Irotoridori no Sekai Translation Project

Akerou

Ahh, this makes me remember spanish (my native language). Here we have a shit-ton of words and rules about how to use them (not like I care to remember them, I just use it naturaly) and we have this super annoying thing named accent, where you put it on top of some vowels to note that they're important to the word and you must put emphasis on it while pronouncing it.

For example, you could shorten Yuuma to Yùma. I think. Maybe. Personally, I prefer Yuuma to Yuma, as the first feels more true to the source and I actually would pronounce them differently.

Yuuma... Yuma... What difference does it make? >_>

We're translating the game & we already discussed this, and unless there's something wrong with our ears, the characters in game even says it as "Yuma", not "Yuuuuuuma".

The project is on going, and after we finish with SakuSaku we'll be doing IroSekai. Now please stop spamming the thread about discussions on how to spell "Yuma/Yuuma". Do that somewhere else, maybe make a new thread or something. <_<

Well it is your translation project so you can decide. There will always be haters. I wouldn't even care which one you use.

Edit: Checked and it's written like ゆうま in hiragana, but I don't understand these things so do what you think is best :P

So, as a little preview of what to expect on a qualitative level, we prepared a little prologue patch for you.

Note that this is not the final product and many an iteration is yet to come to polish it, but it should serve as a general representative of the level we strive to uphold.

The patch contains:

- All image content that needed translation / editing. We also took the liberty to fix some serious fuck-ups like "Sinario Select"... Don't blame us on the "Option" header in the menu, that's also one of favorite's masterful exercises of English and would involve a LOT of editing to change since it's on like 10+ images with distortion effects and whatnot...

- Fully translated & edited prologue segment of the game

- Subbed opening movie

Note: You need version 1.1 of the game. Click to download.

Special thanks goes to:

binaryfail for helping me with all the stuff that was over my head

ayase for masterful image editing skills (and almost 100 images at that!)

chuee for having handled most of the editing

Note that save files you might have are not compatible, so you might be well-advised to rename your save folder.

And here goes the patch.

Both positive and critical feedback is highly appreciated.

Doesn't seem to work for me. It's still in Japanese.

And yes I patched to 1.1.

Make sure there are no other files with the .hcb extension in the game's folder, otherwise the game may try to read that instead of the english script.

If you made a backup copy of the original hcb file, move it to another folder or change its extension.

Make sure there are no other files with the .hcb extension in the game's folder, otherwise the game may try to read that instead of the english script.

If you made a backup copy of the original hcb file, move it to another folder or change its extension.

Err, mine's still goofed up. The options menu is in English now, but the dialogue is still in Japanese.

I searched the whole folder, there's only one World.hcb file, so it's loading Japanese from the heavens.

Folder: http://puu.sh/i6zBI/b88a5df2e0.png

Opening screen: http://puu.sh/i6zD2/f57adbc4dd.jpg

Options: http://puu.sh/i6zDX/970a173857.jpg

3rd line of the VN: http://puu.sh/i6zFd/2e6806952b.jpgthe Japanese is broken due to the font, but yeah.

I patched it and then put the files back in, so I'm using the right .hcb.

I extracted the patch to the folder, though, so that might be why I have a bunch of files in here.

Gonna reinstall and try again.

*edit*

I uninstalled, reinstalled it, patched it to 1.1, put the Prologue patch in the folder, and it's in the same nonworking state as before. Welp. 

Something is not right with your file for World.hcb from what I see. Can you delete/move World.hcb and copy it again from the rar archive?

The correct file size of the english-patched World.hcb should be 4142 KB, while yours is different for some reason.

I can't vouch for the Japanese, since mine's not good yet, but there are some good lines and some awkward ones that I'd fix, so I'm compiling them into a text file for now.

Thanks. Just send me a mail or something and I'll see whether some fixing is necessary.

After the intro movie the game just stops responding. The movie finishes and then the pop up window never closes and both screens are just white. However when I try and close the game down it asks me if I am sure I want to quit with a normal ingame pop up menu thing. Not sure if this is intended or not or even how long the "prologue" is but thought I'd mention it in case it's an error.

Hm, the prologue translation already ends there, but that shouldn't happen. I just tried it myself, and I can't reproduce that behavior.

On an unrelated note, there seems to be a general problem with save files that occurs (Game crashes due to the auto-save file, font-change related problem). I'll see to it getting fixed later.

Strange. It doesn't happen for me. I'm guessing it must be some sort of video codec issue. Do you have a general codec package like klite or something similar installed?

Edit: Fixed Font-related crashes. Re-download the patch and delete the .dll, I've optimized settings for the default font. All download links have been updated.

Strange. It doesn't happen for me. I'm guessing it must be some sort of video codec issue. Do you have a general codec package like klite or something similar installed?

Edit: Fixed Font-related crashes. Re-download the patch and delete the .dll, I've optimized settings for the default font. All download links have been updated.