looking for VN's with a timid/bullied heroine

That new "Love at First Sight" VN has some of that going on...

yeah I saw that one, but dat art style is..... strange :michiru:

Ninjaed by Tay. T_T

Still saying it though. Try "Love at First Sight", it seems really legit.

yeah it looks good but like I said to Tay that art style is very off putting and I kinda want another Aeka character >.<

Does it have to be bullying specifically or is it alright if they're ignored or alone because of circumstances?

actually yes loners and socially awkward girls are ok as well. anything with a cute shy or distant girl is good

H2O: Footprints in the Sand

Ive watched the anime, but isn't the VN in Japanese only?

Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no has a heroine (the redhead that is always with the silver-haired girl) who is very badly psychologically scarred, to the point where just breathing the same air as a man makes her want to scream and run away.

I'm pretty sure that one of the heroines in Natsu no Owari no Nirvana fits the bill, but after two years all the heroines start to run into one another...

Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake (will be released by Mangagamer) has a bullied heroine, if I recall correctly.

One of Semiramis no Tenbin's heroines is bullied, once again if I recall correctly (Ami overpowers everyone else by her very presence, lol).  In fact, you can consider some aspects of Semiramis to have been taken (and evolved heavily) from Yume Miru.

Abyss Homicide Club (the main heroine is constantly terrified, for reasons you don't find out until the middle of the true path, lol)

There's Air, but its pretty old.

Lonely Yuri has a lonely protagonist and is, well, yuri~

Subarashiki Hibi has plenty of bullied characters but its kinda grim (from what I've read, I'm waiting for the english patch) and more yuri.

G-Senjou no Maou has Haru, she's pretty lonely but not depressed over it, and there's Mizuha

I'm looking for any content with good, anti social/lonely characters too

There's Air, but its pretty old.

Lonely Yuri has a lonely protagonist and is, well, yuri~

Subarashiki Hibi has plenty of bullied characters but its kinda grim (from what I've read, I'm waiting for the english patch) and more yuri.

G-Senjou no Maou has Haru, she's pretty lonely but not depressed over it, and there's Mizuha

I'm looking for any content with good, anti social/lonely characters too

Thanks for all the recs, ive already played G senjou tho (it's my favorite VN and I love Haru <3) Im also already reading Air but didn't get that far to know there's a loner girl and subahibi is the one VN that im patiently waiting on a english patch for! I hear it's coming sometime in July. But anyways definitely gonna try out that Yuri one. Yuri is cute  :illya:

Yume Miru Kusuri

sigh* like i say other thread, this vn indeed not popular....

when I moment saw title "bully" ... i straight remember this vn,,,, sigh*

(ps:very sad when nobody remember this vn...)

Edit:

other will be Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ichi Ya

or Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ni Ya

but... ive already read Yume Miru O.O

Thanks for all the recs, ive already played G senjou tho (it's my favorite VN and I love Haru <3)

Haru is one of my favorite all time characters~ she's such a loner mainly because she's a weirdo and everything she does is funny and adorable x3

Generally speaking, heroines that get bullied as part of the story are fairly common, and many are oppressed by their situation or individuals in their surroundings.  However, heroines that experience something as extreme as you saw in Yume Miru are fairly rare, outside of rapegames.

Edit:  Japanese society's tendency toward overindulgence in 'smashing down the stake that stands out' is one of the main reasons for their big bullying problem in schools and the workplace.  Thus, it is no surprise that you see it a lot even in otaku media... especially since otaku are frequently the targets of such behavior.

FYI -- I know the art is off putting at first, but I just finished Love At First Sight and I really think you'd like it. I think it's a great example of more or less exactly what you' say you're looking for.

We've got a giveaway going on right now, but I think it's worth the $8 just to get it.

I haven't read Yume Miru' yet so I'm not entierly sure what you are looking for but the heroines that are distant and timid I know of are:

Toono Minagi in Air

Ichinose Kotomi in Clannad

Nishizono Mio in Little Busters!

Hinata Natsumi in Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo

That's the one I can remember out of the VNs ive read, the most distant of them would be Kotomi.

KEY sure loves their timid and distant heroines.

FYI -- I know the art is off putting at first, but I just finished Love At First Sight and I really think you'd like it. I think it's a great example of more or less exactly what you' say you're looking for.

We've got a giveaway going on right now, but I think it's worth the $8 just to get it.

you know what? I may just buy it like you said, I always really enjoy the under dogs so I may get it! thanks!

It's a stretch, but Majikoi and Majikoi S have Miyako and Koyuki, whom got bullied in the past, and it has a fairly detailed flashback for both of them. Same with Grisaia no Kajitsu, pretty much all of the girls were bullied at some point in the past. But as far as being currently bullied goes, I hear Subahibi has a lot of it.

It's a stretch, but Majikoi and Majikoi S have Miyako and Koyuki, whom got bullied in the past, and it has a fairly detailed flashback for both of them. Same with Grisaia no Kajitsu, pretty much all of the girls were bullied at some point in the past. But as far as being currently bullied goes, I hear Subahibi has a lot of it.

Yeah but the only thing is Im still waiting on the subahibi patch  :vinty: