Signatures Hub

Rose

That depends. If I want to sharpen the entire layer, I will just use Smart Sharpen since it's really easy to adjust and it shows you how the result will look like.

If I want to sharpen part of the layer, I will duplicate it first, delete the part where I don't want to sharpen, and use the Smart Sharpen.

So yeah, I use Smart Sharpen most of the time. Though sometime I use the Sharpening Tool when I want to make some parts sharper than the other.

I use the high pass filter too sometime.

Agree. Adding text could be the most frustrating step in making a signature. :amane:

Never used GIMP. Though I've tried Macromedia Fireworks about ~3 years ago. Not really a good one for making signature imo. But still pretty decent.

Other than that, I only use Photoshop.

That depends. If I want to sharpen the entire layer, I will just use Smart Sharpen since it's really easy to adjust and it shows you how the result will look like.

If I want to sharpen part of the layer, I will duplicate it first, delete the part where I don't want to sharpen, and use the Smart Sharpen.

So yeah, I use Smart Sharpen most of the time. Though sometime I use the Sharpening Tool when I want to make some parts sharper than the other.

I use the high pass filter too sometime.

Agree. Adding text could be the most frustrating step in making a signature. :amane:

Never used GIMP. Though I've tried Macromedia Fireworks about ~3 years ago. Not really a good one for making signature imo. But still pretty decent.

Other than that, I only use Photoshop.

Yeah. I mainly use Smart Sharpen because it's the quickest way.

Your method seems pretty good. I think I will use it to sharpen Amuzie's signature when I have the time.

Thanks!

I don't think I have that much fonts, though I think I have quite a lot of it.

I don't think I can survive going through 2000+ fonts and see what might fits the best, lol.

Glad to help. By the way mind sharing where you got those flower stuff in the sig? You could just link me to the source since distributing it without the creator's consent might be bad. I'm kinda interested in the style you used and I want to try it a bit.

Yeah I agree that having 2000+ fonts is both stupid and too much to scan through hahaha. I've long deleted all of it and redownloaded what I just needed after it. So far so good.

I got it from here. It looks like the creator doesn't really mind about no credit and stuff though.

Good luck~

Thanks! I'll try to make one later and maybe throw it in here as a free sig anyone can take.

By the way do you have a deviantart account? I'd like to see some more variants of this style from you that I can use for reference. You can just PM it to me if you mind posting it here.

Thanks! I'll try to make one later and maybe throw it in here as a free sig anyone can take.

By the way do you have a deviantart account? I'd like to see some more variants of this style from you that I can use for reference. You can just PM it to me if you mind posting it here.

Well, I do have one. Though I don't have anything uploaded there. I made an account mainly because I want to disable the NSFW restriction thingy. :sleep:

Over 2k fonts, jesus christ.  :michiru:

About Eclipsed's signature: I liked kuro's typography better, but the light effects could have been positioned differently. Maybe behind the render? I feel like they kinda hide a bit of the character. I liked Major's simple bubbles but the splatter doesn't really fit well.

@Kosaki - Just join us and start making signatures. I'm also not really good, I just work randomly with them sometimes. Just read a few tutorials to get an overall idea of what does what and you're good to go.  :mare:

Over 2k fonts, jesus christ.  :michiru:

About Eclipsed's signature: I liked kuro's typography better, but the light effects could have been positioned differently. Maybe behind the render? I feel like they kinda hide a bit of the character. I liked Major's simple bubbles but the splatter doesn't really fit well.

@Kosaki - Just join us and start making signatures. I'm also not really good, I just work randomly with them sometimes. Just read a few tutorials to get an overall idea of what does what and you're good to go.  :mare:

Yeah 2k fonts, it's not an exaggeration but I wasn't able to use it all anyway so I redid all my fonts selection

3zG0SSg.jpg

Thanks. Yeah I would've loved to put the lights more on the background but it was a CG edit. So yeah no layers  :vinty:

Gawd I just realized something. I was wondering why it didn't occur to you that I might've been using a CG. How in the world did Major put the splatter behind Mitsuki? @.@

Manually erasing the excess would've been quite a chore, personally.

Kosaki, join the dark side  :scottsune:

Edit: Yeah here's a giveaway. Anyone can take it and if you want to add some text or something, let me know.

xKpCOFV.jpg

xAGVBBh.jpg

Yeah tried to go with the same one as Roach's but I added some personal touches. I was gonna add some of those glowy lines but that's a bit overboard for this one. Gonna give your eyes cancer~ :holo:

Gawd I just realized something. I was wondering why it didn't occur to you that I might've been using a CG. How in the world did Major put the splatter behind Mitsuki? @.@

Manually erasing the excess would've been quite a chore, personally.

Edit: Yeah here's a giveaway. Anyone can take it and if you want to add some text or something, let me know.

xKpCOFV.jpg

xAGVBBh.jpg

Yeah tried to go with the same one as Roach's but I added some personal touches. I was gonna add some of those glowy lines but that's a bit overboard for this one. Gonna give your eyes cancer~ :holo:

Maybe he manually traced the render and used layer mask? Still too much work though. :sachi:

That looks pretty good. Though I prefer making my own background rather than using a stock one. But then again, that's just me. :P

Here's the final result of Amuzie's signature. I sharpened/blurred it and added some adjustments. Hopefully it looks better now.

wO6vuUt.png

I haven't ever been able to make myself a sig on other Fourms so I figured I would put in a request.  :mare:

Request: Signature please~
Character: Natsume Rin from Little Busters!
Render: I haven't chosen one. I would be happy with anything that had Rin in it.
Typography: Shiki
Other: Thank you so much to whoever makes it!

Maybe he manually traced the render and used layer mask? Still too much work though. :sachi:

That looks pretty good. Though I prefer making my own background rather than using a stock one. But then again, that's just me. :P

Here's the final result of Amuzie's signature. I sharpened/blurred it and added some adjustments. Hopefully it looks better now.

wO6vuUt.png

Yeah I used to make my own backgrounds too by throwing fractals everywhere. Now I'm just too lazy to make it and just blur it to oblivion.

Btw going a little heavier on gradient maps or photo filters might help in blending. Well that's just my personal preference tho.

I haven't ever been able to make myself a sig on other Fourms so I figured I would put in a request.   :mare:

Request: Signature please~
Character: Natsume Rin from Little Busters!
Render: I haven't chosen one. I would be happy with anything that had Rin in it.
Typography: Shiki
Other: Thank you so much to whoever makes it!

I'll take it up. I'm free right now so expect it in just about an hour.

Yeah I used to make my own backgrounds too by throwing fractals everywhere. Now I'm just too lazy to make it and just blur it to oblivion.

Btw going a little heavier on gradient maps or photo filters might help in blending. Well that's just my personal preference tho.

The problem with photo filter is that there isn't really an option I like there so I often forget to use it. Though maybe the cooling filter might work pretty nicely in this case.

Thank you so much!  :wafuu:

Yeah no prob. And scratch that in about an hour. I unexpectedly made it real quick.

Hope you'll like this one:

w45AALR.jpg

m2TEyj7.jpg

The problem with photo filter is that there isn't really an option I like there so I often forget to use it. Though maybe the cooling filter might work pretty nicely in this case.

Really? I always stabilize my colors by using that and I actually loved it's 'neutralizing' effect. I mostly go with the warming filter since majority of my works uses a color near red/orange.

Really? I always stabilize my colors by using that and I actually loved it's 'neutralizing' effect. I mostly go with the warming filter since majority of my works uses a color near red/orange.

Yeah. I only use gradient maps and color lookup most of the time.

Yeah. I only use gradient maps and color lookup most of the time.

Yeah I never finish any work without using any gradient maps. I used to have more than 10 layers of them and I found out that it was an overkill. I was accidentally neutralizing colors so it went that far. Now I stick to around 3-5. Color lookup isn't really used that much in my works. I usually use the 3rd option only because the other 2 have an overblown effect. Yeah I can adjust it but playing with gradient maps is easier for me.

Yeah no prob. And scratch that in about an hour. I unexpectedly made it real quick.

Hope you'll like this one:

w45AALR.jpg

m2TEyj7.jpg

You're awesome! It's really amazing. Thank you for making it for me~ I will be sure to use it. 

You're awesome! It's really amazing. Thank you for making it for me~ I will be sure to use it. 

Thanks and glad to help. Rin was much easier to work in since I found a render easy and the quality was great so it was done quickly. There are some characters where you can't find any render at all. Maybe those obscure light novels or visual novels but LB is popular in both of its mediums so this was an easy find.

Request: Signature
Character: Girls Dead Monster from Angel Beats!
Render: .....

fmOy5z1.jpg

it was max size, you can reduce size of pic
Typography: SoulJustIn
Other: If can try make it 800x150... Thank you whoever taking the job. I really not good in skill.

Request: Signature
Character: Girls Dead Monster from Angel Beats!
Render: .....

fmOy5z1.jpg

it was max size, you can reduce size of pic
Typography: SoulJustIn
Other: If can try make it 800x150... Thank you whoever taking the job. I really not good in skill.

Anyone wanna take this one? I'll leave it to whoever wants it since it feels like I'm hogging the requests. I'll just take it if no one wants to do it.

I can't right now and that makes me sad. T_T

Alright Roach just went offline so maybe I'll do it. I'll edit this post after dinner and if no one still wants to take it, I'll do it.

Edit: Took it

It's already Friday here but I'm not sure about where you are. You should already get back your PC soon so cheer up. I'll leave all the requests to you when you get your PC back.  :holo:

I was wondering what I was forgetting and I just remembered I haven't posted JustIn's request.

Yeah sorry can't get it to 800 px width. Draggin it until there makes the characters' faces only visible. I also added the band's name so if you don't mind.

Also is it just me or is this Chibi art strikingly similar to the ones in Yumina the Ethereal?

aEG1Xs8.jpg