What's so special about a birth day?

GLM4475

A lot of people (most people maybe) celebrates their birthday once a year. Uhh, for those born on 29th of February, once each four years. But really, what's so special about it? It's just one of the 365 days.

Maybe logically nothing is special about it but, I think they're special because it signifies the day we were brought into this world. Birthdays celebrate all we've accomplished in life, from the moment we're born to however many years old we are now. When it's your birthday, you can look back and remember all the good and bad times you've gone through, all the hardships and friendships, all the victories and failures. So I think birthdays are special because you realize who you are, just another person on this earth who has lived a life, for better, or for worse.

Or it could just be because you get lots of cake and presents.

A lot of people (most people maybe) celebrates their birthday once a year. Uhh, for those born on 29th of February, once each four years. But really, what's so special about it? It's just one of the 365 days.

I think people move their birth dates when they are born on a leap year. Either moved forward by one or backwards.

People celebrate anniversaries, whatever it is for some reason. My take on this is somewhere along the lines of because of childhood. Birthdays are usually celebrated out of our parents'/guardians' love for us. Heck I've seen people cry their eyes out the first time they see their child so ofc they will celebrate the day they started their lives with them. Point being, they celebrate it and thus equal to presents and food. Kinds love gifts don't they? And I don't think it's limited to children alone. So yeah if you had some good time during your past birthdays, those memories come along the special day each year.

But for me it's mostly because foooood.

What's so special about a birthday, it's just like any other day, everyday is just a day.

Christmas? Just a day. Easter? Just a day. Mother/Father day? Just a day. Earth day? Just a day.

We should never celebrate ANYTHING.

All days are beautiful, stop day discrimination.

#RealDaysHaveCurves

nothing special for me since i never celebrate my birthday ;)

it just like another day past for me.

What's so special about a birthday, it's just like any other day, everyday is just a day.

Christmas? Just a day. Easter? Just a day. Mother/Father day? Just a day. Earth day? Just a day.

#RealDaysHaveCurves

That or celebrate everything. Everyday Christmas sounds good to me.

#RealDaysHaveCurves

This is oppressive. Stop oppressing me please.

Free stuff makes any day worth celebrating. 

I had some pretty great birthdays growing up, so I guess that's why I look at it that way. I got presents, had a party, ate great food... the works. I don't think you HAVE to celebrate it, but when life is the way it is, it's nice to have a day all about you that you can have some fun with.

Cultural tradition.

Why do we give each other presents, drink ourselves wasted and dance around a tree? Obviously because it's a great tradition and a great way to spend our time. We got that dear tradition from our dear pagan ancestors.

Jokes aside. I think the answer is pretty standard and boring. Birthdays are special because our lifes are considered sacred, so we celebrate our birth. 

Just a random thought but if you have sex with a girl who was born on the 29th of February 1992 would you technically be a pedo? 

I think people move their birth dates when they are born on a leap year. Either moved forward by one or backwards.

That and if you consider the years she's been walking the earth idk how you can be a pedo. Women's ages in anime is pretty much vague everywhere so it could break your sense of age anyway

age-in-anime_o_2090495.jpg

There is nothing special about it logically, and the reasons people celebrate can be different. Some may not even celebrate their birthday, reasons to celebrate could be:

To commerate the day you were brought into this world.

To celebrate the day your parents got a child.

Your possible siblings got a sibling.

Your grandparents became grandparents for the first time or again.

And some may just use it as an excuse to eat cake and be with friends :P That's pretty much why I do anything special during my birthday.

Etc, etc, the list could probably go further if I weren't tired.

You know when your birthday comes and celebrate it, but the date when you die comes and you just let it pass.

I only said this just to match this thread atmosphere.

It's the day where your elementary school's friend and people you haven't been in touch 10 years ago spam 'HBD' on your wall and you are like 'Who is this guy again?' or 'He's still alive!'.