Irotoridori no Sekai Translation Project

Akerou

Well GL with the project as you will need it xD If you still need help with the hacking as I did promise to help, hit me up on TS :)

(otherwise you will have to wait until the next blue moon)

ps: other Shinku lovers are welcome there as well

ShinkuSeka (there is no official abbreviation for the 3rd Shinku game yet so I'm using this in the meanwhile) is probably gonna be running on the exact same engine so it should be easy to extract/insert as well but I guess its gonna take quite a while until you actually need that. I can't wait for the release (25.7.2015)!!!

Oh and since most of us on TS have played irotoro, if you are stuck at some point with some of the impossible to translate parts, we have actually discussed those a bit, trying to figure out ways to actually put them into English so you might find some help there (+ some translated lines like those in images etc).

Steve coming on fuwanovel is something that happens only once every blue moon. 

Look outside, its blue now :P

aaaand... see you when the next one rises~

I don't know whether my heart is ready for two Shinkus.

Anyways, as long as no drastic changes occur in my private life, which is extremely unlikely until I get my master degree, this project should be on the safe side and completed by Q3/Q4 next year.

You've simultaneously gave me immense hope and broke my heart.  This was one of the VN's that actually seemed to have a decent enough story that made me slowly start learning Japanese. 

Anyway good luck on the project. I hope you can share the apparently amazing goodness of Shinku to all of us.  :mare:

Good luck to the team! : ) Pretty big news, indeed!

PS: Updating your SakuSaku progress is like... one of my few reliable pleasures making VNTS posts each week. Such perfectly logical and easy to read tables... so rare among TL groups... My not-so-secret, guilty hope is you'll continue the outstanding tableage in this next project : P

Good luck, a lot of people will be happy with this project.

Now remember not to die, it's very important not to die when it comes to translation projects (some scientists even argue that it is the most important part). Good luck.

Uh? Don't you die when we ask you some question? Oo

Prologue is done. I'll be focusing on sakusaku before I go on with IroSeka translation since I can't really keep up what I've been doing the past days with my upcoming mid-term exams next week (I've translated like 3k lines the past week, go figure how much free time I was left with).

Besides that, I've fully translated all image/video content in IroSeka (that includes all bgm titles). I'll post some sample pics of our rebuilt menu some time later~

Edit:

Menu Page 1

menu_01.png

Menu Page 2

menu_02.png

Shouldn't it be "Yuuma" instead of "Yuma"?

Anyway, good luck with this project! Can't wait for this one (and Hikari) to complete so I can spread the love of Shinku to my fellow friends xD.

You don't use double vowels of the same letter in english (usually). "Kyou" is also already borderline and most would like just use "Kyo", I just left it because there are a lot of people including myself who like the original spelling when it comes to o-u combinations. Just a matter of taste.

But Yuma and Yuuma are pronounced completely differently, romaji != English

There's not really much point in arguing about name transcriptions. There is no clear "right" and "wrong" answer here. Most vn companies also always drop the "extra letter" in similar cases, while there are also some that don't (favorite does). When I started translating sakusaku (it's also Yuuma/Yuma there), I actually asked some ppl, including my team what they consider "more natural" and got an unanimous result. Back when I was still subbing anime, that was one of the everlasting, eternal debates going on. A team puts "Yuki" instead of "Yuuki", some ppl get mad for whatever reason, fansub changes the name and 1 month later there is an advertisement by the producer that spells the name "Yuki" .

The thing about names is, at least here in Germany, that names can be spelled the exact same way and yet have different pronunciations. Consequently, the inverse case holds true as well. Regular phonetic transcription doesn't fully apply to names.

Of course, if native English speakers consider this strange, I don't mind changing that at all, though.

Technically there is a correct answer that being the o with a line over it, which you'll typically see used. Though you won't see it used that often since English doesn't have special letters like that. Typically within the weeb culture it's typically repeated but outside, it's usually dropped. It's a lot similar to Japanese name order. Anyways there is one problem with dropping the letter in that you could possibly end up having two different names written the exact same. For example in AstralAir, one of the characters is named Yuuki but is also called Yuki. Dropping the extra u would make the two names the same despite not being so. 

Technically there is a correct answer that being the o with a line over it, which you'll typically see used. Though you won't see it used that often since English doesn't have special letters like that. Typically within the weeb culture it's typically repeated but outside, it's usually dropped. It's a lot similar to Japanese name order. Anyways there is one problem with dropping the letter in that you could possibly end up having two different names written the exact same. For example in AstralAir, one of the characters is named Yuuki but is also called Yuki. Dropping the extra u would make the two names the same despite not being so. 

It's not like I chose the names without thinking. If there was a similar instance to what you mentioned in your example, I wouldn't have put it the way I did to begin with. 

Emiya Shirou ---> Emiya Shirō

Personally, removing the extra letter would kinda bug me, since I would pronounce it differently.  For example, Yuma would just be "You-mah", while Yuuma would add extra emphasis on the "u" (I'd pronounce it Yoou-mah), at least that's how I understand it.  For context, I am a native English speaker  :P

Emiya Shirou ---> Emiya Shirō

Personally, removing the extra letter would kinda bug me, since I would pronounce it differently.  For example, Yuma would just be "You-mah", while Yuuma would add extra emphasis on the "u" (I'd pronounce it Yoou-mah), at least that's how I understand it.  For context, I am a native English speaker  :P

It depends. English is obviously nowhere near as rigid as Japanese when it comes to pronunciation (we have silent letters for fucks sake) so there isn't really a correct way to pronunciation things. Obviously people like you and me are more used to it being that way, so maybe that influences how it sounds to us in the first place. 

For example, Yuma would just be "You-mah", while Yuuma would add extra emphasis on the "u" (I'd pronounce it Yoou-mah), at least that's how I understand it. 

Here comes the thing, the correct pronunciation is actually more like "You-mah" rather than "Yoou-mah" (both are off though). Which is why I said a couple posts above, "double vowels of the same letter is weird in English". It makes people misinterpret how the name is supposed to be pronounced.