Paging Nayleen: Fuwa's next big thing?

Tay

Isn't raspberry pi an arduino like thingy? Why would people want a fuwanovel OS for it? o.O I don't really see the use of it. Well it would be cool if you planned to make some kind of handheld device with a fuwa OS to play VNs and browse the net though...

Honestly, I don't think the current Raspberry pi has enough processing power to run the vast majority of vn's; perhaps some really old titles running on certain engines, like PONScripter or outdated KiriKiri, but definately not anything made after 2008-2010. Raspberry Pi is more of a technical devkit, it's possibilities are limited and porting anything common requires serious downgrading or complete rewriting to match the limitations of the platform. I doubt it's completely impossible (Mojang managed to port MC, although it's a heavily edited port), but the memory limitations (256mb out of the box, 512mb max) might be a serious issue, since most vn's operate on memory-heavy assets. Although the GPU is rather powerful considering the platform, actual processing power of Raspberry pi is equivalent to a 300mhz CISC CPU (Hello, Pentium II).The only thing that comes to my mind are retro/NEC vn's or demakes, but those would have to be made from scratch specially for the platform. You might try running Brass Restoration :makina:

It's a rad idea. I'd hapilly see a platform or a mobile device built for reading/playing vn's and with current capabilities, it might be possible to even create vn's on pc's as old as Atari or C64.

Consider the upcoming Raspberry pi 2; it will feature a quadcore ARM CPU, dual-core VideoCore IV GPU and 1GB of RAM; should be more than enough to run almost anything any mid-grade system would. Aside from that, Microsoft plans to offer a free Windows 10 version for the Raspberry pi 2. Not sure about the specs and capabilities yet, but this might mean there won't be any need for specialized OS. In other words, I can definately see possibilities in the future :holo: