable

Glad you liked it. I was worried since I chalked off some of the details you wanted but it seems it didn't bother you much.

Also just for reference, which one did you like better?

Glad you liked it. I was worried since I chalked off some of the details you wanted but it seems it didn't bother you much.

Also just for reference, which one did you like better?

I think the larger one, details are easier to spot from what I think. I'm not sure if there's a limit in allowed sizes for signatures but we'll see.

I have this signature that I used for like, a day or two in the past if anyone wants it.

Nonon Jakuzure - Kill la Kill

T5ORdf3.jpg

Uhh can I throw in my CnC with this piece? It might be long and you might take it the wrong way so I'm asking for permission.

CnC = Constructive Criticism

Alright here it goes:

First of all, as much as possible, follow the rule of thirds. It helps greatly in having the viewer look at the intended part of the piece. It's applicable in almost everything unless you're really aiming for something complete different. Like some sort of a design where you have the subject at the center and having details (text) in either side.

Secondly, resizing renders. As much as possible, resize renders proportionally. You can do this by ctr+T then drag diagonally while holding shift. I'm not sure what you did this one since it looks like it was flattened but renders doesn't necessarily have to fit in the whole signature. Just the important parts (face, upper body, etc) whatever you think needs to be in the signature but fitting the whole thing isn't recommended.

Thirdly, text. As much as possible, try not to divide text. Put it in a simple way like having a main text and putting a sub text below. Separating them confuses the viewer and sometimes take away the attention from the render itself.

Fourthly, sharpening. This is a bit of a guesswork on your part since this can be too much or not enough. Try to sharpen the important parts but that doesn't necessarily mean the whole render. This is one way of sharpening.

Wow the way you sharpen things are really different. This is just how I sharpen things but you might want to try it out. It's a bit easier to adjust and has a bit more effect on the sharpening. You might want to only do this when you're already done.

1.New layer> Apply Image

2.Duplicate above layer 3 times. Hide the two topmost layers for now.

3.First layer (bottommost) Filter>Other>High Pass>15 px>Set layer on Soft Light>Adjust opacity as seen fit

4.Next layer above it Filter>Sharpen/Smart Sharpen>Set layer on Lighten>Adjust opacity as seen fit

5.The topmost layer Filter>Blur>Blur/Blur More>Set on Darken>Adjust Opacity as seen fit

Now here comes the real work other than clicking everywhere. To pick the only ones you want to be sharpened/blurred, apply a layer mask on the layers. For high pass and sharpen, fill the layer mask with black and brush over the parts you want to focus (the render and maybe the text) with soft white brush. For the blur, you could just copy the layer mask of the two (alt + left-click drag) and invert it (ctr+I).

You don't have to follow this since it's only one method. There are multiple ways you can sharpen and you should go with what fits best in your style.

Lastly, colors. I know, I'm not one to talk since most of the works I did here are monotone but that doesn't mean it's correct (I have tons of mistakes). Try to use different colors. You could search up complementary colors to know which colors fit together. Try to limit it to two tho. Handling three or more colors can be quite a challenge.

I also thought about blurring but this is mostly preference. I blur stuff to oblivion while others just do it subtly. Some also don't blur stuff at all and just darken stuff.

Best I could do, I'm not really a creative mind either :P

OcAtSsG.png

You asked for it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Dr6OhWw.jpg

I have mixed feelings about the border on v3, not sure if it looks better with it or not, could someone give some feedback on it?

v1

UuxJgfv.jpg

v2

lsrda2R.jpg

v3

Ugs4l2Q.jpg

So, I didn't see Nosebleed's and Rose's reply until I was halfway through. So I decided to just finish the thing instead.

Kinda expected more than this. I'm not sure if the flowers fit in this situation. :sleep:

juQr4Wd.png

Thanks everyone!

Roach: you rule, love what you did with the lighting, the flowers are a nice touch too

Rose: Not sure if that kind of language is allowed in a sig haha ;)

Nosebleed: Thanks, I'll be keeping that one as a backup. I'll be sure to use it soon :sachi:

Speaking of color, I just found out about this site today.

I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to find a good color that compliments each others very well but isn't really good at color and stuff (like me :sleep:).

That's super helpful.

Might as well drop this here, i use it all the time to help with gradients and just figure out what colors match and stuff: https://color.adobe.com

Thanks everyone!

Roach: you rule, love what you did with the lighting, the flowers are a nice touch too

Rose: Not sure if that kind of language is allowed in a sig haha ;)

Nosebleed: Thanks, I'll be keeping that one as a backup. I'll be sure to use it soon :sachi:

Thanks! I'm glad I could help~

Wait...

(Signature by the talented Roach)

Wha..W-What the hell are you saying?!

tumblr_n1ezhxOejN1qa94xto5_250.gif

That's super helpful.

Might as well drop this here, i use it all the time to help with gradients and just figure out what colors match and stuff: https://color.adobe.com

You guys have some fancy stuff to help you with colors and I'm here struggling experimenting. Haven't tried doing real research on colors but this is really helpful. I'll probably be using this for quite some time in the future. Thanks for sharing this!

This is the only one I used before and it's quite similar to yours. Although it has some helpful function of making an example with your chosen colors.

http://paletton.com/