Mecha / Action Manga Recommendations

So I've been getting into mecha recently and I'm looking for a good mecha manga to read I'd settle for decent action too.

Manga/anime already read ~ Neon Genesis Evangelion, Muv Luv, Full Metal Panic, Macross (various others I've dropped)

Do you want a manga or an anime?

Giant robots is a genre that's mostly anime-based, I'd recommend going for the original rather than the manga adaptation.

HOWEVER, there are exceptions. Namely, Gundam: The Origin is deemed the best version of the original Gundam 0079 (over the TV series, the three movies and the books) by most fans and the best entry point into Gundam.

To vary some more and go over to super robots, the Getter Robo manga (this time it's indeed the original work) is very good.

Edit: oh and for Sidonia no Kishi go for the manga too. It's the original and you get Nihei's absolutely glorious drawings rather than the horrible 3DCG shit of the anime.

Giant robots is a genre that's mostly anime-based, I'd recommend going for the original rather than the manga adaptation.

HOWEVER, there are exceptions. Namely, Gundam: The Origin is deemed the best version of the original Gundam 0079 (over the TV series, the three movies and the books) by most fans and the best entry point into Gundam.

To vary some more and go over to super robots, the Getter Robo manga (this time it's indeed the original work) is very good.

Edit: oh and for Sidonia no Kishi go for the manga too. It's the original and you get Nihei's absolutely glorious drawings rather than the horrible 3DCG shit of the anime.

Eh.....i enjoyed both the manga n anime too. Its not so bad after couple of ep.

oh mecha mnaga huh...my fav atm is broken blade.

Manga doesn't have to be original I just prefer to read manga than watch anime sometimes. Thanks for the recommendations. I can't stand 3DCG shit either.

Eh.....i enjoyed both the manga n anime too. Its not so bad after couple of ep.

To be honest I really don't like 3DCG. But even putting my tastes aside, 3DCG for TV anime series is not yet up to the point where you can avoid having super stiff and weirdness-inducing characters. It really looks bad to me... But I know people can stomach it/don't care about the visuals for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Gundam Seed Astray. It's a spinoff manga from Gundam Seed that is arguably better than the original anime. (edit: Though you should probably at least read the manga of Gundam Seed or watch the anime before reading Astray since it kind of assumes you know what's going on)

edit:oh oh oh and Crossbone Gundam.

edit2:OH OH OH and Gundam Ecole du Ciel.

Sorry I keep remembering good gundam manga.