Lil' Kuro's Corner

Kurokusari

So I was thinking what thread could I possibly make where I can make myself useful (supposedly on discussions tho) but the forums already have a long history so figuring out what could I possibly add to enrich the forums ended in me banging my head against the wall nothing. So yeah I decided to put my skill to use. Namely, making graphics stuff like wallpapers, signatures, and timeline covers. So yeah anyone can request and I'll do my stuff. Do keep in mind that I'm just a lolicon mortal human so I do get tired so don't kill me if I need to rest. <insert a puppy with teary-eyes pic>

Here are some samples:

oCfnLM5.jpg

k2cQSW2.jpg

Yeah I don't have a timeline cover sample since it'll probably end up as another Michiru. While I have nothing against her, I'm no fan.

Please go easy on me.

=======================================================

Decided to organize the opening post for better understanding. 

Requests

Type:Signature/Wallpaper/Banner/Timeline Cover/etc

Render: The character featured in the work. As much as possible, provide me a render for the following reasons:

-It will suit your tastes better since you'll be the one choosing it

-Rendering something can go from easy to really difficult so please save both of us the time and effort by providing me with one

-It'll help me a lot in customizing it to your request, as opposed to a full picture

Typography: What text would you like to be put. You can also give detailed specifications on this.

Others: If you have specific features on the request, feel free to do so.

Disclaimer: I'm no magician. Please try to consider there are limits on what I can do. Please don't request something that you yourself know that is impossible/extremely difficult. 

Tips

Some good sites to search for renders:

Simply search "<character name> + render"

http://deviantart.com 

~there might be some results that might not show up due to deviants' odd naming of renders

http://google.com 

~don't underestimate the power of a search engine

http://anime-renders.deviantart.com/gallery/ 

~I used this a lot since they provide anything related to anime/manga

http://bakarenders.com/renders/ 

~has some renders that are not related to anime/manga

http://www.familyrenders.com/ 

~provides some decent renders but their choice of renders could be better. they are further divided with the links at the top of the site

http://ors-renders-gamer.animemeeting.com/

~definitely the best in quality with a decent selection but there are tons of NSFW

If for certain reasons you can't find a render or really want a certain picture to be used, you're free to request so but its quality will be depending on how much I can actually customize the picture. 

Some tips in picking renders:

This is actually important to the people in my role but if you yourself want to improve the quality even by just a bit, here are some pointers. This is purely based on my experiences and opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

-Pick a render with motion in it. It helps in getting a flow and looks naturally pleasing to the eye if I actually manage to pull it off.

-Try to consider the size ratio of the render and the request. Our sigs here are generally having a greater width that the height so try to match that up with the render, too. This applies to timeline covers too. Wallpapers are usually 16:9  and it's pretty large so you can have more freedom in choosing with this one.

-Get the biggest resolution you can find so the render can be freely resized and the quality won't suffer since I won't need to enlarge it.

Tip: Use google image search and there you can find the different sizes available. If you're lucky, you can find a better resolution.

-Try not to pick the ones just cut out from a scene (as in screenshot) in an anime. The quality of work between the animated scenes and the ones from posters/divine fanarts/etc are usually different.

Reminders

-I'll limit on what I can do each day. This is a really tiring thing to me so I can't make and make stuff indiscriminately. Before starting this, I've always done only one work a day, and that not everyday. There are times when I've done two but never before three before than this. This limit can move depending on how much time I can spare on doing this. Please don't hate me when I can't do stuff because I'm too busy. I have my life like you guys, too.

-Current limit is 3 works a day. Rather than a limit, this is more of an estimation on how much I can actually bear to do. I could exceed this if the works haven't been that demanding to me. I'll keep a counter here and update whenever I read a request. Request comes on a first come first serve basis so no hard feelings.

-You can still leave some requests here even if I'm done for the day. I'll get to it next time I go online.

-Credits aren't required in the sigs used in here since there are more important stuff to put with us being limited to three lines. If it's for personal use, no need for any credits at all. If you're going to use it outside the forums, refer them to my deviantart account. I won't put it here since it feels like I'm advertising. Just PM me and I'll give you the link.

-Please consider the counter. If you see that I'm full for today and tomorrow, try to think if you really need it urgently. I'm not a fan of stress and pressure so try not to overwhelm little ol' me with too much stuff.

-I'll add every request I get from and/or for the forums here. Regardless if it was through PM or post here. I just don't want people to think I'm putting up the counter when I'm just really slacking off. I don't see any reason why not since it will be used in the forums anyway.

Current Requests for today: 0/3 

Current Requests for tomorrow: 0/3

Exceeding Requests: 0

*These awesome counters reset every time I sleep huehuehue.

Edited by Kurokusari

Really nice work there, but I think you could have made the signature a bit bigger. Still, good to see people willing to be helpful. =D

Thanks! Well, going by the standards on sig rules I thought the max height was 150 so I scaled it into that size. I didn't really consider the size (being my first work for here) when I was making it and the only consideration I had was the file size. The original ratio was 2:1 so yeah it turned out a bit small. Thanks for the input! It will definitely help when I'll be making the future ones.

As for me being helpful, while I'm not denying that I do want to help, it's kinda empty if I only do it for myself. Also, I saw that the size of posts and topics for this section is waaaay too far from the other sections. Maybe some people might get motivated to do some creative works, too.

Glad to see that a new comer is already trying to give something to the community :sachi:

With that said, I would like to request a signature of Aya Otonashi from Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria. Here are some reference images:

Here's a render of Aya

4d1ffc4d3a.png

And if it's possible, I would love it if you could include the title somewhere as I really like the way it's designed
4affb3f875.png

I shall leave most of the details up to you ^-^

Glad to see that a new comer is already trying to give something to the community :sachi:

With that said, I would like to request a signature of Aya Otonashi from Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria. Here are some reference images:

Here's a render of Aya

4d1ffc4d3a.png

And if it's possible, I would love it if you could include the title somewhere as I really like the way it's designed

4affb3f875.png

I shall leave most of the details up to you ^-^

Woah a challenge for the text! That would be pretty hard to render so I'll do my best to replicate it through typing it up. Time to research on Japanese fonts~

Woah a challenge for the text! That would be pretty hard to render so I'll do my best to replicate it through typing it up. Time to research on Japanese fonts~

If it's not possible/won't turn out nice, don't force yourself. I can make a new request if that's the case, so no worries.

Tinkering around fonts was more fun than expected but adding those extra lines and decorations on the text was a challenge for me but it turned out nice. I think.

I made two versions so you can choose for yourself what you like better.

v1:

UYX15Ha.jpg

bOIxZAG.jpg

v2:

Sse4231.jpg

ywgoYJt.jpg

I made larger versions for viewing purposes plus I can't work on images that are too small. It strains my already bad eyes.

I also changed the color of the text to match the sig, I hope you don't mind. The main design is still the same aside from the colors, except one. I'll leave that to you if you can notice it~ I hope you like it!  ^_^

Wow... I have to admit, that was way beyond my expectations. It's simply amazing, seriously great job on it.  :wahaha: 

Though if you don't mind, I want to make a slight modification. But as they say, a picture speaks a thousand words, so I will allow the following image to explain myself:

6aaaa4736c.png

Wow... I have to admit, that was way beyond my expectations. It's simply amazing, seriously great job on it.  :wahaha: 

Though if you don't mind, I want to make a slight modification. But as they say, a picture speaks a thousand words, so I will allow the following image to explain myself:

6aaaa4736c.png

It took me 5 minutes of staring to figure out how was I supposed to re-position the text and image.  :huh:

I hope I got it right XD

d0A2and.jpg

Z8YNZMZ.jpg

It took me 5 minutes of staring to figure out how was I supposed to re-position the text and image.  :huh:

I hope I got it right XD

d0A2and.jpg

Z8YNZMZ.jpg

Note to self: I am terrible at explaining stuff  :vinty: 

Alright, I will try my best (which isn't very good) to explain. 

Breathes in

Breathes out

Okay, here we go.

Basically, what I meant was that I want my signature to look something like this,

c2827e4399.png

but with the inverted title on the left removed, and the title on the right shifted to the center of the image.

I hope that explanation is clearer than my terrible MS Paint image  :nervous:

Note to self: I am terrible at explaining stuff  :vinty: 

Alright, I will try my best (which isn't very good) to explain. 

Breathes in

Breathes out

Okay, here we go.

Basically, what I meant was that I want my signature to look something like this,

c2827e4399.png

but with the inverted title on the left removed, and the title on the right shifted to the center of the image.

I hope that explanation is clearer than my terrible MS Paint image  :nervous:

So that's what it meant XD

I should've guessed that's what you meant based from the story *winks*

v6QVYie.jpg

dpBR3hg.jpg

I really liked the bubbles you used. I probably would have tried to use some random c4ds, most likely a light effect one, but the bubbles fit way better apparently.  :wafuu:

Thanks! Btw those bubble thingies are called Bokehs. You can just google them if it ever interests you to use them.

As for the C4Ds, I can't really say I'm good in using them. There was a time that I was using them and I could say that it was decent but I didn't really like it that much. I've stopped using them since then (although I still have some resources stored in my lappy) and tried different stuff. Right now my style is mostly bright things that will give your eyes cancer. But if someone did request a c4d-style sig then I'll try again ofc.

I might ask for your help in the future.

Thanks for reaching out a hand for the photoshop illiterate! 

No prob and I'll be glad to help you then. Doing this is somewhat also practice and self-satisfaction so I'm no saint. XD

Thanks! Btw those bubble thingies are called Bokehs. You can just google them if it ever interests you to use them.

As for the C4Ds, I can't really say I'm good in using them. There was a time that I was using them and I could say that it was decent but I didn't really like it that much. I've stopped using them since then (although I still have some resources stored in my lappy) and tried different stuff. Right now my style is mostly bright things that will give your eyes cancer. But if someone did request a c4d-style sig then I'll try again ofc.

I thought they were regular bubble c4ds with a different effect, good to know. Yeah, c4ds are a bit tricky to use sometimes, I honestly never thought that I actually used them well.