Eclipsed

Fuwa pls - SQL Error, 504 Bad Gateway

Fuwa pls  

25 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you encounter similar SQL / Gateway error issues?

^ Random MySQL server restarts ought to do the trick.  :holo:

The issues were resulting from automatic table flushing on the MySQL side and Piwik (our analytics software) running its archiving task once per hour (pretty much aggregating what happened in the last hour, which can be quite a lot).

Still, should this happen anymore, especially the 504 Gateway Timeouts (which were caused by the server being busy from the archiving task) we're going to need to consider upgrading server hardware, which would be nasty - or I'd have to look into more efficient alternatives.

^ Random MySQL server restarts ought to do the trick.  :holo:

The issues were resulting from automatic table flushing on the MySQL side and Piwik (our analytics software) running its archiving task once per hour (pretty much aggregating what happened in the last hour, which can be quite a lot).

Still, should this happen anymore, especially the 504 Gateway Timeouts (which were caused by the server being busy from the archiving task) we're going to need to consider upgrading server hardware, which would be nasty - or I'd have to look into more efficient alternatives.

I don't understand why this archiving and normal operations can't happen simultaneously.  The server isn't running on a single-core processor, right?  It should be able to handle multiple tasks at once, as long as the archiving is set to run in the background (low priority).  Can't archiving be skipped or delayed during high-traffic periods?

The archiving task was also severely limited by some factors (the database user not being able to import files directly, for example) and I made sure to fix those first, and now I can look into it further. Shouldn't be too much of an issue anymore, though.