Windows 10 Visual Novel Compatiblity

Kaytwice

I've always hated UAC ever since it was introduced, its good for the layman but I know what I am doing so I don't really worry about it too much.

Removing / disable UAC is always what i do it's useless when you have 1 account on your pc but even on win 10 the UAC still the same as win7 so if with win 7/win 8 you have no problem with UAC disable you won't have problem with UAC disable on win10 ;)

Removing / disable UAC is always what i do it's useless when you have 1 account on your pc but even on win 10 the UAC still the same as win7 so if with win 7/win 8 you have no problem with UAC disable you won't have problem with UAC disable on win10 ;)

I am already running the 10 Insider Preview so i know this lol

• 3 weeks later...
It would be great if somebody could reply to my questions above. 

CCCP and Kawaii pack are not the ones I would recommend honestly.

If you want my personal choice and recommendation: http://downloads.ddigest.com/software/download.php?sid=1089&ssid=0&did=5

Best codec pack IMO, lots of customisation, native rendering support and stability.

• 4 weeks later...

It's really my biggest concern with upgrading, along with all of the other games I play, but I digress. I don't know if there has been a topic covering this or not, but I know that some people have problems running certain VN's on 8 and 8.1, so do you think a lot of VN's, perhaps more, will have the same issues? Or do you think that there won't be a problem? 

Probably, it's always been this way, older VNs will always suffer with time, although this doesn't hold true for VNs released in recent years as much so I think these should be mostly fine since they were released with more recent operating systems which Windows 10 should be fairly compatible with.

But I'm certain there will eventually be fixes for potential issues with older VNs as well. I remember Ever17 not running on Windows 8 but that eventually got fixed.

With the upcoming release of new VN's , do you think that some VN's might have problems running with windows XP?

Yes.

Also adding that I still can't make ITH work on w10 and so couldn't some other people either. ITHVNR and VNR work fine though.

I don't expect Windows 10 to break many VNs that work in Windows 8.  Windows 8 broke games that use the KiriKiri engine because it has DRM that was specifically designed to only work with contemporary versions of Windows.  In other words, the engine was defective by design.

Also adding that I still can't make ITH work on w10 and so couldn't some other people either. ITHVNR and VNR work fine though.

And don't expect it to work in the future either, ITH is no longer being updated since 2012, hence why it's starting to become more and more flawed as Windows gets newer updates and the more recent games even sometimes crash with it.

ITHVNR is a recent project which is still in development, hence why it's working.

And don't expect it to work in the future either, ITH is no longer being updated since 2012, hence why it's starting to become more and more flawed as Windows gets newer updates and the more recent games even sometimes crash with it.

ITHVNR is a recent project which is still in development, hence why it's working.

Yeah I know. Just said that ITH doesn't work so people don't panic lol They still will

I don't expect Windows 10 to break many VNs that work in Windows 8.  Windows 8 broke games that use the KiriKiri engine because it has DRM that was specifically designed to only work with contemporary versions of Windows.  In other words, the engine was defective by design.

I don't think there should occur any major issues. But you might need to find some new workarounds for problems that happens. Main thing if you got a win 7 and have had that for a long time.

The most new things I've had to do with win 8. Is to search around for win 8 support patches. I think I had to do that with Ruitomo iirc. That didn't make a lot of sense at the time. But few vn's need a support patch. I don't think all vn's got a win 8 support patch that might need it. So errr. Old vn's 'might' have a higher likelihood to not work on win 10. I am guessing that will happen anyway.

Only VN that doesn't work for me is Osadai. Didn't bother to even try to fix it though so there might be a way to get it working. I don't have any other VNs at the moment that use Kirikiri engine so I don't know if that is the problem.

Edit: Nvm it has easy fix.